Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
~Unusual Character Discussion~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:18 pm

Some of our newer members have expressed an interest in playing characters that are not human, or even humanoid, but are instead perhaps animals or mechanical constructs. This thread is for asking questions about such creatures; I can discuss them with you comfortably here, and make sure that your idea fits in with Aura Academy, and you understand any special restrictions your character might have if they are an unusual race.

One benefit - if you are playing an unusual character such as this, you're very likely to get put in the Races section of the library under your own heading.

~Belfiar Le'Minz, Headmaster  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 pm
Uh you go first a bit confused of what to do.  

Magick Nate

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:22 pm
Alright then 3nodding

Why don't you start by describing to me in as much detail as possible what your creature is like; if you have a picture that would be helpful as well. whee

Then we can talk about such things as:

How is your creature powered?
Can he talk? How?
Can he use his paws as hands?
Does he have an owner, or is he independent?
Is he a student at Aura Academy, or part of the Academy?  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:25 pm
He looks like a great dane made of iron, he has a monacle and has two X shapes on each side of his torso(they hold him together) he carries a cane, he also has a smoke pipe.(uh should I keep going with the rest of the stuff? Because I was expecting you to pick whats next)  

Magick Nate

Magick Nate

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 pm
He can talk he has a voice box
He is powered by a electric core in his chest(powers self up by plugging self in wall plugs)
Yes he uses his front paws as hands his bottem paws as feet
His owner died
He is a adventurese teacher  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 pm
Okay, now I have a pretty good idea of what you're getting at. One more question, tho (I'm afraid I won't see the answer 'til tomorrow). Does he walk on two legs or four? You mentioned he carries a cane, which seems very out of character. Hmm...  

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Magick Nate

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:01 pm
He is an antomorphic steam punk dog, he walks on two legs.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:37 pm
User Image
Ah, I see. Well, Nate, I am afraid that I don't think I'll be allowing fully "robotic" races in the roleplays - I've seen that encourage godmodding before, and I'd like to keep it fairly down-to-earth. I am sorry - did you have any other ideas?

Also, my apologies about the long delay. I've finally gotten a new computer - delight! Delight! whee

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Magick Nate

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:56 pm
Er a rusty old steam punk dog says its unkillable....?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:33 pm
User Image
See, there are a few things that I don't want in Aura Academy - for personal reasons, and because they really don't fit in with the world of Prometheus:

1) Robots, most particularly intelligent ones. So Automail from FMA is acceptable, C-threepio is not.
2) Vampires
3) Demons

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Magick Nate

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:42 pm
I can think of something else how about half Robot half Reptile humoniod?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:54 pm
User Image
That would possibly be acceptable...I'd have to think about that. You and I would need to come up with some information on a background for your character's race, and you would have to create a reasonable backstory explaining why your character was partially mechanical. (and I would prefer you used mechanical instead of robot, the latter has negative connotations to me User Image)

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Magick Nate

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:58 pm
Sorry I'm very presistent and I use with what I can spell, you want me to send you a background of how he is a mecanical Crocidle humanoid?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 pm
User Image
Yes, basically. Best to do that via PM. Then I can make suggestions or changes privately, without embarrassing or offending you User Image

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Abaddon Magnus

Raider

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:46 pm
Race suggestion!

Auto-Breed or "The Automation"- Though generally characterized with any "modified" race, the Auto-Breed are typically human who in some way or another have reverted their former organic body matter (Ex. Limbs) in view for mechanical appendages. These are usually from the loss of other organs come in various forms. Auto-Breed are usually seen with new hands or feet but some cases go frightfully extreme with mechanical lungs and other "mock-able" internal organs.

Those who've reverted nearly every fabric of their bodies into machines are called "The Automation". These mechanical fanatics have deeply divulged themselves into a zealous organization of "purity" through "Steel and Spirit".

They are attributed to multiple cults which spring everywhere in the City because of this nearly all Auto-Breed are stereotyped as cultists or dangerous.

Yes I double post since I be confused where to post this info o_o Sorry.

Aura Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff