Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Upshot - Want/Need some actual conversation? <---Go this way.
Abortion Statistics... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wow so many dead babies
  :(
View Results

xXDEAD GIRLXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:00 am
Abortion Statistics - World

In 54 countries (61% of the world population) abortions are legal.
In 97 countries (39% of the world population) abortions are illegal.
There are approximately 46 million abortions conducted eacy year, 20 million of them obtained illegally.
There are approximately 126,000 abortions conducted each day.
Abortion Statistics - U.S.

Approximately 1,370,000 abortions occur annually in the U.S. according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute. Click here to see the approximate number of abortions in the U.S. per year from 1973-1996. In 2001, 1.31 million abortions took place.
88% of abortions occur during the first 6 to 12 weeks of pregnancy.
60% of abortions are performed on women who already have one or more children.
47% of abortions are performed on women who have already had one or more abortions.
43% of women will have had at least one abortion by the time they are 45 years old (this statistic includes miscarriages in the term "abortion").  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:01 am
Annilhilation
Abortion Statistics - World

In 54 countries (61% of the world population) abortions are legal.
In 97 countries (39% of the world population) abortions are illegal.
There are approximately 46 million abortions conducted eacy year, 20 million of them obtained illegally.
There are approximately 126,000 abortions conducted each day.
Abortion Statistics - U.S.

Approximately 1,370,000 abortions occur annually in the U.S. according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute. Click here to see the approximate number of abortions in the U.S. per year from 1973-1996. In 2001, 1.31 million abortions took place.
88% of abortions occur during the first 6 to 12 weeks of pregnancy.
60% of abortions are performed on women who already have one or more children.
47% of abortions are performed on women who have already had one or more abortions.
43% of women will have had at least one abortion by the time they are 45 years old (this statistic includes miscarriages in the term "abortion").

CORRECTION...their not "babies" when their killed in case someone was gunna yell at me smile  

xXDEAD GIRLXx

Tsunamimom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:51 pm
Interesting - so even in the countries where abortion is legal, people still choose the illegal route.

I'm more of a prevention type gal myself, but wouldn't want to hinder anyone elses choice in the matter.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:09 pm
hmmm... this is a change of topic for this guild... but I guess it's good to get new things in here. anyway in my opinion its better to abort then to have a neglected child. to avoid this people should use more protection.... how hard is it to put a condom on before?  

Red_knightm

Lyra Voice of Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:56 pm
O.o  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:35 pm
While I don't believe in abortion as a form of birth control, I do think that abortion should be legal. What is she was raped? What if she couldn't physically support the baby?  

riffinton

Valoheart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:36 pm
I dont think people should be able to tell you what to do with your body!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:20 am
if the grl did it on her own will, but didnt want to be pregant...well, her own **** fault then! i say, srry, ur choice, and slam a door in her face...did u hear bout the 13 year old that got pregant and her parents took a refusing hospital to court cause they wouldnt abbort her? STUPID, STUPID PPL....I HATE STUPID PPL!!!!  

blue_moon_hanyou_13

Kj the Neko
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:39 pm
If They Wont Take Care Of It In The Womb Who Knows How Long It Would Last After Its Born.

Anyways I Think That It Is The Parents Choice From Bed To Trash or Crib I Sertainly Wouldnt Want A Child But Im Smart Enough To Know If I Want To Have Sex
[Witch I Havent Done Nor Plan To at Mey Curent Age] and Not Get Myself Nocked Up Ill Either Use Protection Or Not Have Sex At All-->Best Answer =|  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:47 pm
Kj the Neko
If They Wont Take Care Of It In The Womb Who Knows How Long It Would Last After Its Born.

Anyways I Think That It Is The Parents Choice From Bed To Trash or Crib I Sertainly Wouldnt Want A Child But Im Smart Enough To Know If I Want To Have Sex
[Witch I Havent Done Nor Plan To at Mey Curent Age] and Not Get Myself Nocked Up Ill Either Use Protection Or Not Have Sex At All-->Best Answer =|
That's a good answer. A girl at my school last year in 8th grade got pregnant she was a whore anyway, and she had an abortion, she denies it, but we saw how big her belly was getting.  

Red_knightm

yiilee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:56 pm
i dunno...
abortion seems cruel to teh baby who didn't get a chance to live life,
but then some women can't physically support teh baby (said by riffinton)...
so yea... i dunno neutral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:20 pm
its should be aloud  

IchigoxSora

red_hair_chick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:32 pm
if the girl is raped, then she should have an abortion. if they weren't and were just carless, i say they should have to have the kid. that way they learn from their mistakes. they should have used birth control in the first place, if they had, they wouldn't have been in that position in the first place. maybe going through the 9 months of pregnency and labor will teach them not to have unprotected sex until they're ready to take responblity for the new life they have made.

Don't the kids have to have a parent's permission before they can have an abortion?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:39 pm
I would just let them do as they wish.
But u only get 1 abortion that way it isn't a form of birth control which was said by someone else.  

The REAL Tatsumi

YuroKai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:14 pm
Ok... this is my opinion, so don't yell at me.

Abortion is the worst, cruelest kind of assasination. It kills an innocent, defenseless creature who's got no fault of her mother's bussiness.
Some of you may think that there should be an abortion if the mother gets raped or just can't take care of the child. I say not. That's what foster parents are for. And birth control? Pfffth. Why using abortion as birth control? Isn't it better to try and educate people about preventions, so they don't get pregnant in the first place? There's always a solution, other than just killing the poor thing.

But then again, that's just my opinion. Flame as you wish now.

The Upshot - Want/Need some actual conversation? <---Go this way.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games