Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
One-Man Hide and Seek

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:53 am
I found this information this week. I thought it might interest the folks of the Occult Research Society. This topic has garnered my interest and I have decided to make it my summer leisure research project. I am submitting this information to see what your thoughts are on the matter.

***WARNING, I AM IN NO WAY, TELLING ANYONE TO DO THIS RITUAL. TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THIS PROCESS WOULD BE TO YOUR OWN RISK***

Source: http://sayainunderworld.blogspot.com/2008/09/one-man-hide-and-seek.html

The One-Man Hide And Seek
Introduction:

The one-man hide and seek, aka the one-man tag, is a ritual for contacting the dead.

The spirits which are wandering restless on the earth are always looking for bodies to possess. In this ritual you summon such a spirit by offering it a doll instead of a human body.

Warning: If you have psychic abilities you may feel unwell or be prone to accidents during the ritual.

Things you need:

+ A Stuffed Doll with limbs
+ Some Rice (enough to stuff the doll full)
+ A Needle and a Crimson Thread
+ A Sharp-Edged Tool (such as a Knife, a Glass Shard, or Scissors)
+ A Cupful of Salt (natural salt would be best)
+ A Hiding Place (preferably a room purified by incense and ofuda)
---------------------------------------------
Preparation:

1. Take all the cotton (or whatever it is stuffed with) out of the doll, and stuff it instead with rice*1.
2. Clip a bit of your nails and put them inside the doll, and sew the opening up with the crimson thread. When you finish sewing, tie up the doll with the rest of the thread *2.
3. Pour water into a bathtub.
4. Place a cup of salt water inside the hiding place.
-----------------------------------------------
How To Do It:

1.Give a name to the doll (the name could be anything but your own)
2.When it is 3 am, say to the doll "__(your name) is the first it," three times.
3.Go to the bathroom and put the doll into the water-filled bathtub.
4.Turn off all lights in the house, go back to the hiding place and switch on the TV.
5.When you have counted ten with your eyes closed, go back to the bathroom with the edged tool (a knife, etc) in your hand.
6.When you get there, say to the doll ,"I have found you, __(the doll's name)," and stab the doll with the edged tool*3.
7. Say "You are the next it, __(the doll's name)," as you put the doll back in its place.
8.As soon as you have put the doll down, run back to the hiding place and hide.
------------------------------------------
How To Finish It:

1. Pour half the cup of salt water into your mouth (don't drink it; keep it there)*4 and get out of the hiding place and start looking for the doll. The doll is not necessarily in the bathroom. Whatever happens don't spit out the salt water.
2. When you find the doll, pour the rest of the salt water which is left in the cup over it, and then spray the salt water in your mouth over it as well.
3. Say "I win," three times.

This supposed to end the ritual.
After this make sure you dry the doll, burn and discard it later.

MOST IMPORTANT
Please don't stop this ritual halfway. You must do it through to the end.
This is a dangerous ritual and I will not be responsible for what happens to you if you try.
Other things to keep in mind:
+Don't go out of the house until you have done the finishing ritual.
+You must turn off all lights.
+Keep quiet while hiding.
+You don't need to put the salt water in your mouth all the time. You only need to do it during the finishing ritual.
+Remember, if you are living with someone you might put them in danger too.
+Don't continue this ritual for more than one or two hours.
+For safety reasons, it might be best to keep all the doors in the house unlocked (including your front door) and have some friends close by so that they can come and help you at a moment's noice, if you ever need them. Keeping a mobile close at hand would be a good idea too.

NOTES:
*1 - the rice represents innards and also has the role of attracting spirits.
*2 - the crimson thread represents a blood vessel. It seals the spirit(s) up inside the doll.
*3 - by cutting the thread off, you break the seal and release the spirit(s) you have trapped.
*4 - if you go out of the hiding place without salt water, you might encounter "something wandering around" in your house which might harm you in some way. Apparently the way to feel the presence of the "something wandering around" is to watch "what happens to the TV."
--------------------------------------------
The video clip below apparently shows the changes seen to the TV after 40 mins into the ritual. Nothing really happens but it gives you some ideas anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0iiQHOofZ0&fmt=18
You can hear the changes in the sound;it becomes unsteady, repeats itself like a broken record, and gets warped towards the end.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:55 am
So far I have found three accounts of a performed ritual. The first account is by a person who did it by himself and the last two accounts are of two different people reporting the same ritual. Please note the use of the word, ritual. One-man hide and seek is a game the same way a Ouija board is a board game.

Account #1 by operant
Source: http://community.livejournal.com/paranormal_wtf/2182.html

Hide and Found

So I had some free time yesterday before I had to DJ an event for my campus, and I found this comm[unity] of Mango's and decided to check it out.

then I found the "One Man Hide And Seek" post, and the dare.

So I run around the dorm a bit (everyone was busy getting ready for the haunted house, so I knew I wouldn't be disturbed) and found all of the stuff (had to nick salt from the kitchen, anyway) and got prepared.

First off, the doll I had was a friggin' Spongebob Squarepants doll, because I couldn't find another one. Be that as it may. I tore his head open, pulled out all the fluff, and filled him with rice (also nicked from the kitchen). I found my crimson thread and sewed his head up...quite poorly, I might add, as I am a horrible seam..ster? I am male, after all. I then remembered I needed to put nails in him so I pulled the thread open and dropped in two toenails and a bit of hair for good measure (probably a bad idea). Then sewed him back up.

Spongebob feels weird when he's filled with rice.

While I was doing this I had one of my christian fundie friends 'exorcise' the television room. This was probably needed anyway, as it is more than likely the site of the beginnings of many later abortions and was haunted by the spirits of trillions of dead sperm. She had some kind of lavender/chamomile/vomit-smelling incense (IT"S STILL IN MY CLOTHES) that she used while spraying (yes, spraying) the room with holy water. Whatever.

(side note - she thought I was a nut and was telling me I was going to go to hell, so she made me wear a cross)

I filled my tub with water (which immediately started to drain, even with the stopper. I take showers, which would explain a lot...or not). My friend took the salt, made the salt water (made it warm, too, which was odd) and took it to the tv room.

At this point it was 8:45 and I had to go and DJ a party, so I figured I would do everything else after everyone went to bed.

*~*

at 3:03am I took the doll and said "Your name is Jeremiah". Then I said "Jephi is the first it" three times and dropped Jeremiah in the tub (after refilling it), then skeedaddled for the tv room. The lights were already off in my room, as the streetlamps illuminate through the shades. I closed my eyes, counted to ten, then went back to my dorm bathroom with a razor blade and stabbed jeremiah and said "I found you, jeremiah!"

I swear to Jesus I felt the doll squirm in my hand, like something was moving around in the rice. So I dropped it back into the water, said "Jeremiah is the next it" and ********' fled for the tv room.

I forgot for a few minutes that I had to put the salt water in my mouth, and I was watching the tv...and I swear at one point it stopped, and the dude on the tv TURNED AROUND AND LOOKED DIRECTLY AT ME. Then the TV went to static, but instead of the normal random static, it looked like it was MELTING OFF THE SCREEN AND PUDDLING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX. I grabbed the thing of salt water, put some in my mouth (because if I hadn't I would have ended up running out screaming) and ran back to my dorm.

About halfway there my buddy jumps out from behind a couch and scares the bejesus out of me, and I covered him in salt water. While he was sitting there spluttering, I finished running back to my room.

JEREMIAH WAS ON MY FLOOR. NOT THE TUB. and my razor blade was about six inches away from him (I had tossed the razor in the trash!)

I took a sip of the salt water, dumped the rest on him, then spit what was left on him, and said "I WIN! OH GOD I WIN! I WIN!"

*~*

I ended up waking up half of my floor (apparently I freaked the s**t out of my House Advisor) and they all wanted to know what was going on. I told them it was a halloween prank and they all let me be.

I then find out from my buddy that my dorm is haunted by three different ghosts, two girls and a guy, and that the guy committed suicide when his girlfriend left him. Slit his wrists with a razor blade.

I very promptly picked up Jeremiah, walked outside, doused him in lighter fluid, and lit him aflame in the smoker's ashtray thing by the front door until he was nothing but a smoking pile of burned rice.

*~*

Through this whole thing I felt an odd buzzing in the back of my skull, which I'm used to when I do stuff like this (I'm a druid and my rituals always give me a buzzing feeling in the back of my skull, I like to think it's my gods telling me to shut the hell up). However, this time it also made me ill, and during class today I ended up vomiting blood (which I haven't done in years).

I will not be doing this again anytime soon, and I do not recommend it. I am still bugged out because I put that damned doll in the tub, I know I did because I threw it there when it squirmed on me, and when I came back it was on my floor with the razor.

Something's not right about this ritual.
-J

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:56 am

Account #2 by operant
Source: http://community.livejournal.com/hauntings/628189.html

One Man Hide-And-Seek

My friend and I made a cross-post of these events to various communities. Last Saturday morning, we played One Man Hide-and-Seek, which is a Japanese origin ritual/game for contacting the dead. I think it's like Japan's version of Bloody Mary, only it actually works and is kind of terrifying. Read more about it here(I highly recommend reading this first, it's not very long).

The following, minus some minor revisions is cross-posted from my personal journal. My friend Sam filmed the whole thing, and within the next few weeks we should have some videos online chronicling what we did.

I wait outside the apartment until Sam arrives, and we agree to go for a short walk because I am full of piss and the rule is no going outside until it's day once we begin.

We head down a dark block, when we hear a very brief, high pitched screaming sound from a yard up ahead. The screaming lasted about half a second or so. To me, it sounded like a bird scream. Scared, we leave the area and go home, which is only two blocks away. When we get there, Sam sprinkles rock salt along the garden wall (ashtray during winter time) and we say a prayer rubbing it between our fingers.

We go inside, Dad turns in at around 12:40ish, we start making minor preparations for the ritual and then watch some Fievel Goes West until 2:30. Then, the real preparations begin. I'm not listing them in order. We chronicled most of it on camera anyways, thanks to Sam.

It is worth noting, that during the preparations a feeling of unease came over both of us, and after Sam finished sewing up the doll, she began shaking.

- Sam unstuffs the doll, refills it with rice. Sews it back up with red thread.
- We smudge my room, the livingroom and especially the bathroom with sage(we both felt much calmer after this). This is for cleansing.
- Line Dad and my room's door with rock salt, making it spiritually "off limits" for the game.
- Prepare our separate water bottles with salt water (I did this. I used like 3 tbsp of salt each. We used sea salt)
- Put sage in our mouths, then against the soles of our feet, kept in pace by our socks.
- Prepare the hiding place with a glass of salt water underneath it. We unfolded the futon in the living room and made this our hiding spot.
- Filled up the bathtub.
- Put rock and sea salt in the sink, covered up the bathroom cupboard mirror by turning the cupboards away from ourselves. Smeared the mirrors with the salt water.
- I decide against a few trinkets and a coat I was going to wear during the ritual, out of respect.
- Put three of my nail clippings into the doll. 3 was a significant number for this ritual and so I felt it should be three clippings.
- We turned off the light in my room, got our things out and put them in the living room, found an appropriate channel and shut off the TV.
- My choice for the stabbing utensil was scissors.

At some point, after Sam had finished sewing up the doll and we hadn't yet left my room, we heard a scuffling sound and a click of a door opening. At first I thought it was another tenant in the apartment next to us, then I blamed my cat even though we clearly heard a door open Sam was looking right at Dante but I couldn't see him from where I stood. We brushed it off and after a brief exchange were ready to bring everything outside my bedroom. I went to step outside but backed immediately into my room because the closet door near the suite entrance had opened. That was the sound we heard.

After confirming to ourselves we wanted to go through with this, we closed the door to my room and began the ritual. Before the ritual could begin, we set up our cameras and Sam set the doll down on the chair near the hiding place in the living room. When I went to pick up the doll, Sam noted the doll was in a different position than when she'd set it down.

We turned off all the lights in the living room, I took the doll and scissors and Sam brought the camera and I brought the TV remotes as well as my water bottle. I stabbed the doll, did the first chant and named the doll http://www.tobaccobymail.com/images/roger.jpg (call me a f*****t but I'm afraid to write the name out in text myself until I've disposed of the doll properly).

The lights out, we ran into the living room, flicked on the tv and after a bit of struggling managed to get under the futon. We heard sounds from the bathroom and the kitchen entrance. We took mouthfuls of salt water from the same bottle, because by mistake I left my bottle in the bathroom(which I didn't find till after we finished the game). I kept the water bottle near me the whole time.

After counting to ten and confirming to ourselves it was time to go, we got up and by the light of Sam's camera screen, navigated through the kitchen into the bathroom. We both had mouthfuls of salt. I got there first, Sam got there second and I saw the door open further behind her, I assumed it was her body weight hitting the door, after talking it over with her it is unlikely. When the door opened further I heard three consecutive bangs, like the door was bouncing against a wall. I forgot at that moment the toilet was beside the door so there was no way it could hit the wall. The whole scene played out very frantically.

The doll was still in the tub. I scooped it up, spat my salt water over it and Sam kind of weakly horked hers onto the doll in turn. I stabbed it and said the next chant, we hid again. The second time around, with me no longer "it", the feeling of heaviness alleviated a little. I think we both felt in less danger this time, for some weird reason. Sam also knocked over our salt water and it spilled all over the floor and my legs and Dante(cat) went under the couch with us and I'm pretty sure he was licking up some of the salt water.

I counted to ten in my head with my eyes closed, tapping Sam's side for every number. We waited a much longer time for round 2 to leave the futon. This time, only I took salt water from the bottle, and Sam put rock salt in her mouth to supplement (I needed the rest of the water to finish the game). I am unsure if we should have waited longer for it to look for us or not.

The doll was gratefully still in the tub, and I scooped it up, spat out my water on it, had Sam spit her rock salt on it. I stabbed it and said, "I win, I win, I ******** win," out of relief.

We cleaned up a little, and cleansed the rooms the game took place in with white candles. The eczema on my face (fairly under control usually) was inflamed and agitated from the salt that dripped down my chin during the ritual. I put on some cream and moisturizer. We submerged the doll in the salt water in the sink to cleanse it and lit a candle underneath the mirror. After a few minutes we drained the water in the sink and I set the doll on a rack over the toilet to dry.

We set up my Nintendo Wii, and put our SD cards in it to watch the movies we made about the ritual. Sam filmed the whole thing, and we had my camera trained on the living room during the ritual's entire duration.

When I turned on my speakers(I hook my sound up to my stereo, not my TV), we heard a girl humming. She hummed four times, and it sounded like she was breathing inwardly as she did it. It may or may not have been 3:30 AM at this point. The entire ritual itself happened in less than fifteen minutes. I turned off my speakers, and turned them on again. No humming. We brought a white candle from the kitchen into my room and I lit some incense. As we oriented the Wii, my speakers started getting louder on their own so I turned them down once manually and it was fine.

We watched the movies, the one Sam filmed by hand was full of noises we hadn't heard during the ritual, most notably a shrieking like the one we heard on our walk, and a popping sound, like a balloon exploding or a cap gun being fired. The banging I heard before was also present, but I found out Sam never heard it once we heard it over the movie.

There is a faint possibility that at the beginning of my movie, someone said, "You listen to me," but it sounds like Sam speaking and for some reason in a half-whisper. It could be an otherworldly voice, or it could be the tail-end of something else Sam was saying. I am not pretending I know if it's legitimate spookies or not. The sound on my camera was bad, and we were too scared to turn up the volume on my speakers while we watched this stuff on my Wii.

(at some point, I forget when, but it was either before or after we watched the movies we filmed, we shared an exchange that she said she didn't feel anymore presences from the game, and I said I still felt some kind of trickster around that wanted to try and scare us)

We decided to finish watching Fievel Goes West, and I told Sam I'd go to the bathroom first. I went into the bathroom, and the doll was in the sink. Sam didn't move it, and obviously neither did I. Spooked, Sam called Angele for advice on what to do because Angele was a total Godsend and stayed awake during the ritual at her and Sam's apartment while we went about poking the figurative ectoplasmic bear. We did a small ritual to clear what may have been lingering, and watched the rest of Fievel Goes West. (NOTABLY during Fievel Goes West, I got up to get something and when I came back it was a scene I liked, so I skittered back over to the sofa to sit and I s**t you not the movie paused and when I sat back down it resumed)

On my way back from walking Sam home, I think I heard a man or else Seagulls laughing, two street lamps went off and I met the cutest dog ever that looked like a bull terrier but wasn't. When I got home, the closet door was open again.

I don't feel any presences in the apartment - of this I'm sure. I'm on edge, and I think when that doll is dried out and burned is when the left over weirdness will stop. The ritual isn't entirely over until the doll has been burnt. We will do this at midnight tonight.

That's all that happened, minus some very insignificant details.

(Sidenote: This was written the morning after it happened. The doll has been disposed of and nothing menacing has occurred since. )

Looking back, the events as they played out were fairly scary, but it was creepier afterwards. The feelings it left me with were scarier than the actual process - like the doll moving after the game was over and not during. But on Sam's camera, some s**t showed up that was right by our hiding place, by the TV. Notably, hands on the TV screen, and the silhouette of a small head. I'll goad her into posting her side of the story really soon, so you guys can see these totally brick-shitting stills.

Notes of author by way of comments: I've already debunked a few. The whispering at the beginning of my video, where what sounded like "You listen to me," was actually my buddy saying "Let's do this," in a low tone. There was some rumbling and "static" sounds I initially thought was paranormal, but it was only because I placed my camera so close to my Dad's mini fridge, which is RLY LOUD.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:57 am
Account #3 by observer
This account is pic-heavy. I'll leave the pics as links unless there is a general consensus that the pictures become IMGs.
Source: http://bubonicapple.livejournal.com/322656.html

One Man Hide and Seek: You're It

I discovered One-Man Hide and Seek months ago, and after spreading it all over the place didn't have the nerve to go through with it personally. I posted it on paranormal_wtf , and one of the members did the ritual and had overall a pretty clumsy, but scary experience. Lauren was hankering for ~spookies~ and after mentioning she wanted to play it, and i am the best friend so OH HELLO.

I took more footage than I did photos, but I grabbed some shitty-grainy screengrabs from the videos I took for this entry so you guys can look at pretty pitchers. I want to edit the footage I took together into one 10 minute vid, and edit out some of the excess and stumbling around in the dark.

REFRESHER: Lauren and I both call it One-Man Tag but it's actually One-Man Hide and Seek. I think One-Man Tag would be FAR MORE TERRIFYING. One-Man Hide and Seek

I was supposed to leave for Lauren's at about 11, but I was sidetracked for various reasons as the evening wore on, the last being that it just takes me a long time to get ready in general. After collecting a motley assortment of good luck charms and tokens, and working out an emergency-phone arrangement with Angele, I bopped off to Lauren's. It's about a 15 minute walk and it took me nearly half an hour.

I was extremely on edge and jumpy setting out, which I did at about 11:50. I was excited more than scared, but the streetlamps constantly blinking out on whatever route I chose to take started to make me nervous. I eventually ended up taking a roundabout side route, and I noticed I was being followed by two individuals carrying briefcases. I was probably just buzzed from the impending doom of the night in general, but the pair really unsettled me. I took my headphones off, and I couldn't hear them behind me - I took a complicated and stupid route until I completely lost them (they followed me down several sideroads and backways), then went to Lauren's. I had a tin container of salt in my left hand under instruction from Angele that I had to do a little prayer and blessing with outside of Lauren's apartment before going inside - after the prayer, we couldn't go back outside until we finished the ritual, so we decided to go for a quick walk to burn some of the buzz we were both feeling. We literally went less then ten blocks before we heard a weird screaming sound from a parkade - it sounded like some sort of animal; Lauren thinks a bird, I think it sounded more like a wounded cat. It scared us enough we hauled butt back to her place. We heard the exact sound later on inside her apartment, shortly before Go Time.

Overall there was a pretty light feeling on the whole thing. I showed Lauren the items we had for the ritual, mostly provided by me, including a small brightly coloured doll. I have no idea what sort of franchise this doll was from, but baby got back.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/hideandseekitems.jpg
Caption: Ze itinerary

We pretty much did little in way of preparation apart from readying and trying out our ~SPECIAL PLACE~, the hiding place underneath the futon in Lauren's living room.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/somejerk.jpg
Caption: The playing field. The TV is right behind that strange jackass, and the futon is sort of hard to see because the room was dark, and my camera isn't exactly Discovery Channel grade. There was a glass of salt water under there that Lauren said to make sure I didn't kick over so I kicked it over.

It was pretty well unanimously decided Lauren would be the one taking the lead in the game, in the sense she would be directly playing and I would be a passive observer, I am just here to cover the war, ma'am. We both had our own little tokens of precaution (I had the Lord's Prayer where Lauren had her sage) but we had to sort of split these between us, to keep the playing field level. I am also extremely grateful for the sage - burning it in the activity rooms made me feel a ******** better, as did having it in my socks.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/sage.jpg
Caption: PROTECTION-ZILLA

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/bathroom.jpg
Scene of the crime. There is a small utility closet to the left of the doorway I am facing, directly against the wall beside the front door. While we were preparing, that door clicked open and slowly swung ajar. Bricks were shat.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/unstuffed.jpg
Replacing the cotton stuffing with rice. I really didn't dig doing this part.

Around 2:30 AM, we began preparation in earnest - the bathtub was filled with water, Angele was consulted on what to do about the mirror in the bathroom, and Lauren's camera was trained on the television while I kept mine with me. She drew a line of salt blocking her bedroom and her dad's. I pulled the stuffing out of the doll, replacing it with the rice and Lauren's nail clippings, then stitching her closed with the crimson thread. Doing that filled me with a pretty powerful sense of unease, mostly in my chest and in my head, like a hot headrush. The apartment also became abruptly hot, almost stifling, and I developed a mild, red rashy irritation on my cheeks that later appeared on Lauren after the ritual. I was badly shaken, which is embarrassingly evident in the footage I took at this point, my voice is shaky and unsteady and flat. I set the doll down on her face at one point, and while Lauren and I readied the TV and I memorized the layout of the living room, I turned around and the doll was now on her back with her arms flung over her head. Bricks = shat.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/preparetomeetyourmaker.jpg
Caption: s**t seconds away from getting real. Lauren is holding scissors here with which to stab the doll and begin the ritual.

Lauren stabbed the doll, we turned out the lights and fled for our hiding place after filling our mouths with salt water. There were very, very quiet noises of rummaging, and while my camera was trained on the TV from where we were under the futon, I went between having my eyes closed to staring at Lauren to looking toward the kitchen. Throughout this part of the game I heard very, very soft wiping noises, like someone was drawing a cloth over the floor.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/AUHGHGDSJHFHF.jpg
Caption: I only just caught this now as I was going through the footage frame by frame. Whatever is touching the screen at the bottom left passes literally so fast Lauren and I missed it on our initial replay, and Angele and I did as well, though Angele got the impression from the footage I showed her of a small child ducking around with her hands raised. I am not going to lie I just s**t enough bricks to build myself a goddamn schoolhouse. There are no impressions of these 'fingers' a split second before or after this point in the film. If I hadn't been going step by step I would have missed it.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/D8.jpg
Oh that is some bullshit a ******** head sdkjsfdjf ******** me ******** me ******** me. I remember this point specifically because I started to choke on the salt water, and I kept the camera awkwardly raised while I lowered my head and coughed to try and keep the salt water from running into my nose. I am hoping I am not caught in the tangled throes of emotional high, but that looks like a small silhouette of a head to me. There was nothing in front of the television screen, absolutely nothing between it and the futon.

We went through the game clumsily but relatively on track - Lauren says she heard a succession of three bangs in the bathroom that I did not hear, but it's evident on the footage, followed by a weird popping sound - I didn't hear any of this at all during the game.

The doll did not leave the bathtub throughout the game, and after we finished the ritual, neither Lauren and I really felt like anything malicious was still around, but she told me she felt a 'trickster' still present. I honestly didn't attribute much to that statement at the time, I felt mostly in the clear if not sick to my stomach. She drained the tub, I lit some candles, and she brought the doll out of the bathtub and set it on the rack over the toilet to dry. We huddled in her room for awhile, dazed and spaced but overall not nearly as scared as we thought we would be, and not long after, Lauren went to the bathroom to blow out the candle we had burning there.

So the ******** doll had moved from the ******** rack to the sink. I thought Lauren was ******** with me, and for about a split second I was angry, which gave quickly way to fear. I called Angele, and Lauren and I did a little meditation/farewell ritual around some purifying salt, asking the presence to leave. We both felt a lot better after this.

It's weird, looking back over last night. During the game I was on edge and scared, but overall I was let down because while small instances of s**t what be freaky had happened, nothing that terrified me really went down until after the fact - it's looking at this s**t in retrospect that's scaring me stupid. I am grateful six million times Angele is here with me right now.

PARTING SHOTS

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/consultinthapsychic.jpg
Caption: After consulting my woman Madame Cleo on the phone

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/buboe/wherenightmarescomefrom.jpg
Caption: Ever seen Dark Water? That s**t is unfolding in Lauren's bathroom ceiling.

holy ********, son.

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:57 pm
I found a Japanese production on the the ritual on youtube. It's a 2 part video about 20 minutes in length.

The problem is that it is in Japanese. So I can't really tell what is going on. I'm not sure if it a dramatized reenactment but there is also a part in the video where there seems to be an interview with a person with a censored face and subtitles. I'll post the links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6l7_OYHljU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fVXN-5B6HE

If anybody knows where I can go to ask for a possible translation or subtitling feel free to input.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:52 pm
I'd like to resurrect this for a moment.

How could this be used practically? To me it just seems like a game that people can play to get scared.

I'll be putting it in my grimoire when I can find some practicality to it.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:22 am
Arcanist Angus
I'd like to resurrect this for a moment.

How could this be used practically? To me it just seems like a game that people can play to get scared.

I'll be putting it in my grimoire when I can find some practicality to it.

There's no practicality to it - it /is/ just a game that people can play to get scared. If it had worked, it'd be worthy of investigation and experimentation, but alas.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14 pm
If it did work, it would probably be taken down immediately...

It seems to bank on the hope that the spirit is much, much stupider than the caster.

There are much better, safer ways to contact spirits than this.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:26 pm
XxBangbang.im.a.banditxX
If it did work, it would probably be taken down immediately...

It seems to bank on the hope that the spirit is much, much stupider than the caster.

There are much better, safer ways to contact spirits than this.

Always remember the tales of spirits being tricked into small bottles and then kept for spells.

Are you saying that rituals that work should not be put up or that this is too dangerous to be here and should be taken down?

Also remember that the spirits can trick the bottle owner into releasing them, where in their souls are supposedly devoured.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:26 pm
This spell in particular seems like it doesn't have any use whatsoever, and also seems to be fairly dangerous...

It seems like you are just summoning a spirit (outside of a circle devoted to spiritual summoning), just to trick it, run from it, and hide.

Were I a spirit, that would piss me right off, and I would seek vengeance.

Who's to say that the spirit you summon with this is stupid? (you don't seem to have much control over WHAT you summon, which is a gaping hole in the ritual). Something as poorly thought-out as this is dangerous.

I also find it quite rude to summon a spirit, just to run and Hide from it for laughs...  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:46 am
XxBangbang.im.a.banditxX
This spell in particular seems like it doesn't have any use whatsoever, and also seems to be fairly dangerous...

It seems like you are just summoning a spirit (outside of a circle devoted to spiritual summoning), just to trick it, run from it, and hide.

Who's to say that the spirit you summon with this is stupid? (you don't seem to have much control over WHAT you summon, which is a gaping hole in the ritual). Something as poorly thought-out as this is dangerous.

I also find it quite rude to summon a spirit, just to run and Hide from it for laughs...

I do too, really. If it could be used practically I might have put it in my grimoire. A

Alas, it must be used as a game to scare fundies. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm
XxBangbang.im.a.banditxX

The idea behind performing the ritual - for me, anyway - was to test and see if the ritual was legitimate. It didn't work for me, so...

As a researcher, I research, which also infers some measure of experimentation - I don't intend to sit idly by and theorise about what *might* happen, or what such-and-such *could* mean, or wether the ritual *might* be dangerous, because the occult is inundated with such lazy, armchair-magician thinking as it is. Talk is cheap.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items