Reply 'Tendo Cult~
"The system files are corrupt"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Locke Trufeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:54 pm
... Just had that message pop up when we turned on the Wii.. ._.;;; Scared the crap out of me, because I was afraid I would have lost all my Saved Data. Brawl, Pokemon Ranch, who knows what other valuable data is on there. @_@

... When we turned it off and back on though, it turned on fine without any problem this time, so... it's a bit of a relief.. ._.;;; But I want to know what caused it, and whether if this is a sign of something bad.

Also, this topic hasn't been covered before, has it? I did a search on this before making this thread, but nothing really came up, so.. I'm under the assumption that it hasn't. >_>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:58 pm
That's how my Wii died.  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:11 pm
Waynebrizzle
That's how my Wii died.

MY WII IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:12 pm
Yikes. D= What did you do about it? I was reading the forums that came up on Google and it seems that I can get my files backed up at a Nintendo store and exchange for a new Wii or something.. o_o; .... I'm wondering if I should go pay a visit to New York sometime soon or something..  

Locke Trufeld

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:14 pm
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
That's how my Wii died.

MY WII IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!

*slap*

Locke: I honestly don't know anything about it, but I like to blame it on the internet channel. Again, I don't know if that's even what did it. Mine was dead though. Got a new Wii. I was lucky enough to have backed up some of my save files, but some games like to be little bitches and not let you copy your data, so I had to replay them.

What I do know is that you're lucky it's letting you turn it back on and you should back up your files ASAP and request a new Wii. Especially if your warranty's still good.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:18 pm
o.o
that happened to me last night.
my Wii is still fine though.
*gulp*  

Sazuka57

Locke Trufeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:20 pm
Backing them up seems like the best immediate action at the moment. I guess I'll do that after my little brother's done playing Bomberman Blast.

..... I don't even remember when the last time we used the Internet Channel was... ._. I'm wondering if the latest firmware update may have had something to do with it...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:22 pm
That may be it.

Who knows, maybe we got the same message for different reasons. If it's letting you turn on your Wii it's probably not the same problem as mine was anyway.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:39 pm
It would be a wise decision to back up everything just in case, anyway. Not just with your Wii, but computer also. You never know when things will go awry.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:58 pm
I haven't had my Wii do this, but that's how my GameCube memory card died. Luckily, it could be read from but not written to, so I only lost Pokemon XD (no copy/move option (and why the hell do they have to restrict both or neither?!)), Metroid Prime (which is how I found out you can't write to that card), and the two Zelda bonus discs (which read as corrupt off the new card when copied). Luckily I kept games like The Wind Waker, where I had collected all the figurines.

Also, I've had an error pop up like that in Rock Band 2 a lot lately. Luckily, the file's never been corrupt when I was trying to load, only when I was trying to save, so I was always able to overwrite it and not lose data.  

GuruGuru214

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:49 am
if you got one of the earlier Wiis. it could be faulty systems parts, mainly the HD or data storage part. i've never had the problem but if anything thats where the problem is.

back up files.
check and see if your under warrenty
make nintendo fix it.
have Wii sent back and love it long time.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:33 pm
Well, I backed up all I can onto my SD Card. Saved up a few memory space on it too, while I was at it. =O

Anyway, is there a way to find out whether if I'm under warranty? I don't think I bought any additional warranty from Best Buy where I got it, in... January 22nd, 2007. I did register my Wii on Nintendo.com then... but that only gives me a year of warranty, right? ._. I should look on their site and see if I can find out somehow..

Locke Trufeld

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:21 pm
I backed up most of my save data on a good old SD card.

I once got this weird Wiimail from Nintendo saying something about system corruption, data loss, and memory damage, but I couldn't understand most of it because it was in Japanese. I think it told me to update my Wii or something. Anyway, I have had no problems so far.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:56 pm
My Wii almost died too...when it saw how awesome I was at it mrgreen  

Hatoshi Watanabe VI

Rargon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 pm
That's the Wii's Message To You Saying: STOP FILLIN' ME WITH CRAP!!  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games