Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Recruitment thread?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:49 am
Hey everyone - as far as I know, this guild doesn't have a thread in the Registered Guilds forum. (I could be completely wrong, in which case, please correct me! I've gone through long spells of inactivity.)

But if we don't have one, why don't we set one up? It's pretty easy, and it gives us a window to the outside world. smile Ostensibly it is good for recruitment - even though we only target crew members and above, we still get use out of a public thread. Also, it's another place to chat and spam together. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:07 am
This is... something we've talked about several times but never really got off. You know, I think we did have one at one point... It died though.

If you're willing to volunteer to make one, we won't stop you. 3nodding  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:30 pm
I stumbled on a thread from last year where this was brought up - Rita posted a link but apparently it was in a guild, since deactivated. o_O

I'll put one together in the next day or two and throw it out there. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:39 pm
Your link is bad.

"Permission Error

You are not authorized to view this thread."

It was probably removed.  

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:57 pm
xd At least I wasn't crazy in thinking we had tried one.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:24 am
I am the Spaceman
Your link is bad.

"Permission Error

It was probably removed.

Sorry, it's in a Crew subforum. ninja sweatdrop  

WindowOpener

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 am
I worked for me. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:14 pm
WindowOpener
I am the Spaceman
Your link is bad.

"Permission Error

It was probably removed.

Sorry, it's in a Crew subforum. ninja sweatdrop

gonk  

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:01 pm
Hehe. Well we have tried doing this many times xd Its just... the idea of setting it up and getting people to keep it alive at all times. Does anyone think we'd actually be able to do that xD I just think activity would be a problem for it heh sweatdrop

We had a few ideas though like adding a few contests, what information we'd put on the thread, and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:39 am
Window isn't a moderator anymore? Then who am I to pester about the state of the Guilds forum when I get bored of sending in 5+ reports per page of threads? hrmmm?  

LillianSaire

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:35 am
LillianSaire
Window isn't a moderator anymore? Then who am I to pester about the state of the Guilds forum when I get bored of sending in 5+ reports per page of threads? hrmmm?

You can still pester him. He will act as swiftly and effectively as always.. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 pm
Then allow me to inform you, that the Guilds forum has a shitload buttload of threads that aren't guilds-in-a-thread. Most of those are RG types of threads; the bulk of which are advertising GGN guilds, and the second most common (or easiest to find) are the selling a GGN guild threads. In addition, the flood control requires a one minute, or sixty second, wait between reports. This deters me from reporting those thread, seeing as I like to do it a page at a time. Once I leaned that the limit is sixty seconds, I could count threads to report, and easily see the 10 minutes of procrastination homework that could be put into more acceptable forms of procrastination activities.  

LillianSaire

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:39 am
*shakes fist at Guilds forum* mad

If you happen to see a moderator online for that forum anytime soon, grab them by the collar approach them politely and request that they feast their eyes upon the banquet of spam, and fetch the vaccum cleaner.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:24 am
Okay, not quite done inside one or two days, but it's there eventually.

Comments and ideas welcome, but not as much as posts. smile  

WindowOpener

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces