Reply 21+
4 my boss...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dafthank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:51 am
Sorry, this is all just mindless random venting, but I need an outlet...

Last night I get a call from my nightclub general manager that my direct boss was let go from the company.

This woman was by far the absolute best manager that I have ever had in any job, let alone the best manager in the company. She ruled with an iron fist and expected no less than perfection from us. If there was a problem, she would talk to me like I was a human being rather than being condescending and callous. She was also the woman that hand picked me over 200 experienced nightclub applications and the entire restaurant/lounge team, promoted me from the restaurant to the nightclub, and spent almost 3 weeks fighting with nightclub managers, restaurant managers, and owners for my sake to have me work there. She gave me my opportunity to be something better, and left it up to me to prove myself.

It just feels weird. Above anything else at work, I was loyal to her, and now she's gone. It angers me that they would get rid of amazing managers that know what they're doing and have their head on straight, but that they keep incompetent ones that treat others like garbage, spend more time flirting with employees than with customers, and in general don't care about their employees' well being. I hate how the world works like this. However, all I can do is work as hard as I can, because that's why I got picked in the first place.

Sorry to take up forum space, but I feel better now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:38 pm
Glad to hear you're feeling better. 3nodding

I agree with you on all of that; I had a similar supervisor/boss that was let go and was much like the superior you are referencing. I will never understand it either. Sadly. sweatdrop

Best of luck to you and your future, though. heart

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:27 pm
That sucks Hank! Do you have any way of contacting her? I bet it would really mean the world to her if you let her know how much she'll be missed!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:49 am
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! I've been in a similar situation - my manager talked me into not leaving the company, then that afternoon he was made redundant (ie the Big Boss fired him becuase he was a threat. I guess that's what happens when you're too good at your job and the staff like you!). It wasn't long until other people started leaving - of their own choice.
I hope things don't go down-hill for you at work, Dafthank.  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Dafthank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:53 am
Doressa
That sucks Hank! Do you have any way of contacting her? I bet it would really mean the world to her if you let her know how much she'll be missed!

I did, actually. What's scary is that she told me in her text to "be careful." Not really sure what that means, but in the language of scooby doo, that means there's foul play afoot.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:54 am
Dafthank
Doressa

I did, actually. What's scary is that she told me in her text to "be careful." Not really sure what that means, but in the language of scooby doo, that means there's foul play afoot.

Oh no! It sounds like there is more to come! I really hope that you're not "in scope" for what ever it is to follow.  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:25 pm
Dafthank
Doressa

I'll be crossing my fingers for you...  
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff