Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply Wheel of Time Discussion
Cover for THE GATHERING STORM Released

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the cover for THE GATHERING STORM?
  Yes
  No
  Indifferent
View Results

Master Wheel of Time
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:43 am
User Image

The Gathering Storm cover.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:49 am
User Image
Quote:
My thoughts? I like it a lot better than the sketch that was floating around. I like how he covered the stump of the arm with the cloth; I was wondering how that would be painted without looking very strange. It's also very odd to see my name beneath Mr. Jordan's in front of a Darrell Sweet cover. I wonder if that will ever NOT feel strange.

Dragonmount has this posted too; I assume there will be a lively discussion there, if you're looking to talk to other fans about it.

User Image  

Master Wheel of Time
Crew

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:51 am
I think the cover is okay but I think Rand could have been done a little better. I like how they covered Rand's left arm though.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm
I really like it. I can't wait for it to come out.  

Zombie Mark

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:14 pm
Whoever that is in the background coulda been drawn better, seeing as how I can't recognize 'em. And I'm not too worried about Rand, he looks different on every damn cover. Perrin looks like Rambo in one of 'em... Great hunt, was it? I'm not sure.
And it looks like Rand's on drugs- I would know, I get like that sometimes. xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:41 pm
I've been trying to figure out who she is as well. I've been thinking since the cover was revieled, "Who did Rand take with him to meet those people again?"  

Zombie Mark

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:07 pm
Maybe it's Min with her hair grown out?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:59 pm
I don't think so. It's been awhile, but doesn't Min have dark brown hair?  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 am
Maybe it's yet another female whose clothes he will describe in no less than two pages?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm
Just thought I'd share this after I saw it.

wotmania.com

The Gathering Storm to be released Tuesday, October 27th

Jason over at Dragonmount just passed along the news that the release date for THE GATHERING STORM, book twelve of The Wheel of Time, has been brought forward:

"Tor Books announced today that the release date for THE GATHERING STORM has been moved up a week. The new on-sale date for the book in the U.S. (and probably everywhere else) is:

Tuesday, OCTOBER 27th

We have confirmed that the unabridged audio book will be available in the U.S. on the release day as well. Previously, we confirmed that the book would be available in the U.K. and Australia on Nov 3. With this new release date, it is highly likely that it will be available on Oct 27th as well. "

Thanks to Jason for passing this along.

Zombie Mark

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:32 am
Not sure if anyone else has heard of this or not, but I'm posting it just in case.

Click the following link to read the first chapter from The Gathering Storm.
Read it here.
To read it, you must be a member of the TOR website, but it's free to sign up if your not. Just passing along the information.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:34 pm
Ok. here's some more news that you've maybe/maybe not have heard, but here it is anyway.

The book titles for books 13 and 14 of the Wheel of Time have been announced by TOR and Brandon Sanderson.

13 book title: TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT
WoT 14 title: A MEMORY OF LIGHT

I think it's cool the MoL will still be the final book, but what does everyone think about Towers of Midnight?

Got these off of Brandon Sanderson's and dragonmount's twitter pages.  

Zombie Mark

Collarchain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:47 pm
i like the name. it fits because of the ancient symbol for Aes Sedai.  
Wheel of Time Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games