Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
What? I want a contest!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:58 am
A lot of you have been breaking rules lately, demanding that we host a contest and/or donate to you specifically.
While that's rather rude and greedy of you, we can't.

Want to know why?

1. Mil-A-Day Giveaway handed out it's final million gold on August 31st, 2007. While we the crew have tried our hardest to come up with more gold to host more contests, it's become a difficult aspect as the market fluctuates every day, we have our personal lives, and not to mention, a good handful of members quit this guild after that final million was given out.

When we actually do have contests (and we do, just extremely scarce) we're usually pulling stuff out of our own inventories to go forth as the prize.

2. When Kevin (Peasant/Sinelo) bequeathed the position to Norayr, who then bequeathed the guild to Pailzor and I, we all knew it was going to be a huge difference. Between April-August 2007, Kevin and Manda (Ah! My Goddess) donated over 300 million gold to our winners. I'll be amazed if we can even make 1 million gold through vending and exchanging alone. We [The Crew] are not Kevin and Manda, we may rake in some gold, but it's not enough.

3. Several people (and despite the huge warning at the bottom of the guild home page) donate to the guild's bank. THAT CANNOT BE USED AS PRIZE MONEY. Currently, the Guild Bank's amount can only be used to make subforums, and there's no such way of extracting it. Those who have participated in the Ask the Admin threads every Monday in Gaia Community Discussion know that Lanzer has said the last two years that Gaia Guilds were going to be completely overhauled, as they still use the old code from 2005. While we can see that the staff HAS done work on the guilds, there is still no way to use the guild gold, and since the release of zOMG! and the American Recession, most of the updates seem to be to have been put on the back burner.

Donating to the guild isn't mandatory, but it'd be really appreciative so we can get you all to stop whining (yes, you do it and it gives us headaches), and finally host an awesome contest with an awesome prize that will help set in stone us trying to bring this guild back to what was once was one of the biggest giveaways in Gaia's history.

How do you do that?

SEND A TRADE TO BANGARANG`

DO NOT DONATE DIRECTLY TO THE GUILD, THE GOLD CANNOT BE USED OTHER THAN TO MAKE SUBFORUMS

`Tahirah was more than kind to give us one of her mules to use as our vendor|exchange mule, so we could at least try to earn some gold to host contests. Like I said before, it's hard to pull out our personal inventories to figure out a prize. I cannot stress enough that you send the donations to Bangarang` ONLY. Trades coming to the crew members will be DENIED as we don't want to mix MADG items with our inventories.

I also understand that Bangarang` is a mule and that mules are against the rules of the guild. She's an exception as she's our GUILD MULE. The reason we discourage mules from joining the guild was because so nobody could have a better chance at contests by using multiple accounts.
THIS RULE WILL STILL STAND.

It doesn't matter if you donate trash and bugs or low-end Monthly collectibles, any donation will make a HUGE difference.

||Game Items (Trash, zOMG! Material, Bugs, Flowers)
||Event Items (Holiday, Trunks, Giftboxes)
||Gold Shop Items
||Low-priced Cash Shop Items
||Gaia Gold (If possible)
||Monthly Collectibles
||Evolving Items
||Anything miscellaneous that isn't in the aformentioned.

I'm sure everyone wants a contest, and hopefully with your help, we can have another.

Please don't use this thread as an idle chit-chat thread. All idle chatter belongs in the MADG Chat thread.
Follow Gaia Terms of Service and the rules of this guild.

Consider this your warning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:52 pm
your completely right, people shouldn't be doing that, you are trying as hard as you can and they are still begging for money(gold) and prizes. It's insulting, isn't it? And people quit just because you weren't giving out gold anymore? That's just horrible! I will donate 5000 gold so I can help you stop those rude people from doing that. I'm sorry I don't have much gold to donate, I don't like it that I can't donate that much. I would donate more but I already promised my friend Flawers Dark Shadow that I would give her 20,000 gold once she gets her trading pass because her other account was hacked and if she tries to make another fortune like she hadon the same account it might get hacked again. I am very sorry, but I'm doing the best I can.

Your #1 caring member(I don't know if that's true or not, but, all well),

<3 Shadowingthedarkforest101 <3  

SociopathsStoleTheTardis

SociopathsStoleTheTardis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:55 pm
One thing I forgot to mention was I love this guild and I'm trying to make another guild like this to give away gold to gaians and I need members and donations... if you could help with mine that would be greatly appreciated but if you can't I can understand, you have a hard enough job trying to run this guild. Well, bye! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:11 pm
why did you not except my donation? Was it something I said? Do you not like me? 5000 gold is what I promised but here you are turning it down!!  

SociopathsStoleTheTardis

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:21 pm
It seems there was a problem with Bangarang` being able to recieve trades. Please try again.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:15 pm
um yea im new here and i kno that gaians in this guild shouldnt ask for funding just for them selves we should be doin somthing to make our guild better as a whole...  

Xx__iiLocoxCoco

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:14 am
Shadowingthedarkforest101
why did you not except my donation? Was it something I said? Do you not like me? 5000 gold is what I promised but here you are turning it down!!

Am I Bangarang`? neutral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:34 pm
umm how much should i donate out of 960?  

Xx__iiLocoxCoco

Cha Milli The Cris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:00 pm
sweet...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 am
You should personally do something about people whom whine about contests..., obviously they joined the guild just to get items/gold from it and I am sure this guild was not made to make other people rich, but to make new friends and whatnot.
People can be rather greedy sometimes nor now how to read. xP

winter rat

Alluminn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 am
misfit baby
You should personally do something about people whom whine about contests..., obviously they joined the guild just to get items/gold from it and I am sure this guild was not made to make other people rich, but to make new friends and whatnot.
People can be rather greedy sometimes nor now how to read. xP
User Image

Actually, the guild was originally made to make other people rich

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out