Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:08 pm
Does anyone know where all the Easter Eggs are in the DVD? I've tryed and can't find any of them!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:53 am
i couldnt find the easer eggs without clicking the improbilty drive button.  

BriarMorganRose

Treat Spirit

8,050 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Bookworm 100

AzureBlueStarr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:04 am
the movie sucks and you should not waist oyur time on that piece of filth....if you realy want to see it in a film vertion check out the older one the BBC aired in the 70's  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:46 pm
AzureBlueStarr
the movie sucks and you should not waist oyur time on that piece of filth....if you realy want to see it in a film vertion check out the older one the BBC aired in the 70's

if I may.
every single time it changed mediums, it changed something about it. dialouge, plot even, whatever. point is, sometimes it changed a little bit, sometimes it changed a lot. this new movie fits perfectly with that trend, not to mention the screenplay was actually written by douglas adams himself.
the entire history of hitchhikers guide has been one of contradictions. it tends to regrow in different ways and contradict a lot of itself in doing so. the film was fine, maybe it wasn't up to the seventies standards, but the point is, there really isn't anything wrong with it. I for one hope there is more where that came from.  

mcm

Appoggiatura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:43 am
AzureBlueStarr

Could you kindly explain why you don't like it? Plus, the TV show aired in 1981...close, but no cigar.

The only way you can get to the easter eggs is via the Improbability button, and i only know of the one.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:53 am
The mini-series was so close to the book you could practically read along with it. And the actors/characters seemed like they jumped right out the pages of the books.
The main thing wrong with the movie(to me) was the actors. For example, Ford Prefect. He picked the totally wrong name and clothes to blend in, so it was his efforts to blend in which made him stick out. Perfect irony! The actor from the movie would never have been your typical small village Englishman.
Also, many of my favorite lines were gone. The scene with the foreman of the bulldozing crew was nowhere near as effective the way the dialogue was written in the movie.
I admit I have to watch the movie again, because I only saw it once, and I spent most of it comparing the movie to the mini-series. Didn't mean to, but couldn't seem to stop myself. Hopefully I'll like the new novie better the second time around, but it will never be anything more to me than a remake.  

evabh

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games