• Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:31 pm
ack Thompson has evolved!
Not actually ack Thompson

The average gamer age is 30? Wat.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:35 pm
I don't see anything knocking MadWorld. It sounds like they just want people to be more aware of game ratings.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Walamanchee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:36 pm
Quote:
Parents group protest the release of Madworld

EVERYTHING THAT GETS ON THE WII YOU MUST BUY. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE. AND BE SURE TO LET YOUR FIVE YEAR OLD PLAY IT AND PLAY VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES mad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 pm
i thought jack thompson was a myth >_>

thats what all the other political people say.  

Xilo The Odd

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:42 pm
Teh AK
I don't see anything knocking MadWorld. It sounds like they just want people to be more aware of game ratings.
Playing on the fact the article had quotes saying basically that "loolbadvidyagaemzmaekbaedpepul."

Quote:
That doesn't mean a video-game playing kid is destined to become "some aggressive fringe member of society," Stavinoha says. "But there is no positive outcome, and as a parent, why would you want to put your child in a position where there is no upside, only a downside? Also, some kids who don't have the same emotional coping skills as other kids can gravitate toward these games rather than toward more appropriate social outlets."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:50 pm
Wow, over-reaction much?
I think Raui's sarcasm got it right. It seems people think every game on the Wii has to be family friendly rolleyes Hello, Call of Duty? No More Heroes!? Various... other violent games? s**t, I don't ******** man, just drop it. Nintendo's got plenty of baby games to pacify them.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:50 pm
auS-e-Dude
Teh AK
Playing on the fact the article had quotes saying basically that "loolbadvidyagaemzmaekbaedpepul."

Quote:
That doesn't mean a video-game playing kid is destined to become "some aggressive fringe member of society," Stavinoha says. "But there is no positive outcome, and as a parent, why would you want to put your child in a position where there is no upside, only a downside? Also, some kids who don't have the same emotional coping skills as other kids can gravitate toward these games rather than toward more appropriate social outlets."

You're only saying that because that's what you want it to say.

Yes, if a 5-year old played a game like MadWorld, it might ******** them up.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:52 pm
dragn99
Wow, over-reaction much?
I think Raui's sarcasm got it right. It seems people think every game on the Wii has to be family friendly rolleyes Hello, Call of Duty? No More Heroes!? Various... other violent games? s**t, I don't ******** man, just drop it. Nintendo's got plenty of baby games to pacify them.

Are you serious? How am I over-reacting? o_O

All I said was it didn't seem like they had anything against MadWorld.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:52 pm
auS-e-Dude
Teh AK

Quote:

No positive outcome. lol
"Appropriate social outlets." lol  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 pm
Teh AK
dragn99
Wow, over-reaction much?

I think he may have been talking about the parents. >_>  

l-Kriel-l

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 pm
Shane-Cheshner
Teh AK
dragn99
Wow, over-reaction much?

That certainly led me to believe otherwise.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:00 pm
Teh AK
Shane-Cheshner
Teh AK
dragn99
Wow, over-reaction much?

But...Raui's post was not connected to yours. >_>
And drop it...maybe. But I really doubt that it was directed towards you...  

l-Kriel-l

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:00 pm
Teh AK
dragn99
Wow, over-reaction much?

I was talking about the parents that wan't to ban MadWorld or whatever. Nothing against you man. You're awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:02 pm
Shane-Cheshner
Teh AK
Shane-Cheshner
Teh AK
dragn99
Wow, over-reaction much?

Yeah, I had lost my train of thought by the "drop it" part sweatdrop It happens sometimes.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:11 pm
Shane-Cheshner
Teh AK
Shane-Cheshner
Teh AK
dragn99
Wow, over-reaction much?

It seemed like he was saying that Raui was right and I was wrong. You don't see the connection? We're talking about the same topic. I just took the side of the article.

Maybe not the best title, though. Other than the title, I didn't see anything about them being against M rated games. Just seems to me that it's about kids who are too young playing them.

Is this the same article I heard about in a podcast where it was implying that the Wii is no longer family friendly? Because THAT is ridiculous.

But like I said, it seemed to me that this article is about parents being more aware of what they buy for their children.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff