Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
OMIGOSH I CAN TELL WHAT YOUR SAYING!?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:26 pm
So, i'm reeally glad sims speak simmish. If they spoke english, I think I wouldn't like TS2 very much. sweatdrop
But sometimes I can kinda understand what their saying or something like that..
Like sometimes when adult woman have something in their way they go "Aw, Oh Grammit. NAHOO!" So I just think "Aw, Oh Dangit, etc.

So, have you ever kinda knew what they were saying?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:12 pm
When i first got Sims 2 i kept trying to figure out what they were saying bu i've since given up.  

boo u suck

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Bara no Uta

6,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 pm
Occasionally I can guess. Like if they see somebody and say "Hi, how're you doing?" or something like that, or when the kids are playing Mary Mack.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:53 am
When my sims are doing the folk song interaction, I immediatly picked up on a part where they basically said (Because I can't remember the simlish) "We're gonna have a time!"

I giggled.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14 pm
And also, the college rock radio station (From one of the expansion packs, I think Uni?) I think they took real life songs and made them simmish! It's funny when you reconize them. x3  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:45 pm
I just know the word "mees do fah" (i think thats how its spelled)  

Rozen Black Chronicles

Onion_peeler99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:53 pm
Yeah once my Sim said, "Aw, Crem!", when she was upset. Translation: Aw, Crap!

-Onion mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:54 pm
Happy Tragedy
And also, the college rock radio station (From one of the expansion packs, I think Uni?) I think they took real life songs and made them simmish! It's funny when you reconize them. x3

Yeah, all the songs are real songs from every expansion pack.  

Onion_peeler99

Junhong Choi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:14 am
Yep, it's so funny when they say something Simlish and you recognize what they're saying. redface  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:06 am
Its kind of sad for me, one of the songs used in Freetime, I have on my ipod, so when the radio plays it, I can sing along in English, and I am now learning Simlish.  

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:39 pm
i just looking at the pics in the bubbles over their heads and then make something up about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:26 pm
I got the cheer for University down to pat.  

Marie Rouge

Gabriella Ellenor

Hallowed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:15 pm
Thanks Duke Von Schnozz for the sprites
User Image

~
On some occasions, I dont even have to look at the screen anymore to see what they are doing, I can tell by sound. xP
~
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:49 pm
I read something about the simlish, and how it's an entirely made up language that involves several other languages besides just English, so while we, who speak and understand English may be comparing some of the Simlish to English words, people who speak other languages are also comparing the simlish to their own language, or could very well be at least. I don't think we're supposed to try too hard to understand the simlish, as it should be pretty obvious by the thought bubbles, actions of the sims, and the occasional written words in our own language that pop up as to what's going on, but I too have heard several simlish things that sounded similar to something in English, such as when one of my teenagers was dancing and he actually said, "boogie oogie oogie", or something like that, and an old woman was emptying out the baby potty and she said something that sounded like it had the word "stank" in it.

And yeah, the songs on the sims, or most of them that I know of anyway, are real songs sung in simlish. I think I read that at least for some of them, if not all of them, they're actually sung in simlish by the band that sung the song in English, which also makes me wonder if there are different songs for different versions of TS2, but probably not...hm...  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 pm
Who knows, yes, thanks to They Might Be Giants, I am unintentionally learning simlish. I think the language is comprised of about 15 languages, though I do not remember what they all are.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff