Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Pelosi's trapped! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Twizzle Dizzle Red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Twizzle Dizzle Red

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 pm
Caught in her own lies and web of deciept now she is trying to hang on to her career. Stupid liberal.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:27 pm
nice. I laughed out loud when she tried to defend the stimulus bill that was being passed a few months back. "We...uh... need to... uh.. pass this bill... because if we...uh... don't, then 50 billion people will lose their jobs..." XD I laughed SO FRIGGEN HARD I almost shat myself... There isn't even 50 billion people in the United States...  

Lysander the silent

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Twisted_Lover21

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:21 am
Ok...now I can't stop laughing......Pelosi seriously screwed up......50 billion people?.....Is there even that much people in North America?  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 pm
There's an old story from the Civil War. After the battle of Fredricksburg a union soldier was patrolling one side of a river, a confederate soldier the other. The union soldier had a cup of coffee, which was unavailable in the south due to a union blockade. The confederate soldier had a pipe filled with tobacco, unavailable in the north due to a confederate embargo. The two soldiers met at a river crossing and agreed to share a bit. While doing so the union soldier asked "do you fellas over there have a lame horse?"
"What are you fixing to trade for a lame horse?" the confederate asked.
"General Burnside."
". . . nah I think we'll keep the horse."

Nancy Pelosi has one thing going for her as far as we are concerned, she's the most inept leader the Democrats have fielded in over a generation. I say let her stay on as Speaker. The real danger isn't that Nancy Pelosi, a discredited liar, stays Speaker, but that she's ousted at our insistence and the Democrats replace her with someone who knows what she's doing. Given our greatly reduced numbers in Washington, that would be a disaster. Weaken her? Sure. Defend the credibility of our fine men and women in the CIA? Absolutely. Force her out and risk a competent Democrat taking the reins? Please don't.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Twisted_Lover21

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 am
Heck yeah.......GET PELOSI OUT!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 am
Okay Loco, I'll bite. Why? What's accomplished for us as Republicans by forcing Pelosi out?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:08 pm
She's not going to stay in her cushy Speaker of the House job for long. At this rate, a Republican victory in 2010 is innement.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:25 pm
That's an interesting prediction on that stareyed. I'd like to see how you see the numbers panning out on that.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:00 pm
Quote:
she's the most inept leader the Democrats have fielded in over a generation. I say let her stay on as Speaker.

Well, that's arrogant of you, isn't it? Just because she's a woman she's "inept?" Did you think Sarah Palin was inept too? Nancy Pelosi should stay on, and not because she's "inept," but because the CIA are liars, always have been, always will be, and she called them out on it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:17 pm
Quote:
Just because she's a woman she's "inept?" Did you think Sarah Palin was inept too?

Yes. Not because she was a woman, but because she was a blustering moron. The only reason McCain put her on the ticket was because it caused all the conservatives to blow a wad in their pants. But that's beside the point.

Quote:
but because the CIA are liars, always have been, always will be, and she called them out on it.

The CIA's job is to lie. They're in the national security business. Telling the truth compromises security. However, the matters she accused them of lying about involve a briefing where everyone seems to have a different recollection of it than Ms. Pelosi. That tells me she's lying. My point is that, as Republicans, we do ourselves a disservice booting her. She's boffed this one really big by attacking an agency charged with American security. Our response should be to pin her in this compromised position and render her toothless as a Speaker. That enhances our position. Keeping her around is not a reward, it is a tactic.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:55 am
Lord Bitememan
That's an interesting prediction on that stareyed. I'd like to see how you see the numbers panning out on that.

It's just a gut feeling I have. Honestly, I don't know the statistics of how the votes will pan out. Who do you think I am? Alice Cullen?  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:58 am
K. I have some numbers you might want to consider in this case, because I DO examine the numbers on this stuff. The Democrats have a 79 seat advantage in the House. That means we would need to flip 40 seats to regain the House. Simply put, unless Obama boffs the economy into a new Great Depression, is caught lying and covering up illegal actions in the White House, or fails a major legislative overhual of a huge sector at the same time he witnesses a major military defeat somewhere, those numbers aren't going to happen. The three instances I mentioned are the only historical precedents where 40 or more House seats flipped in a midterm, the first instance applying to Hoover, the second to Nixon, and the last to Clinton. Obama is playing things very tightly right now, and with the incredible majorities he has in Congress it's unlikely he'll flub a piece of legislation. That leases us having to capture an unprecedented number of seats with a president not throwing us any bones here and a party which is not willing to run candidates anymore who could win in vast electoral grounds where we have been kicked out. Simply put, gains are possible, but we're not going to retake the majority. We have way too many problems to solve within the party first.

As to the Senate, Republicans have 2 thresholds to shoot for, filibuster and majority. The first is attainable, the second is not. This Senate class is already Republican heavy and we're already on the defensive in it. We need to defend Florida (which, thanks to Charlie Christ, we've got a shot), Brownback is quitting in Kansas, Murkowski could face a very tough fight in Alaska (which has already put 1 Democratic Senator in office), McCain could be a major target in Arizona where the GOP is starting to lose a lot of ground, Kit Bond, Jim Bunning, David Vitter and Richard Burr all could face major challenges as well. Now, on the vulnerabilities on the Democrats side, Dodd has shown some softness in the polls, and Blanche Lincoln in Arkansas could be a target. After that you have a ton of northern and northeastern seats that the Republican party just can't compete in anymore. Even with Specter in PA, the Quinnipiac poll done on that shows that Specter crushes Pat Toomey. There's still some x-factor out in the west, with Salazar's seat out in Colorado, and Reid in Nevada, but that's 4 total vulnerable Dems at best, against 6 for the Republicans. We will be lucky to walk out without losses. We will be incredibly lucky to walk out with gains.

Now, if you can point to numbers which contradict the ones I've presented you, I'm open to the argument that we've got a snowballs chance in hell of winning a majority.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Latopazora

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:56 pm
I'm a bit torn about whether or not Pelosi should stay in... she's too close to the Presidency and having something like that with as much as power she has... not good for the states. But... she is ruining it for the democrates due to her arrogance. If she is let to keep her place, she'll continue to believe she is untouchable and continue to keep making the dems look bad, also it'll show how doublestandard the dems are. While we may think that'll help make the people see the dems for who they are... I don't think a lot of the American people are that intuned. More people can tell you the names of famous celebraties and what about them. But I'm pretty sure a lot of them do not know how Pelosi is. For awhile, people still believed the Republicans had a majority in Congress during Bush's last two years- which was not true.
By keeping her in there, we're trusting the people will see what's really going on and who the dems really are. I'm not that trusting. It would probably be best to get her out of there, people aren't going to pay attention anyway. Democrate or Republican, we need someone who knows what they're doing.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:56 am
Quote:
she's too close to the Presidency and having something like that with as much as power she has

I have two words that answer that concern; Joe Biden. Basically, if Obama goes you're going to need a slew of deaths before anybody of quality is in line for the job. So, the best bet for right now is just doing everything we can to make sure Obama survives the presidency. Now, in 4 years I say Obama drops Biden for Mark Warner of Virginia.

Quote:
But... she is ruining it for the democrates due to her arrogance. If she is let to keep her place, she'll continue to believe she is untouchable and continue to keep making the dems look bad, also it'll show how doublestandard the dems are.

Precisely. There's no better way to let a side fail then to just get out of their way and let them screw up. The dems screwing up is going to be no small part of a Republican formula to a comeback. There's other issues, but the public has given them a chance. Like it or not, that's what they've done. So, the more we impede them having a go at it on their own the more we draw the ire of the public.

Quote:
I don't think a lot of the American people are that intuned. More people can tell you the names of famous celebraties and what about them. But I'm pretty sure a lot of them do not know how Pelosi is

You'd be surprised. Most people couldn't have told you who Tom Delay was, till there was an ethics scandal. The public doesn't pay attention to business as usual, but they will absolutely drop everything they're doing to listen to someone's failings.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

gamerguy121

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:16 pm
loco se veyoi
Ok...now I can't stop laughing......Pelosi seriously screwed up......50 billion people?.....Is there even that much people in North America?

I'll give you a hint. The world population is around 6 billion.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff