Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Whats your opinion?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:15 am

I have a guild member who entered himself into his own avatar contest, and he won a prize. Should this be allowed? I think it's unfair for the people who WOULD have won had he not entered into his own contest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:46 am
Depends on how fair the voting was.

I don't see any problems with it but I would hope he'd have the decency to give up part of his reward.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:17 pm
I never accept prizes for contests that I start and enter- just to get the ball rolling on the contest, so to speak. If the voting was done by the guild membership and he won, fine, but if he was the judge- nope- not at all kosher!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:23 am
It depends on how the judging takes place. You might want to privately ask the participating members what they feel about it.

I think you should have written clear rules in your guild about hosting contests to prevent such a thing from even happening.  

shall she sail seas

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:40 pm
At best it's bad mannered. If he was open and clear about the possibility from the beginning, and he had no stake in the voting, and the contest was free to join, it's tactless but not unfair. He hasn't taken anything from the members or failed to deliver anything he promised.

If he was not upfront about it, though, and he had a role in the judging, and especially if he accepted entry fees from the other entrants, then in effect he has accepted payment for organising a bogus contest. That can be reported as a scam.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:40 am

Thanks for the answers guys. This topic can be locked now.

Ezra-tan

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff