Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Small work rant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hiro Toshirou

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:05 pm
Ok I know some of you people here probably also work retail, so you can relate to what I am feeling about the two things I have to rant about.

First.
I work in a store which sells uniforms, awards and that included small and cheaply priced items such as pins, slides, patches and other such items. The one thing that pisses me off more then anything in the world is someone who comes up to buy a nine dollar scarf and three dollar slide and pays with an effing ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL, sending me into a frenzy looking for $20's and $10's in all the other tills to make change. I am tempted to hand the bill back to them and tell them "No, I will not take this large bill for this small item JUST to feed your need to impress other by handing over large bills and pretending you are someone important". You know what, if you want to impress someone, TIP the clerk a $20 and THEN I will be impressed.

Second.
JUST BECAUSE AN ITEM DOSE NOT RING UP DOSE NOT MEAN IT IS FREE. The thing that grated on my nerves even more then uncontrolled children and $100 losers is people who laugh it up and say "must be free" when it dose not ring up. NO, IT IS NOT. It just means that the barcode is not in the system yet and that I will have to put it into the system later. More work for me......yay evil

I guess if you cant tell, I just got home from work when I wrote this rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:38 am
I only worked retail when I was younger. And it was a place where things were usually pretty expensive so I never had to worry about scrambling for smaller bills.

Why don't you just post a sign saying that you don't accept any bills higher then say 50$?

---

Also, who drew your sig pic? It is very cute biggrin  

00Shoe
Captain

Barakiel9909

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:33 am
I apologize, my mum does the 'it must be free' joke all the time...you want for I to smack her next time she does? =P

And for the record, I apologize to the clerk whenever I hand them a twenty to pay for anything less than 15 dollars or so... >.<

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:55 am
I save the teller trouble, I only pay with my debit card :p  

00Shoe
Captain

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out