Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Relationships

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Barakiel9909

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:51 am
Hooboy, this is a toughie. Okay, sorry about this teen drama guys, but here goes.

A couple of years ago two of my friends started dating, and a couple of days ago they broke up. This, of course, really hurt the girl emotionally. Now both of them are still my friends, but the girl now wants to go out with me. I'm bi and just not attracted to her, and she's home in Minnesota, and I'm in college in California. I really don't want to hurt again, but I don't want to be tied to her, either. Any advice?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:10 am
Well, if you aren't attracted to her mentally or physically, then there's not really any point in taking on that commitment. It'll do far worse if she realizes your interest isn't there, than if you lead her on.  

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Nurren Pamuk

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 am
Blue Atsushi-Kai
Well, if you aren't attracted to her mentally or physically, then there's not really any point in taking on that commitment. It'll do far worse if she realizes your interest isn't there, than if you lead her on.

Whoa, whoa, back up there. So you're saying that leading her on would be better? A trail of sugar-coated lies to soothe an aching heart, then to be shattered with a "no" afterwards? Excuse me, but that would only hurt her worse.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:51 pm
You're right, that sounded wrong. I had a couple different ways of saying that, and they kinda merged...happens sometimes. What I MEANT to say was that it's worse to lead her on and have her realize the truth, than to just be honest from the get go.  

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:38 pm
Just put it very simply. You are only interested in pursuing a friendship with her and nothing more.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:09 pm
^this^

I always say too much and get myself lost...*sigh* I really gotta work on that...  

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:51 pm
00Shoe
Just put it very simply. You are only interested in pursuing a friendship with her and nothing more.

I'd have to agree, make sure you tell her from the bat you don't want to be anything more than friends and then try to set her up with someone similar to her if you can...  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:31 pm
well it would only hurt her more so just tell her your just not interested in a nice way? owo  

The Turbo Muffin

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:19 pm
I concur. I mean it's not like Murphy's law would prevail now would it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 pm
Haha well I may be a little late on the opinion of what you should do posting, but hey, I'll give it a go!

Honestly, I think you should tell her that you can be there for her as a friend, but nothing more. If she needs to talk ever or needs a friend, you're there! And hey, offer to do things for her. If you can send her a card or some flowers or something, or do something else for her, show her that you do care for her, but you're not attracted. Just sit and talk to her about the whole thing really. Humans are the supposed better species so tell her that she's special and make her feel better 3nodding

Also, not that this relates to anything, but I have a friend who said he was bi but he was never attracted to women. Now he's a full gay. You might want to check under your cap to see if you still have an attraction to women. Sometimes you may see that your car parts have changed whee Go out and explore!  

Kyle C Fox

Sato Ukie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:06 am
me and my mate have been going out for 1 year, online. before i made enough money to go see her for 2 weeks. ^_^. that was amazing. but it takes abit i guess, you need to love her just ask much as she will love, talk to eachother as if you were next to them. and be happy. say you will see eachother soon.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games