Most Epic Moments. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:06 pm
I don't like to throw around the word "epic" but there are some things that can be described as nothing else. When something gives you a feeling of such awe that goosebumps rise on your arms, you can feel your skin tighten from the sheer awesomeness of it all, and a smirk spreads across your face, you know that something is epic.

This has happened a few times to me in gaming, but one of the freshest moments in my mind is Pokemon GSC. I had played Blue version religiously, I was the biggest Poketard this side of the Mississippi, and it was all I thought about. I watched the cartoon, I played the games, I had the toys and merchandise, but I'm not trying to brag or show off my eight year-old Pokecock. Gold, Silver and Crystal came out, and imagine my delight when I found out you got to not only journey through Johto, but KANTO again! It was nostalgia for me, even if it wasn't all that long ago. I fought Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, all of the trainers (now with names!) and Gym Leaders, and even the Elite Four again. Oh, it was sweet.

One challenger remains. Who? Who the hell could remain? Was it Gary? o_O You go through this maze of a place (I think somewhere outside of the Elite Four) and fight high-level Pokemon as you look for someone.

And there he is. Standing silently in the Silver Cave is Red, the character from RBY. Save your game and talk to him.

"......
......"

And the awesome music began. Never have I had so much fun with one Pokemon battle. I don't even know why. The nostalgia, the thought of fighting a character that you had played as before and helped to define, all the times I went through the older games all just surmounted into a battle so ******** epic that I got my headphones and jammed them to my ears, rocking out to the battle music as I fought courageously, barely winning.

And then the screen went black, and Red was gone.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:10 pm
I've experienced that part of Pokemon GSC as well. Also, I think the battle with Gary after beating the Elite Four in RBY versions was epic too.

Also:

-Fight with Ganon in Zelda: OoT

-The last few hours of Mass Effect.  

Sir Codin

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:11 pm
Finding out Bulzeeb on Bomberman 64: TSA was Regulus from the last game. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 pm
While playing Starfox assult, me and my friend decided to try to jump form one arwing to another in mid flight. After about a half hour of trying I flew my arwing in front of his and and got out and jumped, I landed perfectly on his cockpit. In a sort of shock, I said "see ya" and jumped toward my arwing which had now fallen behind us. I made it, got in, and flew away. So epic it hurt.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 pm
When you play Fatal Fury 2 or Fatal Fury Special and you make it to the boss Wolfgang Krauser.....holy s**t.You get a nice lowering pan from the ceiling of a castle while the orchestra plays "Dies Irae" by Mozart. Then, in a crisp and clear voice you hear Wolfgang shout, "I'll chisel your gravestone...sleep well!"

Unfortunately, I cannot show you a clip of just that entrance, but you can listen to the music to see what I mean.

Dies Irae  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:20 pm
If we're talking epic story moments, basically all of Final Fantasy Tactics. Especially the ending, where Ovelia stabs Delita after Delita casts aside everything to carve out a kingdom, for her and for the commoners.

The ending of Shadow of the Colossus also has to be mentioned. Yes, I have a boner for the game, but that doesn't lessen the impact of the ending.

As for best mid-game twists, I'm going to go with Golden Sun 2. As a player, your belief going into the game is that the protagonist is misguided in his final goal, but when you arrive at Lemuria, a scene unfolds that makes you realize that a character you controlled knew more than you.

Definitely more to come here as I remember them.  

Allegro

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 pm
NintendOmega
While playing Starfox assult, me and my friend decided to try to jump form one arwing to another in mid flight. After about a half hour of trying I flew my arwing in front of his and and got out and jumped, I landed perfectly on his cockpit. In a sort of shock, I said "see ya" and jumped toward my arwing which had now fallen behind us. I made it, got in, and flew away. So epic it hurt.
XD We did stuff like that too. I landed on my friend's Arwing and he did a loop (lol from Xilo, Wayne, Trenn and Denko) and I went flying up into the air ridiculously high. He held his Arwing still as long as he could and I landed on it again as he began to fly off. xd Then I blew us both up.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:49 pm
Epic random moments? Let's see, Halo 2, I think. My buddy and I were both in Banshees, and I heard Rockets, and so did he, so we both bailed. He bailed too high, and so did I. But the rockets lost their target as soon as we bailed.

So I got in his, in mid-air, and he got in mine. God-damn EPIC.

Also, I remember my first time through Red, I was severely under-leveled by the time I got to Giovanni, to the point where the only thing I had left against his Rhydon was a level 30 Hitmonchan that I had taught Metronome.

It used it with 49 HP left.

Fissure. Game, Set, Match.  

Allegro

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:57 pm
Allegro
Epic random moments? Let's see, Halo 2, I think. My buddy and I were both in Banshees, and I heard Rockets, and so did he, so we both bailed. He bailed too high, and so did I. But the rockets lost their target as soon as we bailed.

Also, I remember my first time through Red, I was severely under-leveled by the time I got to Giovanni, to the point where the only thing I had left against his Rhydon was a level 30 Hitmonchan that I had taught Metronome.

XD How did you both land in one another's Banshees? Do you bail sideways or what?

I beat the Elite Four with my Haunter left, no attacks left (I even went through using Dream Eater until it ran out of PP) and ******** Struggled them to death.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:00 pm
Meta_Fish
Allegro

XD How did you both land in one another's Banshees? Do you bail sideways or what?

I beat the Elite Four with my Haunter left, no attacks left (I even went through using Dream Eater until it ran out of PP) and ******** Struggled them to death.

In Golden Sun 1 I beat Deadbeard with a Judgement from Isaac, the only living party member, with exactly 1 HP.

What happened was that we were flying directly above each other. We both bailed out at the same time, but he was on top and bailed a split second before I did. By the time I bailed out, I was like right next to his, and he bailed out early enough that my Banshee caught up to him before the game auto-killed him for falling a certain distance.  

Allegro

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:01 pm
Epic Halo 2 moment:

So, during my Sophomore year, I had a team of Halo 2 players that had never been beaten. Like, we were the s**t. 4 on 4 ctf matches. People got pissed. Either way, whatever.

So, we were playing. At this point, we had still never lost. I had rockets, and the rest of my team is dead. I'm the only one on the field. Enemy has our flag, and is about to score and gain the lead. I'm out of ammo on my Battle Rifle, so that's a no go. I have one rocket left, so I look at how fast the guy is running and everything, and just let the last rocket fly. Sure enough, the rocket actually hits him in the side of the ******** head. Epic YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH's were heard around the classroom where we had the club, and we remained undefeated. To this day, we still are. I dunno if we'd ever play together again though. XP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:02 pm
Allegro
Meta_Fish
Allegro

In Golden Sun 1 I beat Deadbeard with a Judgement from Isaac, the only living party member, with exactly 1 HP.

What happened was that we were flying directly above each other. We both bailed out at the same time, but he was on top and bailed a split second before I did. By the time I bailed out, I was like right next to his, and he bailed out early enough that my Banshee caught up to him before the game auto-killed him for falling a certain distance.
I beat the Shadow Queen in PM:TTYD (she is a c**t) with one HP, no items left, no partners left, no FP left, with the last of my star attack power or whatever it's called.

And that's awesome. One of those moments you just want to video tape.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:05 pm
Betman
Epic Halo 2 moment:

So, during my Sophomore year, I had a team of Halo 2 players that had never been beaten. Like, we were the s**t. 4 on 4 ctf matches. People got pissed. Either way, whatever.

So, we were playing. At this point, we had still never lost. I had rockets, and the rest of my team is dead. I'm the only one on the field. Enemy has our flag, and is about to score and gain the lead. I'm out of ammo on my Battle Rifle, so that's a no go. I have one rocket left, so I look at how fast the guy is running and everything, and just let the last rocket fly. Sure enough, the rocket actually hits him in the side of the ******** head. Epic YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH's were heard around the classroom where we had the club, and we remained undefeated. To this day, we still are. I dunno if we'd ever play together again though. XP
Halo makes for epic moments. A couple weeks ago a buddy of mine and were playing Construct, and he had a perfection going. One kill left, and I had been baiting all game long, to get them in his range (2 on 2.) So they realize they haven't killed Colin yet, and fall down the middle to where he's waiting. I start freaking out and run after him, accidentally kicking a fusion core we'd pushed up the elevator. I fell short of the gap in the floor.
So here's what happens. Colin, in a panic, fires off a burst of BR fire into one guy's head. This guy whips out the sword and lunges towards him.

And hits the falling fusion core. It explodes and gives Colin the credit for killing him because he was the last one to do damage.

Game Over.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:12 pm
Epic Moments...

Well when I wasted Red's Pikachu in one single hit with Earthquake was pretty refreshing.

Still can't believe it. The Feraligatr was at least 20 levels lower then his lv 81. But still!

What other times... uh...

Ugh, so many games, I can't recall which one to say.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:12 pm
Left 4 Dead: I was playing versus mode and got to spawn as the special infected called "The Tank" I beat my friends by hitting the alarm rigged car at them. All my friend could is watch in horror as the car slowly rolled over (and setting off the alarm at the same time) his two allies "Bill and Francis" Louis*?* was following him on the corner of his screen when he saw him get taken down by a flung piece of concreate so the black man was downed and now zombie foood for the alerted horde. He turned around while running to see me charging at him giant arm about to swing at his face....that was the most damn best run I've ever had as the Tank

Gears of war 2: I was playing Guardian, our general was dead making the idea of respawning impossible. I was gunned down and bleeding out on the bridge I was fighting at and was desperately crawling away. My friend vaulted over the sand bags ,and rifle butted the computer enemy that was about to curb stomp my head into the pavement. Stumbling this gave him time to revive me and hit the enemy one more time, I arose and melee'd the now downed enemy with my shotgun. Starting up the unique kill with the shot gun I used it like a golf club. Attacking his head at an odd angle, making it look like I spanked the ******** so hard his head popped off.
(all this happened in a course of 5 seconds....we couldn't stop laughing when we realized what happened)

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff