Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Animation Station - Post your views
Your five favorite Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:39 pm
There is so much animation in the world. It has been around almost as long as motion pictures. The first hand-drawn animation was done in 1908 it was called Fantasmagorie. It has since gotten more complex and much more colorful. smile Animation covers more that just small childrens shows, it exemplifies many different things. From adult stories to education, from thought provoking shows to just plain fun entertainment.

Here I am going to give what I think my top five favorite animated shows are. Give it a try too, and then we can discuss them. smile

My top five are: (in no particular order)

1: Sailor Moon
2: Akira
3: Max Fleicher Superman
4: Nausicaa: of the Valley of the Wind
5: Barefoot Gen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:36 pm
Here are my five favs.

1) Aang, The Air Bender
2) Gundam series
3) Rouroni Kenshin
4) Samurai X
5) Heavy Metal  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:31 pm
Thats an interesting list. I almost put Avatar on my list, I would say that it was number 6 smile Which Gundam series did you like? Heavy Metal was one of the more graphic shows I saw. I thought it was interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:43 am
:3 Mine top five >

1) FullMetal Alchemist
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) Lovely Complex
4) Death Note
5) Bleach

XD  

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:06 pm
Thats a good set Pie. smile I've never heard of Lovely Complex though, whats it about?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Hazumu-san
Thats an interesting list. I almost put Avatar on my list, I would say that it was number 6 smile Which Gundam series did you like? Heavy Metal was one of the more graphic shows I saw. I thought it was interesting.

Here is the Gundam series I like.
Mobile Suit Double Zeta Gundam series  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:19 pm
I haven't seen that particular Gundam Show, I have seen a few versions. I just saw that one just yesterday when I was over at Best Buy, I was almost tempted to get it because it was 50% off.

My favorite was Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:53 am
Awh; such dusty memories indeed. lol  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm
My five top five?
Hmmm...
I was mostly obsessed with Bleach. I remember waiting week after week for the next episode to be released in America; trying desperately not to watch it online, and sometimes failing miserably, by not only watching the next one, but even several after.
Then FMA,
Death Note
Fruit Basket
Ok, now don't laugh too hard, but I did love Digimon. When everyone else went Poke-crazy, I thought Digimons were the champions.

Wait... I have to go back. My all time fav would have to be Looney Tunes. I still enjoy Bugs, the Road Runner, The Martian, Foghorn, Pepe ...
Tom & Jerry can still crack me up too. But this group is more about a laugh and less about the story, but still needed to be mentioned!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:03 pm
I couldn't agree with you more Gwee. I juz loved the "Goof Troup." hehe  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:19 pm
I liked Bleach, but it reminded me of Yu Yu Hakusho. Not that I am complaining I really liked it. smile The is something to be said for the looney tunes. Where else could you find adult humor hiding in plain sight, and yet children could enjoy it?

I've heard so much about Fruits Basket, yet I have never seen it. I think I am going to have to put it on my rental list.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 am
I've neva heard of Fruits Basket. Can joo give a brief synopsis?  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:04 pm
Here is a synopsis from Anime News Network for the first DVD. I hope it helps. I've got it on my rental que on Rent Anime. smile

After the death of her mother, young Tohru Honda has been secretly living on her own in a tent. Her life changes forever when she stumbles upon the secret of the Sohma family, whose land she has been living on. The secret of the Sohma family is a curse that changes some members of the family into animals of the Chinese Zodiac when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex. Now, living with the Sohma family, Tohru is in the middle of ancient conflicts between Zodiac rivals as she wears the burden of the Sohma family secret. Despite this, the members of the Sohma family find a new peace thanks to the presence of Tohru.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:54 pm
... I'm gonna make two lists. One for animes I like now, the other for the best animated shows I used to watch as a kid.. you know... Saturday morning type stuff.

Of the Now:
1. Vandread
2. Claymore
3. Berserk
4. Trigun
5. Full Metal Alchemist

Of Yesterday:
1. Mighty Max
2. Batman: The Animated Series
3. Histeria
4. Starship Troopers: Roughneck Chronicles
5. Spider Man  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:48 pm
Those are some good shows Chain. I've seen FMA and a little bit of Trigun and Berserk. (Berserk was a little much for me though) I have seen some stuff on Claymore, but I really don't know what it is about. I have also seen some stuff for Vandread and it looked funny, what do you think?

Also there is a recommendation thread for everyone. smile

Animation Station - Post your views

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces