Reply Pokémon Defenders
Pokémon Pairings (revived) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Odango Usagi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:25 pm
Do you think I'll get kicked out for making another post like this? sweatdrop I know this happened to the Random Chatter thread...

Anyway, here is the thread where we are going to discuss Pokémon couples/shipping/etc. Why? Because I'm a hopeless romantic. ^^;

Rules (this thread will go to hell again if we didn't have them):

1. Just make a post stating what your favorite/least favorite couple in Pokémon is and why. You can make other statements about what pairings you like or dislike, as long as they follow the rest of the guidelines.

2. Shounen ai, Shoujo ai, and het are all perfectly acceptable here. biggrin We all must love one another. heart

3. Try to keep this thread clean. No hentai, yaoi, yuri, PWP, S&M, or any of that stuff (BTW, there is a difference between yaoi/yuri and shounen ai/shoujo ai. Shoujo ai and shounen ai are more romance-oriented, while yuri and yaoi are more sex-related.).

4. If there is a fan fic or a fan art of a pairing that you'd like to share, please give me the author's/artist's name, and either a link, or a post directly on this thread (though I'd prefer that you'd provide links to fics). If the fic/art is your own, be sure you're honest in saying so. Remember: stolen fanworks is auto-ban, just like the guild rules said. We want everyone to stay in this guild. smile

5. If you list a Shipper name, please name the characters involved (ex: Rocketshipping = James x Jessie, Pokéshipping = Ash x Misty, etc.).

6. NO BASHING!!! You can state your opinion, but there's no need to be rude. Bashing includes a whiny rant about why you hate something/someone, shrinking all good points, multiplying bad points by 100,000, and killing characters for your own sadistic purposes. Stating you dislike something and why is just that and not being a b***h about it.

7. NO FLAMES!!! Flaming is hostile and looks bad in the guild. We will give you bad stares if you flame someone. mad

With that said, let me tell you my favorite Pokémon couple. Mine is James/Kojirou x Jessie/Musashi. I think they are great for each other because they have lots in common, they spent most of their lives together, they hug a little too much for their own good, and... they just look so darned cute together! ^^ My least favorite couple is Jessiebelle/Rumika x James. James has never liked Jessibelle, and she is why he ran away from home in the first place. Any more and it will sound like I'm bashing. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:47 pm
Yay for Musashi/Kojiro! *waves M/K flag*  

Ginga

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:59 pm
Alright, let me see if I can do this without causing this thread to crash again sweatdrop

Character (Brock) specific pairings:

Gymshippy- BrockXMisty- This is the main hetero pairing I like with Brock. I'm not fond of Misty at all, but the fanfic for the pairing is soooo bloody cuuuuuuute, I can't help but like it. 3nodding Some of the best Gymshippy fics I've found is done by an author known as "Msytery Squeezit" on fanfiction.net. Check her out if you want to.

Brocketshippy-BrockXJames- This one is just cute. I dunno why, but they'd just SEEM to work well together :3 Though I perfer hetero, this is a nice pairing when I'm in a shounen ai mood.

Thirdwheelshippy-BrockXTracey- you wouldn't think a Brock nut like me would like pairing him up with Tracey, but, along with Brocketshippy, this pairing is cuuuuuuute. A friend of mine used to really support this pairing, and she rubbed off on me... sweatdrop

Now, my other favorites...

Eldershippy-Prof. OakXDelia/Mrs. Ketchum- This is more based around the old "Whose Ash's dad" mystery. Some people think it's Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, while I think it's alot more plausible that Prof. Oak is Ash's dad. Ever notice Delia and Oak are nearly always together? Personally, I think it's cute...

Imateshipping-AshXDuplica- Remember the greenhaired Girl with the Ditto? The one that called Ash "Ashy boy" all the time? Well, she's been paired up with Ash, and I think this is rather cute. I mostly like this shippy because it's *not* Pokeshippy. I'm not saying Pokeshippy is bad or anything, but I like to be different, and Pokeshippy is a bit too popular for my tastes, anyway.

That's about it, I'll add more if I feel like it...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:56 pm
Cassandra and Meowth! blaugh

If you dunno, Cassandra is the ONE human that Meowth falls in love with. She is in the episode THE PROBLEM WITH PARAS. 3nodding  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Odango Usagi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:11 pm
Cassandra and Meowth are just too kawaii... Why did she have to choose that Persian...? cry

I also enjoy Palletshipping (Gary/Shigeru x Ash/Satoshi), or ShiShishipping. I don't know why. I dislike both characters immensely. But they are just so darned cute as a couple! 4laugh I've read some really good fics about those two. And by "good" I mean the ones that don't bash Misty for her "getting in the way". Those baka heterophobic fangirls can't realize that men can still be gay or bi whether there is a girl around or not. And if Ash or Gary (or any other two characters) ever cheat on each other, I WILL KICK THEM RIGHT IN THE BALLS! scream (Sorry, but I'm a big believer in manogamy [except in the case of YGO, for my favorite threesome/triangle is Yami x Jou x Yugi].)

You might laugh at me for this, but I really, really like Pikachu/Pikachuu x Meowth/Nyaasu. sweatdrop They just look so adorable together! And whenever they end up stranded from their trainers or somehow end up alone together, they always end up being so nice to each other! They could make a kawaii couple, you know. I've read some really cute Krazyshippy fics, too. wink

I REFUSE TO DIE UNTIL JESSIE AND JAMES GET TOGETHER (in the anime; James confessed his love to Jessie in the last Pokémon manga by Toshihiro Ono.)!!!

...Maybe Rocketshipping has to do with why I like Wishshipping (Joey x Yugi) so much... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:14 pm
*raises hand* I have a question...

Just... what makes shounen-ai so appealing? I don't get it. sweatdrop  

Ginga

Odango Usagi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:28 pm
Ginga

I dont' know... sweatdrop Maybe it's because there are two really cute Gary-Stu-type guys who like each other. I don't get it either, but I was never the most logical person in the first place. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:31 pm
Odango Usagi
Ginga

I dont' know... sweatdrop Maybe it's because there are two really cute Gary-Stu-type guys who like each other. I don't get it either, but I was never the most logical person in the first place. ^^;

Oh. I just thought there was some magic secret since a lot of my friends are addicted to Fake and stuff like that... :\  

Ginga

Odango Usagi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:42 pm
Ginga
Odango Usagi
Ginga

Oh. I just thought there was some magic secret since a lot of my friends are addicted to Fake and stuff like that... :\
My friends and I really like Fake, too. I introduced it to them. blaugh But remember, I don't like shounen ai just because I'm some shallow fangirl who randomly pairs up two of my favorite male characters for some underage pr0n action, and bashes the crap out of the female character because I see her as someone who is "in the way"--just like seventy-five percent of the YGO fandom! gonk

Speaking of which, do any of you like crossover pairings? Um... my favorite Pokémon/YGO paring is (please don't laugh) James/Kojirou x Yami Yugi--even though I am totally against James being gay! I don't know why I like it! They probably wouldn't even get along! Maybe it's because they're so damned sexy! I even made up a shipper name for it: Sexyshipping. I'm even writing a fic about those two! And James is the seme (dominant)!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:17 pm
Here's some strange BrocketShippy... sweatdrop  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:10 am
*lol* Ahhh, crossover pairings... Man, I got a good LIST of them my friends and I have randomly made up.

The most promonient one if Jametashipping. Which is the pairing of James from Pokemon... and Vegeta from DBZ xd I have a friend that's OBSSESSED with this pairing, she's even made a site dedicated to it... though she's a Rocketshipper as well. *shurgs*

Then there's the one I made... Uranusshipping, which pairs up James and Haruka for Sailor Moon... Yes. I'm weird.

Hmm, what else... I'll think of something...

Anyway, the reason I like shonen ai is... probably that it IS cute to see guys get all snuggly and affectionate, and two guys getting like that is double the cute biggrin Especially Brock, but I'm bias.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:14 am
Fox Demon Shippo
Here's some strange BrocketShippy... sweatdrop

aaaahhh, I've seen that one before... James get's a "operation"...Poor Brock-kun X3

Trust me, I've seen some pretty wonky Pokemon fanart... not hentai or anything, but it's just... *weird*. Stuff like Shippo just posted.  

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Odango Usagi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:30 am
Meowth x Joey (YGO) = Brooklynshipping. xd Guess why I named it that! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:53 pm
Even though James is my favorite, I can't think of any pairings I'd really like with him. x.X

I'm thinking Brock x Ash. Even though Ash is annoying. But Brock takes caaaare of themmm. It's cute.

Yeah I don't know how any of this shippy business goes down. Forgive me. ._.;

Gabriel Laurel

Odango Usagi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:47 pm
Yeah, for some odd reason, I also like Pokéshipping, even though I don't like Ash. I really like Misty, though, and I think that they make such a cute couple. smile I don't think Misty needs Ash, but Ash needs Misty! xd And Brock x Ash is cute, too as long as there's no Misty-bashing involved.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff