Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
The Watumelon Item Chat! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which EI was the best??
  Fallen Wish
  Jinxi's Charm
  Death Whisper
  Other (Please state in comment)
View Results

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 pm
Hey, Everyone!! Here's a spot to chat about the coolest and/or newest EI's, collectible, and random items on Gaia! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:32 pm
So far there are some really good ones out there. Yemaya's Pearl, Fremere's Guard and the nano-c. I think the best evolving items have a combination of different items, hat, hair, clothes, etc... I just wish I could get more than just one biggrin

I wonder what the Nartian Rock is going to be like though.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:20 pm
yeah, if they didn't cost real money &/or tons of gold, I'd get them all! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:09 am
Death Whisper and Fallen Wish are my favs so far. But I do agree with Hazu. I like using an item from each of them to create a new exciting look. I also try to collect as many of one I can to make a complete matching collectible theme. Miss yawll. Hugglez  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:42 pm
Bubbles, that would be neat, but I think your outfits are great just as they are!  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:51 am
Thanks Hazu. That's mighty sweet of ya. I'm so loving the little cheep's.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:36 am
I like the Nano-c, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Anima Adamantia. I like the gritty sci-fi style of the Nano-c over the shiny, anime-esque style of the Anima. A lot of the Nano-c stuff reminds me of the old Wing Commander games.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:24 am
Wow! I never thought about that before Chain. You're right. They do look like the old Wing Commander games.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:47 am
:O
I didn't know you were a fan of the old Wing Commander games!
I love those games! They are my favorite video game series ever!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:24 am
I got a Fremere's Guard, it looks really interesting. Now all I need are some more great dresses. Also, is it me or there not a lot of items for cosplaying a samurai?  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:49 pm
There are some, but not very many, no.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:33 am
ChainsawDooM
:O
I didn't know you were a fan of the old Wing Commander games!
I love those games! They are my favorite video game series ever!

Yay! I'm just full of surprises aren't I? mrgreen  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:11 am
What is Wing Commander? I've heard of it and I saw a movie named after it, but...

What does everone think of the Masquerade and Nightmare?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:59 am
I really love the Nightmare. Too bad I can't afford one right now. And, I don't want to take the lime light away from Chainsaw, so I'll let him tell you about the old Wing Commander.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:55 am
Wing Commander is a series of space fighter simulation games developed by Origin Systems in the 90's. Origin Systems was based in Austin, Texas, and was most famous for the Wing Commander, Crusader, and Ultima series. You should have heard of Ultima if you were at all interested in fantasy/roleplaying games in the 90's, and I think I remember Crusader having a pretty big hype back when it came out, as well. They also published System Shock, the granddaddy of Bioshock (and a hell of an innovative game).

Unfortunately, Origin pretty much died after EA bought them. In the gaming world at that time, EA was a killer of game developers (... buying them and then disbanding them so that they didn't have to deal with competition... well... if you were lucky. If not, they'd set up a bullshit court suit up against you and just wait it out until you drowned in legal fees and debt because you couldn't release your games until the court suit was settled, but they could just wait it out forever due to being a huge corporate juggernaut. EAs not as bad anymore... but I still hate their asses for what they did to Origin... Origin was so ahead of its time in every game...

Anyway...
Wikipedia
Set in the 27th century, the games tell the story of humanity's war against the Kilrathi, an alien species of large feline bipeds. Launching from carrier ships, the player fulfills various missions in starfighters. The games were all notable for their storytelling through extensive cutscenes. Starting with Wing Commander III, every game (excluding Secret Ops) contained cutscenes that incorporated live action filming, starring several major Hollywood actors, including John Rhys-Davies, Mark Hamill, Thomas F. Wilson and Malcolm McDowell.

They just looked really damn good for the time. I remember when I used to play Privateer all night long... Privateer was fun... it was a sandbox space simulator game back in 1993... a real work of art for back then. Heck, the original Wing Commander in 1990 was revolutionary, too.  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff