Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Bracelet idea, suggestions needed on colors.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Add the Blue Lace Agate?
  It's fine as it is.
  Yes!
  I have another suggestion.
View Results

Katalixa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:35 am
One of my other habits besides beading is Tarot. And one of my favorite Tarot decks, the Thoth deck, makes an absolutely stunning use of colors and unique color combinations. In the middle of one reading, I looked at The Star and thought, "Rhodonite," and started planning a bracelet. The below image is the card (The Star), and the first iteration of my idea. (I don't actually have these specific beads on hand, I just copied pictures from FireMountainGems and played with them in the GIMP to make virtual strings of beads. Once I'm set on a design I really like, I'll order the materials.)

Anyway, the picture:

User Image

Supplies: 15-17mm Rhodonite nuggets, 6mm Sodalite, 4mm faceted Jablonex glass. It'd be three strands, with the design "staggered" like you see above. Note that the size of the image is larger than the actual size of the beads.

I want to capture a bit more of the white/light blue, I think, to really get the nuance of the original card. I was thinking of adding some 4 mm Blue Lace Agate around the glass bits. Blue Lace Agate looks like this, for reference:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Any other thoughts to bring more of The Star into my proposed idea?  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:14 pm
i think its best as it is its already really nice  

ii_babby gurl_ii

fearlesstig

4,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 am
The design already has large pieces. If you can get the light blue small enough I think it would add pizzazz. also might try tiny gold or silver beads between the stones for a little shine. don't overdo though. The design is beautiful as it is.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:11 pm
your pic doesnt show up on my computer neutral  

trip_sha

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:53 pm
A small punch of neon blue as spacers would bring out the natural blues in the stones.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games