Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Spiderwick Chronicles [movie]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  magicgold
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:35 am
I read the books when they first came out, and I always worry about movies based on books I like. But this one turned out really well. surprised They managed to replicate the feel of the original stories and stick close to the plot details. Woo! Of course, being a 90-minute movie, they had to compress it and take out a few things and rearrange a few things, but it still felt like a faithful retelling, staying true to the intent of the books. My biggest complaint is that they had Arthur Spiderwick kidnapped by sylphs instead of elves, eliminating the dialogue scene between the Grace kids and the elves that was in the books. I can't figure out why they decided to do that, except that they wanted time to include the new, and unnecessary, flight scene with the pet griffin that was never in the books. But one complaint out of a whole movie based on a favorite book series is pretty good for me. whee If you like fairy tale stories about kids learning that the magical world is real and dangerous, you'll like this movie. It's cute, slightly creepy in places, and exciting. Whether you've read the books or not, I think you'll enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:00 pm
I do not like it just because it's short ^.^  

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas