Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
"Guilds: Now Way Better!" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:06 pm
Just thought I'd draw this to the attention of anyone who hasn't already seen it on the home page. whee

User Image

I love the Gaia way of expressing things. heart

And props to the art and graphics gurus, both for another great pic of Leon and for keeping the old Registry scene around. ^^

Anyone have any thoughts on the banner? Besides the fact 'ridiculous' and 'awesome' are far from mutually exclusive, the thought that comes to mind is: a bit early?

I assume the banner is there to herald the new Guilds landing page, which is of course ridiculously awesome. And there have been some highly praise-worthy additions to Guilds recently, like tags and descriptions. These changes have been long-requested and awaited, and were not developed over night, and should not be undermined.

But in the Guild world, these are still relatively small, aren't they? For the average guild member, once they have actually navigated to their guild (perhaps via the awesome new landing page), the experience is still largely unchanged since before the updates started.

It's thanks to the diversity of guilds created by users, not the updates, that you can "Find guilds for every topic imaginable." That's increasingly true, but nothing new.

So the banner seems either hyperbolic or premature.

It may be part of the drive to build the GGN's traffic quickly, to actually justify the updates.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 pm
WindowOpener
It may be part of the drive to build the GGN's traffic quickly, to actually justify the updates.

In my world, that's probably the reason I would post such a thing. rofl I do agree with you that the new landing page is awesomeness though. Maybe it's a little premature, but I'm still under the opinion that they're giving us more spot light... which means we guilds will see more activity (hopefully).  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:13 pm
Yes, it blurs the line ever further between announcements and advertisements. whee  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:11 pm
Ah, let it be blurred. It's not like we haven't been forgotten for long enough anyway. I'm loving this sudden attention. xd  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:38 am
But they're not better yet ...

Only the landing page and search options have changed ... Sorry, but to me that doesn't make it 'way better'.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:00 am
"Guilds: Getting Better at a Gradual but Sustainable Rate" would have lacked fluency.

Not that this would normally stop Gaia from using it. I'd imagine it would just hit quite close to home.  

WindowOpener

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:32 am
WindowOpener
"Guilds: Getting Better at a Gradual but Sustainable Rate" would have lacked fluency.

Not that this would normally stop Gaia from using it. I'd imagine it would just hit quite close to home.

I'm relatively certain not only the Gaians would revolt at that, but I think the developers would too. And I understood it perfectly fine. rofl

So, what's supposed to happen to guilds? Easier to search for them?  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:33 am
WindowOpener

But what they have now is somewhat ... untrue.

The Guilds AREN'T better, they're just easier to find.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:51 pm
...I see.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:26 pm
The banner is hilarious in one way and the message is a focus point to make the users read a bit. Now I guess that their real objective was to advertice the guilds searcher than other thing as the apparence of the new guilds or the improvements they are making things that as Mr. Window opener said are going to come gradualy. In mayor I love the improvements the dev are making.  

Tantooden

Sweet Glitch

Zef

Fluffy Trash

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:12 pm

I love the banner. Leon looks like a dwarf! xd
I kind of liked that they made it go on the home page.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:50 am
SDLeon looks even more like Captain Steiner ... XD  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Colinflower

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:33 pm
Hmmm...

Personally I take in to consideration other aspects of these updates. I have to admit this is a rather large step further. It isn't all about the external face lifts of the GGN. They have squashed a lot of bugs might I point out which deserves recognition, too. I honestly, at this point, believe it is safe to say the Developers are playing it safe with how they go about updating guilds and what is priority. That is just what I think.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:02 am
When we get the big things we have been asking for in the guilds, then it will be way better but not until then- like mass pms and using treasury for other than subforums- and being able to mass delete a forum!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Triangular Dice

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 am
First of all...HI WINDOWOPENER<3
And I really do love the Leon picture. HE looks younger to me o-o  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]