The Chamber

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 am
Okay, this is the bad prompt that I said I might submit. Again, this is about 30 minutes of work, with minimal editing. The prompt is "Begin your work with the sentence: 'He dumped her like a rock falling off a cliff, fast and sudden.'" As you read you'll understand why I dislike this type of prompt.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:47 am
He dumped her like a rock falling off a cliff, fast and sudden. Her head disappeared behind an iron portcullis as her sprawled figure reached the tunnel at the end of the conveyor. Mottled flagstones under the belt cried with swipes of green and blue, dulled by the anguish of her passage. Rubber soles scrape lichen from the stones as the man saunters away, burdened with loss. From beyond the portcullis a sizzling, like that of onion in a skillet, emits. Moss-stained rock walls resound with the dire crackle in an apostrophe to their vacant partners, previously on the opposite end of the chamber.

Pivoting on a heel, the man redresses the right of the ancient chamber to its amalgamation of steel and stone. The confine of his skull houses a fight between past emotions and present rationale, the former fleeing the blood-spattered hippodrome.

"Good-bye, pristine angel. Fear not the future, for you follow fabricated footsteps home."  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces