Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
...Hey, guys, I'm back.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:54 pm
I want to write out an apology, an explanation, and what I've been doing all this time.

First the apology:

I promised myself I would be active in this place, even if most (if not all) of the other guilds I was a member of weren't very active. I know it's not really my place to... uh, be 'forgiven' of sorts, and rather obviously my activity would have been noticed -everywhere- as a general decline, eventually leading into 0 activity (especially over the past two months).

The explanation: This year was my first year at university. I received my first term marks back and they were the most horrible marks I have seen in my life. 3 Fs and a D. I panicked, and cut time off of everywhere because I wanted to pass university.

As a result, I limited myself. I had projects, tests, assignments, exams, and a whole lot of other things to get through before I was done my first year. I attempted to rally and pass.

What I have been doing: During all this time, my workplace has offered me no relief. I would work anywhere from 2 to 4 full shifts per week, equivalent to 32 hours, on top of the 60 I was putting into university to get a pass.

In addition to that, I have realized that Business Administration isn't right for me. As a kid (through until grade 10) I liked math. When grade 11 hit, I started getting to the point where I disliked it, and that continued through grade 12. I received a 66 in Calculus 120 in Grade 12. The problem was, I was too proud of my math skills to admit that I didn't like it. I only liked basic math, not the crazy things that people wanted me to accomplish with regards to calculus, irrationals and otherwise.

I am at a crossroads. I do not think I will be returning to university (on the basis regardless of whether I pass or fail, I won't like what I do). If anything, I will be attending cooking school some time in the near future (at Humber, the closest cooking school), and getting my first aid as well as my advanced food safety course.

While I might not like the Business Administration program (this isn't to say that I might find a college program that will teach me more hands-on... that is what my main problem is...), my goal is to become a Manager of either a bowling alley or a restaurant. And no, not McDonald's or any place like that. Casual, or fine-dining restaurant, either in the financial sector or the kitchen manager sector. As for the bowling alley, I would be a cashier of sorts as well as a repairman.

Sincerely,

-Neo (Chris)  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:02 pm
Welcome back! Don't worry about not being so active... We'll still be here when you do find your way back to us. xd Course, we always like having you here better, but real life should always take priority.

Seems like we're getting a lot of old faces returning recently... Hope it's a trend!  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:57 pm
lol. I don't even know you since I'm still relatively new to the guild, but welcome back! And to echo Memory, no sweat. Real life is always more important.

And you're thinking of going to Humber? eek Are you in Toronto as well? I'm taking a coastal navigation course there right now.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:16 am
No, I live on the East coast. New Brunswick. I'm a cook already here, but I'd like to get into more of the 'chef' type stuff. Either that, or more of the business side.

To Memorydragon: Nice to be back and see people I recognize. Although I must admit, my Avatar hasn't changed since November or so, whereas everyone else's has!  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:39 pm
That's cool. Kinda reminds me of my cousin who at first wanted to be a chef because he liked eating good food. He travelled in the opposite direction though, and went on to major in business management. His reason was "Why should I cook when I could make people cook for me?" I guess your passions are different. lol

Good luck! Have you looked at Fanshawe College in London? I know they have some sort of cooking program but no clue how good it is.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Okaeri!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 am
mamarita
Okaeri!

I hate to sound rude, but what does that mean?  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 pm
I am doing business administration as well but BLAH. While I want to manage a business (not my own) as well, its just... so horrible and boring DX So yeah.

And college IS tough ; ; *pats* I think you should stay though ; ; You can really make a lot more with a degree. Perhaps you should just stick to taking your general education classes until you figure out what you really wanna do?  

churrlo

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff