Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Animation Station - Post your views
Your recomendation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:00 pm
Go ahead and recommend an animated show that you like here. Give the title, and maybe a little synopsis of the show, also why you like it.

+ Spoilers and possible spoilers should be clearly marked and/or hidden. If you don't know how to do this, try writing "SPOILER -> /SPOILER" and whiting out the text between. This way everyone can enjoy everything properly. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:04 pm
I have a pretty good recommendation. The show is called Marmalade Boy. It was an anime made in 1994. It was brought over here by TokyoPop. The dubbing is ok, but the sub is better. The only unfortunate thing is that it is out of print now. It can still be had for pretty cheap though.

The show is a love story, drama about Miki and a boy named Yu. The show all starts out with Miki and Yu's parents getting divorces. The story goes on with the travails and adventures of their relationship. I also like the show because it deals with all the secondary characters evenly and ties their stories into the main characters pretty well.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:19 am
Another good film is Princess Mononoke directed by Hayao Miyazaki, It is a great film (of course most of his movies are good). Its about a boy named Ashitaka, and his attempt to reconcile humans and nature. It all starts out with a curse, and from there it gets interesting. The film is done by Studio Ghibli, and true to their form it is wonderfully animated. If you have seen it watch it again, there is lots to see and if you haven't you should you are missing out!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:43 pm
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/1897/yahoo-users-top-rated-animated-films

These are the top 30 animated films according to Yahoo users.

sedo_mare
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:06 pm
Woah! that is so neat! thank you! Do you have any recommendations of your own?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:36 pm
The only one i can think of is Up.
I went into the theater thinking it was going to be another silly little Disney movie, but I came out impressed.  

sedo_mare
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:09 am
I have heard good things about it, but it is a Pixar movie and they are usually pretty good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:03 pm
Very true.  

sedo_mare
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:18 am
Well I saw Ponyo last night at the expensive theatre last night.

The plot centers on a goldfish named Ponyo who befriends a five-year-old human boy Sōsuke and wants to become a human girl.

The animation, by Studio Ghibli was as usual, great! The story was a bit less intense than some of Miyazaki's other works. I would compare it to My Neighbor Totoro it is a fun casual story just to be enjoyed. From what I read about it, that was what Miyazaki was aiming for. If you have a chance to see it I would recommend it. smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:33 pm
For those who prefer shojo (girl) romances try:
Mars
Peach Girl
Kare Kano
Boys over Flowers

A few shonen (boy) romances are:
Takahashi Rumiko's Maison Ikkoku
Boys Be...
Love Roma's
sweet and awkward romance between a no nonsense girl and a too honest guy.

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:08 am
If you ever get a chance you have to see, The Story of Saiunkoku. Its a story of politics, romance and personal conviction. It really good.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:21 am
So far, as far as a well written Manga turned series, is the series Chobits. I absolutely adore it. Grump loved it too. I can't get the "Chi" out of my head.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:12 pm
I would like to recommend Princess Tutu. Its a story of a lost prince and an uncertain destiny. Its full of fairy tales and magic, its a well told story, and well worth a watch. It is in a box set, so its easy to get. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:55 pm
I must say, I really like the Full Metal Alchemist series. Al is my favorite. Having a voice to an empty suit of armor is a great idea. Armstrong, he's a hoot too. There are a lot of really kewl characters on that show.

User Image  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 am
:3 FMA is a really good show, and there's a second series out now. I haven't started watching, but a friend of mine says that it's rather good. c:  
Animation Station - Post your views

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff