Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
THE worst/disappointing game you have ever played Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wariodude128

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:23 pm
If this has been done before, forgive me. Anyway, this is to discuss the one game or games as the case may be that you hate above all others and would rather play E.T. The Game than play it (Unless of course the game in question that you hate is E.T. The Game). This is also for those games that you thought would be the most fun you've had in awhile when you first got it... but it ends up being not what the commercial said/got duped by the stuff said on the back of the box and finding it wasn't all that amazing. For me, it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the Gamecube. I thought it would be pretty good since I've been hearing that ever since Battle Nexus, the TMNT games have been going downhill. Fortunately, it was from my local pawnshop up the street that let me return a game if I didn't like it. So I stuck it in my Wii, watched the theme video, and started Raphael's story. I went through a few levels with him and died while trying to take down the huge mouser robot thing. I thought it would just take me to the beginning of that level. Nope. Instead, it brought me back TO THE VERY BEGINNING OF RAPHAEL'S STORY!!! Needless to say, I was pissed and brought back the game. Anyone else have a story like this? If so, which game was it and how pissed were you?

EDIT: This topic is now also for the worst/disappointing part(s) in a game that you had to struggle through in an otherwise great game that you like. This can include minigames, levels, even lame hidden secrets.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:32 pm
Probably Superman 64. I was young and foolish and rented it. It's Superman, so I thought that I was going to fly around and beat up bad guys and use laser beams and everything, and I get it and it turns out it was one of the worst games ever made.

Kid Icarus and Toejam and Earl were huge disappointments too, just because everywhere I look, people are talking about how great they are, but when I downloaded them I was severely disappointed.

Pokemon Snap was a pretty big let-down for me, too. I save up my money for so long for that game and bought it the day it came out. I read the instruction booklet on the way home and when we went out to eat (why do I remember that we didn't just go straight home?) and then took it home and beat it in two hours, if that. Fifty dollars is the world to a youngster.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:37 pm
Kid Icarus isn't that bad, it is just agonizingly hard. The gameboy one didn't have those scrolling up levels, and it looks a lot better. One of the reasons I want Virtual Console to get gameboy games. THat is just my opinion, why am I arguing with yours? Do I think I am going to change your mind? XD

This is open to change, because I im really indecisive. Probably Perfect Dark Zero as of what I can think of right now. I mean, 64 was pretty much perfect. What went wrong?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 pm
SUPER MARIO BROS LAWL

/trollbait

Probably the original Final Fantasy. After a childhood brush with III on my Super, I rediscovered the series around X (when I got my first PS console), then played X-2, 7, 8, 9, XII, IV, and finally decided to play the game that started it all.

It was really, really bad. It has the same unpolished air as 7. I was trying my hardest and couldn't play it for an hour. neutral How did that save their company?  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:55 pm
-Zephyrotica-
SUPER MARIO BROS LAWL

/trollbait

Probably the original Final Fantasy. After a childhood brush with III on my Super, I rediscovered the series around X (when I got my first PS console), then played X-2, 7, 8, 9, XII, IV, and finally decided to play the game that started it all.

It was really, really bad. It has the same unpolished air as 7. I was trying my hardest and couldn't play it for an hour. neutral How did that save their company?
I was gonna say, beats other games that came out in 1987. Then I looked it up. Every good game series started that year. Zelda, Mega Man, Castlevania, Punch Out. Also SNK had like 30 games that came out!

No wait. 1990? hold on a minute.

It took them three years to bring that over from Japan?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:01 pm
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

I don't know what the f*ck I was thinking. A LISCENCED GAME? Buying it is currently the biggest fail of my life. Traded it in for a copy of Phantom Brave, much better game.  

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:02 pm
Owwin
-Zephyrotica-
SUPER MARIO BROS LAWL

/trollbait

I was gonna say, beats other games that came out in 1987. Then I looked it up. Every good game series started that year. Zelda, Mega Man, Castlevania, Punch Out. Also SNK had like 30 games that came out!

No wait. 1990? hold on a minute.

It took them three years to bring that over from Japan?
And you would think, given that much time, that the translation would be at least okay. rolleyes It was all I could do to figure out where I had to go next.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:07 pm
I thought Super Dragon ball z was pretty bad.  

V1SUAL K31

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 pm
Besides the Clash of Ninja series every Naruto game I have played was a huge let down.

Heck just in general besides Clash of Ninja every game I have played that is based off an anime sucked.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:44 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Besides the Clash of Ninja series every Naruto game I have played was a huge let down.

Heck just in general besides Clash of Ninja every game I have played that is based off an anime sucked.

I beg to differ. I never liked the anime in general, but the game isn't that bad, assuming you're playing the right one. Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, and all the Wii ones, were a lot better than GNT 1, 2, and 3. Sure, it's a fighting game, but it differs a lot more in the sense that...combos are broken. On the other hand, you're basically mashing the B button and occasionally the A, Y, and X buttons. The Narutard games were pretty horrible, but GNT is slightly better. Just slightly. Partly because it's on the Gamecube, rofl

I'm probably gonna get a lot of fanboys or fangirls complaining to me, but if you ask me, I'd say any game that has the words "Tales" and "Symphonia" in it, and anything that is related in some way, is horrible. That piece of crap is the definition of RPG-ripoffs. The games, and I won't joke here, really make me want to stop playing video games altogether. If games like these are going to continue being made, I might as well gouge my eyes out.

And in case you didn't know, Gekitou Ninja Taisen is the Japanese name. I tried translating it once, and...I swear to god, it does NOT translate into "Clash of Ninja."  

Gikaru

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:53 pm
Gikaru
I'm probably gonna get a lot of fanboys or fangirls complaining to me, but if you ask me, I'd say any game that has the words "Tales" and "Symphonia" in it, and anything that is related in some way, is horrible. That piece of crap is the definition of RPG-ripoffs. The games, and I won't joke here, really make me want to stop playing video games altogether. If games like these are going to continue being made, I might as well gouge my eyes out.

Well, that's your opinion; it's to be respected.

So spill, why do you dislike it so much?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:54 pm
Gikaru
KyuubiNaruto4

I beg to differ. I never liked the anime in general, but the game isn't that bad, assuming you're playing the right one. Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, and all the Wii ones, were a lot better than GNT 1, 2, and 3. Sure, it's a fighting game, but it differs a lot more in the sense that...combos are broken. On the other hand, you're basically mashing the B button and occasionally the A, Y, and X buttons. The Narutard games were pretty horrible, but GNT is slightly better. Just slightly. Partly because it's on the Gamecube, rofl

And in case you didn't know, Gekitou Ninja Taisen is the Japanese name. I tried translating it once, and...I swear to god, it does NOT translate into "Clash of Ninja."

You got it backwards dude I frickin love the Clash of Ninja series. Own the first two that came to the US(JAPAN HAD FOUR crying ) and rented both Revolution 1 & 2.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gikaru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:41 pm
Aha, sorry. I tend to read too fast for my brain to completely understand. sweatdrop

TtheHero
Well, that's your opinion; it's to be respected.

So spill, why do you dislike it so much?
I also tend not to list the reasons most of the time.

zomg wall of text? Not really.

I first tried comparing it to a game that was closest to it in terms of battle. Star Ocean 3 was my test subject, mostly because I don't recall ever playing enough of two games before it. Let's start with a similarity. I had no idea using a technique or combo was as easy as counting to one. On top of that, you could combo using a bunch of those techniques in one go. Now, if I had to state a difference in the battle system, it was that SO3 at least allowed you to strafe. It wasn't necessarily strafing, but it wasn't like ToS, where you could only move toward or away your target.

I then tried comparing ToS to numerous RPGs in terms of storyline, and found it closest to the old Final Fantasy games. I say the old ones because, besides FF10, going to the temples was an obvious part of the storyline. I never bothered to care what they were in ToS, but I do recall watching my neighbor go through one of these dungeons. When he reached the end (my memory is a bit fuzzy around here), he fought...a horse boss? Afterward, one of the characters took the spotlight as, well, I dunno. He had wings, I think, but only at that one scene. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure about whether it was a guy or a girl, but that's not the point. In that one dungeon alone and a little bit after it, the game was already summarized in my head, though the beginning is probably off: You find a special guy, the special guy needs to go to these temples to get powers (or was it to seal something?), and you fight the final boss behind all of this. Sounds like a regular game for me. However, what probably led me away from the game was the story itself. While it did sound like a regular overused story...hm. I don't know?

Comparing ToS's graphics to another game's is like comparing the old Dr. Mario to, say, Halo 3 graphics. Gamecube didn't have a lot of games with very good graphics. Besides, I dislike the idea of using graphics in an argument. Possibly off topic when I say this, but I'd rather play Runescape than a lot of other MMORPGs. The game isn't THAT bad, it just takes so damn long to do anything.

All in all, I just don't like the game, and I don't know completely why. The reasons I listed probably tie together with some other reason, but for sure are related somehow.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:52 pm
The worst game I've ever played would probably be some licensed Gameboy game that I've suppressed all memories of.

The most disappointing game I remember was Cooking Mama. I bought it for the quirky yet cute premise, I stopped playing for the terrible explanations of what you're supposed to do and really random/rubber band scoring.

If the game is docking you as many, if not more, points for being slightly off on water measurement as dropping the meal on the floor, something is wrong.

If the game wants you to prepare a certain amount of food in the bonuses, but you can't figure out how well you're doing because the game grades anything lower than your best score as a fail, something is wrong.

If I have to consult a walkthrough because the game (and the manual) won't tell me anything besides 'pan-fry' and I don't know what pan-frying is... okay, that might mean I don't cook enough, but outside knowledge on a topic should not be required to figure out how to play a game; there needs to at least be a help option.

The timing is also too harsh. I can pour a certain amount of water, yes, but if my measurement is slightly low I'll run out of time trying to add a little more. If my measurement is slightly high I'll either run out of time because of the time spent pouring water or be stuck with too much water measured and not able to remove any. I realize you don't have a ton of room for error in cooking, but this game combines a really harsh timer with a mistake being an automatic fail and you have no room for error at all.

The entire thing could just be a bunch of goofy cooking minigames if it wasn't for the fact that the execution of the game just made it aggravating instead of fun.
/rant  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:13 pm
@Gikaru: So, you didn't like it because...you couldn't strafe...the graphics were poor...and the story was bland? I...I...-ded-

I'm not going to argue, though. I thought about it, but it wouldn't change anything here.

Worst game for me was probably DBZ: Burst limit. It only covered the ******** Freiza saga. -_-

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff