Reply Tattoos
How long to wait for touch up?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:14 pm
how long should i wait until i go in for a touch up? since if the tat LOOKS healed i know it probably truely isn't 100%. so is a month too soon? 2 months? what is the 100% safe zone?  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:49 am
I usually hear of people going at least 6 months after D:
But, I'm not sure.

Cayliin

Lance Castle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:35 pm
I went for touch ups exactly one month after, but it was just some minor stuff, nothing big like full on coloring or redoing lines.

What kind of touch ups are you looking to do?  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:29 pm
i would suggest 6 months unless its for minor stuff like lance said  

Acidman

4,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:41 pm
Well... I've been getting serial sessions on my sleeve and I just go in once the scabbing is all gone. Usually about 2 - 3 weeks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 pm
It seems like it would depend on the type of touch-up you're looking to have done. If it's for something small, like Lance said, then maybe only a month or two after you got the tattoo done. But if you're working on completing a large tattoo and you're required to come in to the shop a few times to get it done, then you probably would only have to wait a few weeks.

If you're worried that the color will fade or won't be as vibrant, that probably won't happen for some time after the tattoo has had a long time to heal anyway. Some of my tattoos require more frequent touch-ups while I also have a few that haven't required any since I got them done years ago. I think in that case it could also depend on location of the tattoo, as well as what quality the ink was that the artist used.

Zombina Corpse
Captain

Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces