Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Majora's Mask is a scary game. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:16 pm
Seriously. That Happy Mask Salesman traumatized me as a little kid! That look he gives you when you piss him off...Mommy. Oh, and the face on the moon! Jesus effing Christ! His constant stare warrants a trip to the psyche ward. And let's not forget about the hand in the ground who craves paper. Made me weary of toilets! Dancing scarecrow dances to the tune of your demise! And the aliens that attack the ranch be scarier then the ones in Aliens! The movie, that is...But the scariest thing that inhabits Majora's Mask is...TINGLE! GAAAAH! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Can any one else think of stuff that still haunts you from Majora's Mask?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:22 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
Oh, and the face on the moon! Jesus effing Christ! His constant stare warrants a trip to the psyche ward.

User Image
Does that make it better or worse?

The Deku, Goron, and Zora Masks are essentially made by killing someone else. Darmani was a ghost and Mikau was almost dead anyway, but it's still kind of creepy if you think about it.

Also, the Great Fairies. And the ReDeads. And the Gibdos. Heck, Ikana Valley as a whole was pretty creepy, although it's also a really neat area.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:07 pm
Zephyrkitty

The Deku, Goron, and Zora Masks are essentially made by killing someone else. Darmani was a ghost and Mikau was almost dead anyway, but it's still kind of creepy if you think about it.
Deku form was a curse put on you by Skull Kid. So you don't really kill anyone...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Much as I wanted to just post that, I also don't want to double post for this one.

dragn99
Zephyrkitty

Deku form was a curse put on you by Skull Kid. So you don't really kill anyone...

Actually, the generally accepted (from what I've seen) theory is that the Deku Mask is created from the spirit of the Deku Butler's son, and that the Skull Kid transformed him into a gnarled tree and cursed you with his form.  

GuruGuru214

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:38 pm
dragn99
Zephyrkitty

The tree.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:43 pm
Zephyrkitty
dragn99
Zephyrkitty

The tree.
o.O
The tree was peoplez!?

Damn.
Frick...  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:48 pm
dragn99
Zephyrkitty
dragn99
Zephyrkitty

The tree.
o.O
The tree was peoplez!?

Damn.
Frick...

Between the one Deku that you race saying that you remind him of his son and the ending cutscene where he's at the weird Deku-looking tree, I've always figured that was the case.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 am
The only things in any Zelda game that really scared me were ReDeads. neutral  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:51 am
-Zephyrotica-
This. THOSE THINGS WILL RAPE THE ******** LIFE OUTA YA! scream

Although one kinda creepy bit that I've encountered so far is the bit in the first dungeon where you're about to walk down a very dark corridor, and the fairy stops you to say that the corridor is filled with evil or something like that... Then BAM! These dark mysterious enemies with glowing eyes jump out at you from the darkness! You never really see their true form, only their glowing eyes...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:05 am
@Zephyrkitty: Better ha ha!

How could I forget about the Great fairies and ReDeads?

The ending of Majora's Mask, the part when the Butler locates his dead son, was for me the saddest part in any Zelda game ever...Even sadder then both Navi and Midna leaving Link combined!

Another scary thing I just thought of are the skulluta kids in the spider house.  

King of Paradise

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:23 am
Super Cheesio
-Zephyrotica-
This. THOSE THINGS WILL RAPE THE ******** LIFE OUTA YA! scream

Although one kinda creepy bit that I've encountered so far is the bit in the first dungeon where you're about to walk down a very dark corridor, and the fairy stops you to say that the corridor is filled with evil or something like that... Then BAM! These dark mysterious enemies with glowing eyes jump out at you from the darkness! You never really see their true form, only their glowing eyes...
Sure you do. They're little black balls of fuzz. All you have to do is turn the lights on without killing them all. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 am
What scared me was when you get turned into a deku. All of the deku guys around you at once then a big one shows up.

This wasn't exactly scary just I don't know annoying. The skullkids scream when he orders the moon to attack. Try listening to that when you have the volume almost at max.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

MrSeanPatrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am
Probably the form of Majoras mask that he runs around with his long creepy legs. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 am
The way you transform when you put the deku, zora, and goron masks on without pressing start to skip through it...truly dreadful. >.<  

Sazuka57

Michi is a cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 pm
I only just started playing it on Project 64, but now, I don't feel like it anymore...

Thanks for the warnings anyway, saves me another month of sleepless nights.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff