Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Skillet Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all Skillet fans, new and long time! Come join the fun! It never ends! 

Tags: Skillet, Christian, Rock, Band, Music 

Reply Other Bands
Family Force 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Member?
  Soul Glow Activatur
  Crouton
  Fatty
  Chap Stique
  Nadaddy
View Results

ZombieKaiju
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:29 am
User Image

User Image

Family force five is a Christian based band, focusing on a fun way for teens to worship & a musical environment. The music does not consist of any profanity under any circumstances. The three leading members of the band, Soul Glow Activatur, Phatty and Crouton, are sons of Jerome Olds, a Christian artist from the late 1980s. Prior to the formation of Family Force 5, the brothers were members of a "boy band" known as The Brothers, releasing Fact and Reality (1994) and RPM (1995). Both albums were released on Star Song Records, and produced by their father.

Between the Brothers and Family Force 5 the brothers had a band called Ground Noise, which they classified as "a really bad version of Third Day." Before the band chose the name Family Force 5, they had taken on the name "The Phamily". They had to change it later due to copyright issues with Princs's band, The Family.

A decade later, the band signed with Maverick Records for distribution to the mainstream market before signing to Gotee Records for the Christian market. The band sought out a dual recording deal in order to better distribute their music to both the mainstream market and the Christian market. According to Soul Glow Activatur, "To me, and pretty much anybody that's under my age, most Christian music is a turnoff. I don't want to be affiliated with that. I want to be affiliated with something that is great music. I feel that Maverick and Gotee together can pull that off."

Their debut album has been both disparaged and praised by Christian and non-Christian critics respectively for not containing overtly Christian content in any of its tracks (with the exception of "Peachy", which was apparently written to convert a friend to Christianity and calls God by name). However, the band often does talk about singing for Jesus during their shows and occasionally one of the members (usually Phatty) leads a prayer at the end of the set.

Family Force 5 contributed the song "Mind's Eye" for the compilation album Freaked! A Gotee Tribute to dc Talk's "Jesus Freak". For Christmas, Family Force 5 released a few Christmas-themed audio blogs. They've also recorded "Grandma", a cover of Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. In March 2007, their debut album was re-released as Business Up Front, Party In The Back: Diamond Edition, which contains three previously unreleased songs. A new unreleased song entitled "Whatcha Gonna Do With It" has been made available for download exclusively at the Wal-Mart music download store as an EP titled Business Up Front/Party In The Back (Diamond Edition) (Exclusive EP). This song will also be made available on a new compilation produced by Gotee Records labeled Hip Hope 2008.

I have recently become addicted to Family Force 5 after watching the Radiator music video, and bought Dance or Die. They are amazing, and i cannot wait for the day I finally get to see them in concert.

Family Force 5's Sites :

Myspace - www.myspace.com/familyforce5

Online Store - http://store.ff5online.com/home.php  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 am
*~My dude let me listen to them and their techno sound was really nice. There was one song talking about taking my heart and leave me a piece or something like that. I loved that song. I wish I knew the title of it so I could download it~*

Foo Bear

ZombieKaiju
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm
Foo Bear
*~My dude let me listen to them and their techno sound was really nice. There was one song talking about taking my heart and leave me a piece or something like that. I loved that song. I wish I knew the title of it so I could download it~*

It's called "Share it With Me"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm
Oh yeah, theres my band. heart
FF5 freak here. ;D

Their shows are awesome.

Vaeltaja

purple_lover02

2,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:52 pm
FF5,
i love 'em. If you have seen the Luv Addict music video please tell me what you think about it. Kountry Gentelmen (sp?) is a good song too. What is your favorite FF5 song?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:13 pm
skilletlover77
FF5,
i love 'em. If you have seen the Luv Addict music video please tell me what you think about it. Kountry Gentelmen (sp?) is a good song too. What is your favorite FF5 song?

I love you to death is my favorite FF5 song  

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Other Bands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash