Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
OKLAHOMA - DON'T TREAD ON ME !

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Twizzle Dizzle Red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Twizzle Dizzle Red

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:28 pm
Here is how my state takes charge:

An update from Oklahoma.

The state law passed today, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...!

Guess what..........We did it anyway.

We recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from, unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what..........we did it anyway..

Yesterday we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional.

Guess what........We did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. That, for your information, makes Oklahoma and Texas the only states to do so. Guess what.........More states are likely to follow. Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, both Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, just to name a few. Should Mississippi act, so will Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again.

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the Kennedy's and Ms Pelosi.

By the way, Obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....who cares...were doing it anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:53 pm
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this got tried once before. Didn't turn out too well back then to my recollection. I'd give you guys the benefit of the doubt, except this time there's high-tech aircraft and tanks that an RPG can't crack. Downside for me, one of my clients is based in the south, and I'm pretty sure for the duration of hostilities I would be legally prevented from shipping her merchandise. Upside, we can level the stadium the Carolina Hurricanes play in. That should knock them out of the playoffs.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

James628

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:37 pm
Lily Starr
Here is how my state takes charge:

An update from Oklahoma.

The state law passed today, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...!

We recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from, unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what..........we did it anyway..

Yesterday we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional.

Guess what........We did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. That, for your information, makes Oklahoma and Texas the only states to do so. Guess what.........More states are likely to follow. Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, both Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, just to name a few. Should Mississippi act, so will Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again.

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the Kennedy's and Ms Pelosi.

By the way, Obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....who cares...were doing it anyway.
My Own stae representitave Brandon creighton was the guy that got the ball rolling in texas with HCR50 a sovergnty under the 10th amendment bill  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:13 pm
Nice james ! LOL and btw I have my "apples" ready.  

Twizzle Dizzle Red

Lexille

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 pm
saying "the south will rise again" is ok as long as were not based off the original principles of the old south (main point is slavery/ racism)

but i get your point...

i hope KY follows suit, all i know is that its currently in House...  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:21 pm
Lily Starr

A sovereign state huh? Meaning it's not part of the union anymore? Because so far as I'm concerned this matter was solved under a case in the supreme court hundreds of years ago when a New England state decided to print it's own money despite federal law. So, let's say perhaps federal government legalizes gay marriage, Oklahoma will still have to follow! So saving your confederate money is worthless (other than the historical value that could be used to make money.) The chances that a state will become legally defined as Sovereign is highly unlikely. They may put that in their constitution, but the federal one carries a more legitimate one. I'm sure in the case that this does happen it wouldn't be long before another civil war. But, chances are it won't! The cases you stated aren't legal, nor illegal, so it's up for the state to decide. The ACLU is an unofficial organization, with no legal control... and just because Pelosi says something does not mean it goes. Pelosi has almost no power to do anything that would restrict what you said, unless a legal act was passed to prevent Utah from doing so!  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
Twizzle Dizzle Red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Twizzle Dizzle Red

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:53 am
It means we are asserting our states 10th amendment rights, which gives the power to the people of our state and not to the federal government. It basically is telling the Feds to mind their own damned business and get the hell out of ours. Which is exactly the way it should be. Since when does the federal government have the right to come to our state and tell us how to run our schools and our businesses? They don't and we are just making sure they stay in their place. So far we are winning and right now we have the best economy in the U.S. We still have jobs available, our housing industry did not fall flat and is still selling, ect. Things really have not interrupted our lives here because we keep on top of things. And as far as I know, now 35 states have done the same thing we are doing. and Slavery was abolished. No they won't go that route, but we do help a lot when it comes to knowing just what belongs to the people. (this includes blacks and other minorities). Just look at what Montana has recently accomplished for their own people. We cannot allow the feds to get into the private sector in any way. If you give up your rights and your liberties, then you shall neither and deserve even less.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:46 pm
States do individually have variances on the way they are run which may help/hurt them. Michigan has had labor union power for some time now, and East Michigan was completely wiped, West Michigan is doing a tad better (worst economy.) However, the assertion does not mean you are going to be less hassled by the federal government... each state still has their 10th amendment. This is just a way of "sticking it to the man" per say.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items