Zombina's First Flesh Pull / Tug-O-War! {IMG Heavy}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:54 am
Hey everyone! I'm such a ditz, I totally forgot to post anything about this sooner, but on Saturday I participated in a flesh pull during a suspension show that some of my friends from Art & Soul Piercing & Tattoos of Kalamazoo, Michigan and the PEND Suspension Team of Grand Rapids, Michigan hosted along with live music from local metal bands.
It was so amazing and so much fun! I would definitely like to do another pull in the future.

Anyway! Onto the pictures!
At first, I thought it would just be Kat and I doing a flesh pull, but when I got there, she informed me that two other guys would be doing a flesh pull as well, and would eventually be hooked up with us so we would be doing a four-way tug-o-war together! Crazy!

User Image
Prepping! The girl next to me is Kat, my tattoo artist at Art & Soul. She's the one who initially got me involved with the suspension show because she was trying to find some volunteers for the flesh pull and I said I'd love to help her and everyone else out.

User Image
Aww, we're twins!

User Image

User Image
I like this picture a lot. X3

User Image
Needed a bit of help from my friend, Jordon to stay in place and keep from slipping on all the spilled beer that was on the ground in front of the stage.
I couldn't believe how stretchy my skin was when I saw these pictures! It was getting pretty ******** intense.

User Image
Done and feeling great!
Don't mind Amanda's silly face. This is a bad picture of her~ T__T;

For anyone wondering, like I said, the overall experience was just fantastic. I can't even really describe what it was like. Getting the piercings didn't hurt as badly as I had expected. It felt kind of weird getting a piercing in my back, and it just felt like an uncomfortable type of pressure for only a second. When we got connected by the ropes to start the pulling, I started getting ready for it by leaning forward and pulling a bit, and once we got started, it hurt a pretty decent amount, but after about a minute or two, my body filled with endorphins and adrenaline and it was like I didn't feel anything, and was able to push myself and my body further than I normally would have been able to.

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 am
Looks like so much fun *is jealous* 4laugh

Annihilation Sky

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:36 am
Thank you! Yes, it was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again. I'm seriously thinking about doing an actual suspension sometime soon too.
The PEND Suspension Team will be performing again, along with a ton of other bands, for a three-day music festival at the end of June. I'm going to see if they need volunteers to do a flesh pull again. ^__^

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 pm
Looks like you had a lot of fun. =D I haven't done a pulling, I dunno if there's anyone I know yet that I'd like to do one with...

How did your back feel the next day? Hahahaha  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Omfg, sore as all get out. I woke up during the night and tried moving around a bit to get comfortable and fall back asleep, and when I did, I could barely move because my back was so sore. x___x
It's great now, though. :3
I want to do another flesh pull in the future, but I also want to do a suspension too. I think I'd probably just like to start with a four point back suspension.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:04 pm
Yeah suicide suspensions are easier in general. I found knees to be the easiest but I think it would be scarier to try that as a first suspension.

I want to do another 2pt suspension this summer, maaaybe. lol  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Lance Castle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:56 am
You're crazy Zombina, thats what i love about you!
Its amazing what your body can do when you're in a situation like that isnt it? Im not stranger to adrenaline rushes although Ive never done anything like that before. Im just spooked I weight too much and my skin would tear or something lol sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:13 am
Hoshit,
that must have been an amazing experience. :3
I've always wanted to try it out,
it's just that I really haven't been in events where it would be possible. :/

Tiamhaidh

Extreme & Ritual Modification

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items