Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:15 pm
I think Sonic and the Secret Rings is one of the worst Sonic games I've played, second only to Sonic Heroes. Yet, I saw it for 10 bucks, so I bought it. It's a little different because I'm willing to give this game a second chance and it's a cheap addiction to my growing Wii collection, but where do you draw the line?

A crappy game from a decent series for a low price? Sounds about good to me.

Discuss: Cheap games, good and bad alike.

EDIT: Wait, this makes second worse. Nothing beats Sonic '06.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:48 pm
First reply because I actually got a game yestarday for 4.99 plus tax from EB Games. Can you guess what it was? Here's a picture for ya:
User Image
That's right, it was used for 4.99. I'd been searching for this game for years and finally had it handed to me on a platinum platter for less than what a game like that should be. I remember reading in Nintendo Power of how insane the game is. How it messes with your mind. Yes you, the player. Ever wonder how sane the character you're playing is? Well thanks to the sanity meter, you can see whether they're normal or ready for the funny farm. As their sanity goes, so does yours. With strange stuff happening like getting cut in half when you use magick and walking through a door and looking like one of those undead things you've been killing with a torch. Fortunately, after that happens, you get snapped back to reality and you can keep going. All in all, a pretty interesting game that I haven't beaten yet. If you're lucky enough to find it, do yourself a favour and play what was supposed to be a gamecube launch game. That's what I have to say about cheap games. If you agree with my comments on this game, please quote.  

wariodude128

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:07 pm
wariodude128
First reply because I actually got a game yestarday for 4.99 plus tax from EB Games. Can you guess what it was? Here's a picture for ya:
User Image
That's right, it was used for 4.99. I'd been searching for this game for years and finally had it handed to me on a platinum platter for less than what a game like that should be. I remember reading in Nintendo Power of how insane the game is. How it messes with your mind. Yes you, the player. Ever wonder how sane the character you're playing is? Well thanks to the sanity meter, you can see whether they're normal or ready for the funny farm. As their sanity goes, so does yours. With strange stuff happening like getting cut in half when you use magick and walking through a door and looking like one of those undead things you've been killing with a torch. Fortunately, after that happens, you get snapped back to reality and you can keep going. All in all, a pretty interesting game that I haven't beaten yet. If you're lucky enough to find it, do yourself a favour and play what was supposed to be a gamecube launch game. That's what I have to say about cheap games. If you agree with my comments on this game, please quote.

That game definitely ******** with your head. Finding that for 5 bucks is a godsend. I still to hunt down a copy.

Also: Developed in Canada ********.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:17 pm
Eternal Darkness is not a bad game though..

oh wait I see that last part of your post  

Waynebrizzle

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:22 pm
Elite Beat Agents was one of the pack-in games in the DS accessories kits that were $15 at Walmart here. I have the game now, but I'm sad that I missed getting it for so cheap.

If used games are okay, I got Pokémon Pinball last year for $3. Except instead of it being a crappy game in a good franchise, it's the 'spinoff timesucker I enjoy way too much' in a great franchise.

As for not so good bargain games, I got Cooking Mama for $20, and I've seen it in bargain bins several times for about that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:35 am
Cooking Mama is a pain in the a** to play. One of my teachers actually gave it to me for FREE, and I turned it down. I did buy some other games from him, but I just couldn't keep Cooking Mama.

I was irate that I missed his Ikaruga deal, though.

Boadicia

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:16 am
I don't buy bad games. razz

I borrow them from my friends.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:53 am
Sonic and the Secret is quite a bad game in the Sonic series, but worth $10. I only ever bought bad games at bargain prices for the Gamecube. I don't remember the prices, but I remember the games. V Rally 3 and Defender to name 2.  

Super Cheesio

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:13 am
I bought that Minority Report game for $10, still wasn't worth it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:25 am
Super Cheesio
Sonic and the Secret is quite a bad game in the Sonic series, but worth $10. I only ever bought bad games at bargain prices for the Gamecube. I don't remember the prices, but I remember the games. V Rally 3 and Defender to name 2.

Yea, exactly. I like having one more game to my collection, and for a cheap price I get an experience out of it. I can't possibly hate the ENTIRE game. xD  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 am
Zephyrkitty
Elite Beat Agents was one of the pack-in games in the DS accessories kits that were $15 at Walmart here. I have the game now, but I'm sad that I missed getting it for so cheap.

If used games are okay, I got Pokémon Pinball last year for $3. Except instead of it being a crappy game in a good franchise, it's the 'spinoff timesucker I enjoy way too much' in a great franchise.

As for not so good bargain games, I got Cooking Mama for $20, and I've seen it in bargain bins several times for about that.

elite beat agents isn't a bad game you b***h  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:35 pm
I got Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube used for $8, Chibi-Robo for the Gamecube used for $14, and Worms 2 for the DS for $10. All at the same time at Gamestop. ******** win.

Edit: -facepalm- Only Worms 2 was bad. It felt too repetitive and got boring after 2 weeks.  

BleuP

Sugary Wife

17,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:40 pm
Teh AK
Zephyrkitty

elite beat agents isn't a bad game you b***h

Ribbin
Discuss: Cheap games, good and bad alike.

My brother does think EBA sucks, though. I'm convinced he's mad that he sucks at it. =P  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:59 pm
bleu_flame
I got Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube used for $8, Chibi-Robo for the Gamecube used for $14, and Worms 2 for the DS for $10. All at the same time at Gamestop. ******** win.

Edit: -facepalm- Only Worms 2 was bad. It felt too repetitive and got boring after 2 weeks.

I saw Chibi Robo for 60 dollars at an EB. o____o  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:39 pm
I always check Bargain Bins for some games.
You never know what you can find...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces