Submit

Nostalgic Mitten

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:47 pm
It seems that everywhere I turn these days I get a face full of how Nintendo has sold out, too gimicky, poor graphics, poor third party game developers (Truth), prints money xD etc.
Xboxers and Ps people rant on about how superior 'there' console is to the wii. It really just gets to a point that I really wish they would get their head out of their arse..
I really don't think there is a big compatition when we look at this generation on consoles, they are all balanced.. (God don't get me started on yatzee..)

Spoons;
Do you think Nintendo is just in it for the money?
Nintendo has no more hardcore gamers?
What do you do when people start ranting on about Wii and ds?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:51 pm
Hating Nintendo is cool. It's what the hipsters do.  

Waynebrizzle

Nostalgic Mitten

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:54 pm
Waynebrizzle

Word to your mother.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Nintendo is a business, of course they are in it for the money, that is what businesses do, I don;t believe that is the only motive though.

The games may not all be FPSs, Racing, and Sports titles, but they are hardcore enough for me.

I ignore them. They can like other consoles, so long as the industry continues who cares who is buying?  

Owwin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:10 pm
Nostalgic Mitten
Waynebrizzle

Word to your mother.

SAY WHAAAAT  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:12 pm
needs moar zelda  

Allegro

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm
Honestly, much as I hate that it happens, I can really see where they're coming from. Hell, just look at storage alone. They have huge hard drives and we get half a gig of internal memory and an SD card solution that only works in certain conditions?

Really what it boils down to is that each console has its own strengths and appeals to a different sort of gamer. Hell, look at Metroid Prime 3. You will never see a shooter experience like that on the other consoles, but some people still just prefer their Halo. On a personal level, what it boils down to is that there's very few games that appeal to me on the PS3 or either Xbox (however, I need a damn PS2), while Nintendo has a lot of games that I love.

Not a whole lot of new ones lately, but they're slowly realizing that mistake...

Unfortunately, while there's few games on the other consoles I want, I do want some of them, which will eventually be a hurt both to my rabid Nintendo loyalty and my broke-a** gamer wallet. I'm leaning toward a 360 because it's cheaper and I could play online with my cousin, but I'm guessing a Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on the PS3 and I'll be kicking myself. And as much as I don't want a PSP in my house, there's Birth by Sleep...

I guess what that wall of text boils down to is that it's just in our nature to defend the things we like as the superior product, but holding extreme loyalty to one side only severely limits your options in the long run, though I get the feeling that it wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue if not for the nagging fact that few of us can afford more than one console...  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 pm
That's just how the gaming industry is and has been for about ten years.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Nostalgic Mitten

Familiar Noob

8,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 pm
Everyone has extremly valid points. =]
Haha thats true that the gaming industry has always been like this (Genisis does what nintendon't!) I guess sometimes it gets to me.
I have a Wii and 360 but effectively I have only been really into Bioshock and Team fortress and lately I have been just refinishing all my zelda games on my Wii (Also waiting for platinum)

(I though I was going to get flamed)

To Waynebrizzle: b***h YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID!!!!!
xP

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 am
http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26616131/wii-hd-set-for-2011-launch.html.

I read about this the other day, and I can't believe I missed it for so many months, in my opinion, I think this is all a big business plan. Lose all the hardcore gamers, and get the new, casual ones. Then drop the original Wii, and bring a new one, WITH the new gamers, AND the old, hardcore gamers.  

Demon0fMists

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:51 am
Fixed

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26616131/wii-hd-set-for-2011-launch.html  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:22 am
The third party support for Nintendo isn't as strong as it could be, but that's because Nintendo pops out more of their own games than Sony or Microsoft does. Nintendo may be targeting casual gamers, like your mom. OH SNAP. But that's the point, they're fighting the good fight. They're boosting their sales which allows them to grow and gives us more 'HARDCORE' games. Plus, the plight of spreading the love of video games throughout the world no matter your age or gender, that's the dream. I still think the DS had awesome third party support. If the Wii's not hardcore enough for anyone, the DS will fix those needs.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 am
I personally like Nintendo best. It has the games that I like to play: easy platformers, kickass RPG's, Super Smash Bros series...which is the only fighting game i know how to play. xP;

Besdies, complain all they want--unlike the PS and Xbox, the Nintendo is for pure gaming; no saving music on there or playing DVD's and other stuff. I personally like it better that way because when i wanna listen to music, i do it on an mp3 player. also, videogames > regular tv/movies.

Besides Nintendo lets casual gamers, aka my parents, play games and look cool in front of me, my siblings, and my friends. Anyone wants to take them on in Mario Party? =P  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 am
Sazuka57
I personally like Nintendo best. It has the games that I like to play: easy platformers, kickass RPG's, Super Smash Bros series...which is the only fighting game i know how to play. xP;

Besdies, complain all they want--unlike the PS and Xbox, the Nintendo is for pure gaming; no saving music on there or playing DVD's and other stuff. I personally like it better that way because when i wanna listen to music, i do it on an mp3 player. also, videogames > regular tv/movies.

Besides Nintendo lets casual gamers, aka my parents, play games and look cool in front of me, my siblings, and my friends. Anyone wants to take them on in Mario Party? =P

Except for the DSi. >_> With the music parts of it and the built in camera, that pretty much makes your point moot. As for DVD's, I don't own a DVD player, I watch DVD's on my 360. It's a useful function.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:38 am
No good 3rd party releases? Um... Well there's de Blob, Little King's Story, Okami, and tons more.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff