Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IkaruTiger

550 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:29 pm
I survived music theory and now it is finally over!!! Woot Woot. I think I will write a piece with all parallel fifths to annoy my old prefessor.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:40 pm
I survived my first year of theory. rofl I had a problem with parallel fifths too. xd  

`Kel`
Captain

Cat.on.the.Hill

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:56 am
IkaruTiger
I survived music theory and now it is finally over!!! Woot Woot. I think I will write a piece with all parallel fifths to annoy my old prefessor.

rofl  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:03 am
Noooooo!!! Don't you know that every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten??? Don't do it! Think of the kittens!

I once wrote an excerpt in my first year of music theory and, not paying close attention, wrote 3 ninths in a row instead of the 10ths I intended.....XD  

Ryoukai

6,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

IkaruTiger

550 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 am
Ha ha ha nice. Well I like bach, but I am much prefer the impressionistic ideals of Debussy and Chopin. They didn't even really bother with chords, they just wrote the music that would give the impression of their subject.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:26 pm
Ryoukai
Noooooo!!! Don't you know that every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten??? Don't do it! Think of the kittens!

ROFL I love that. Im sharing it in theory class.  

`Kel`
Captain

Confutatis Maledictus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:52 am
`Kel`
Ryoukai

ROFL I love that. Im sharing it in theory class.

Lol I joined a group on facebook that uses that as it's namesake. x] my friends think i'm crazy but...i just point the finger at bach the kitten slayer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am
Parallel Fifth aren't that bad they just are a bit to dominating. Tho if you want an even more "intresting" way to annoy your professor write it using only augmented parallel 12ths!  

Lord Eydvar

neofreek

Dapper Puppy

10,900 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 pm
I just wanted to say that this is the first forum that I have looked at in this guild and I now realize just how nerdy I am. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:00 pm
Ryoukai
I once wrote an excerpt in my first year of music theory and, not paying close attention, wrote 3 ninths in a row instead of the 10ths I intended.....XD

Oh geez, how did you not hear that when you played through it? >.< Or did you not play through it? *tsk tsk* razz

Lord Eydvar
Parallel Fifth aren't that bad they just are a bit to dominating. Tho if you want an even more "intresting" way to annoy your professor write it using only augmented parallel 12ths!

NOOOO, Parallel tritones are even worse. Oh geez. xD

You guys are TERRIBLE harmony students! Bach would have kicked you all out of his classes razz  

sstrunks5555

IkaruTiger

550 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:37 am
There is more to theory than Bach, just ask Debussy.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:28 pm
At my college Music Theory is 4 semesters long.

I'm done with all 4 semesters! Yay! But some of that stuff learned in Music Theory IV was insane. I mean, people using matrixes to write music? Crazy.  

Everlasting Radiance

Cat.on.the.Hill

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 pm
I've survived 2 semesters of theory so far and i'm in Theory III now. I have to admit that now it's getting a little tricky.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:22 pm
ugh barely survived music theory. Do not like!  

crimson_violin2313

contrapunctus maximus

Aged Genius

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:18 pm
I always liked theory, actually -- took AP in high school, then had the second year of it in college. Last year my teaching gig (as grad students we teach most years) was for beginning musicianship. It was really interesting to be on the other side of the theory/musicianship learning process and see what worked and what didn't. I also realized how great my own training had been in comparison with what some of my students had already had.  
College Music Chat

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff