Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
**NOTICES** Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Good idea.
  Bad idea. ABORT!
  I have no opinion.
View Results

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:21 pm
This is an experiment! In a bit I will make it a sticky.

So, we're all writers, we have to be, yes? And we're also all readers--'cause we have to be. Whole point of the guild=posting our stuff and reading other people's stuff. But quite often, we don't have a clue what's out there, who's updated what, or what progress others are making. We never talk about this kind of stuff in other threads!

So what i wanted to do is make this the place where you brag to everyone about what you're working on, convince us to read it, and tell us when it's updated. Mostly to inform us of updates! We would also like to hear about your progress on the next chapter, how far you've gotten in that novel you won't let us see yet, etc., so your readers will know what's up!

So you guys can feel free to tell us all about your progress on what you're working on and stuff, and let us know what's been updated in the past week or so. Since the guild is in a current-economic-crisis-type recession right now, this can be the place where regular readers show up to find out what's new!

Post away--just remember to keep it brief. (Most people only have the attention span for one medium-sized paragraph plot summary, for example). Let us experiment!

This message has been brough to you by The Managing Body of Infinite Possibilities.
Approved by Vice Captain Tak-Jak. xd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:59 pm
EXAMPLE (I guess):

Recently I added chapter 28 of 4000 breaths, which is in the works and progress section and is a novel about a cute preadolescent boy whose dad is abusive, but is saved from inevitable psychotic breakdown by becoming friends with a very strange little girl. Good times and shenanigans follow, as well as insight and drama! It's one of my favorites of mine because the characters have become so real to me, and it's one of the first I've written seriously that happens in real life! The town he lives in even exists, somewhere. It's long, but a good read!

I am also moving the Orphan's Code rewrite (now titled Excerpt) to Works in Progress--eventually. And only if this idea works. It's good too! (trust me--I'm a harsh critic). A rewrite of my first novel, with action and adventure and swords and lots of romance!

And I wrote a short story (title: A scary story) about this nightmare I had once.

There!  

KirbyVictorious

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Right here? I think this is a good idea, though I do have updates in the thread title for mine.

Okays. *ahem*

Aithine Chronicles (working title)

Two old drafts can be found here.
Status: Up to chapter SIX posted. 80 pages. Currently being edited and expanded.
Summary: Romance/Fantasy. Ser is an ill-girl psychic with a terrible secret, who was drawn to the amnesiac Lucian when he moved next door. Neither of them know of a prophecy and a destiny that will destroy and shape their lives for the rest of eternity.

My other works are in planning stages, though you can read drafts here(Aura, basically a twist on Rapunzel), here(Sage, which I plan on turning into a mystery comedy), and here(Prequel excerpt).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 pm
TOLD you guys it was a good idea! ^^ Yay!

I has the writer's block on The Orphan's Code. but 4000 breaths is coming along all right! EXCITING STUFF IS HAPPENING. TELL YOU LATER.

Course I think its exciting, but I'm mean. it's also dramatic and very heart-tugging!  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:04 pm
I know you know it, but you're right, this is a good idea.

I know I don't have any stories, but if I start on one, I'll make sure to put an update. xP;;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:17 pm
YEAHHH

EDIT: just updated 4000 breaths with the newest chapter! I forget which it is.  

KirbyVictorious

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:01 am
This thread has waffles' stamp of approval.

-stamp-

Although, Tak's stamp of approval was quite enough...I just had to add in my own. Teehee.

I am currently too busy to write much of anything that isn't a school paper. : (
And even if I did write it I probably couldn't get on gaia to post it, thanks to the war that goes on between my school's internet and gaia. One month and I'll be home and you will get tired of seeing me, I'll be here so much.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 am
We never get tired of you Waffles! especially since you're so elusive. XD

"We should pursue happiness! ...that elusive b*****d!"

><

I'm glad you approve! I like my idea. I WANT IT TO LIVE!!! Though we'll have to poke it to make it live in more than hibernation mode. I think the guild is a bit dead.

I has the writer's block. but i'm happier than I've been in awhile so I don't care!  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:53 pm
I've always wanted to start on something big, maybe I'll try over the summer... ><

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:08 pm
Do it!!!!!!

I don't remember if anyone here was a fan of Ametris. I really don't. But I'm REWRITING IT! It's on the main page. I have like thirty pages? and it's turning out SO FRIGGIN WELL.

I won't have time to write for a week or so D: but I am trying! and it is going really, REALLY well you should read it!  

KirbyVictorious

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Well, I'm working on streamlining and expanding Aithine. So, here's to that. I've got the first *new* chapter up. It used to be the prologue. Don't let it fool you; it may look the same but things have been added and erased a good bit. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:08 pm
cool stuff! I'm envious of your editing/rewriting skillz. With me it's like, I think it's okay, but then I get a whole different kidn of story stuck in my head and I have to write it all down and it turns into an epic rewrite. Wooo.

Ser, you should read the orphan's code. it's on the main page under Excerpt/ (I should move it)  

KirbyVictorious

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:11 pm
I shall! Uh... But which should I read first? Code or Ametris?  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:09 pm
User Image

I've posted up a story in the Works-in-Progress section. It's titled "First Love Syndrome". It's kind of a series of short stories. I'm not planning on turning it into a book or anything, but if I finish it, I would like to get it published and give it to the person it's meant for.

It's a fictional story based on true events. The scenes are fictional, but the feelings, the "I" character, and the "him" character are real. The "I" is me, obviously, and the "him" will remain anonymous. Anyway, check it out.

User Image  

iSummon

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:53 am
the new Ametris, on the main page. It's like forty pages. And then orphan's code. fo sho.

Pretty cool Summon! I always loved books like that. I shall read it...eventually. X.x  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff