Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy: Adventures (Newly Opened!)
Magic Classroom- 4/10 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 pm
Magic Class

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Introduction
"My name is Serenus Vindicta but you call me Professor Vindicta and not by first name." Pushes her glasses onto her nose and glides around the desk to face the class. "Magic," she pauses for a moment. "What is it? Where is it? How did it come to be? All of this shall be answered in class and more." For the first time she smiled but still a hard firm grin. "I suggest that you read how my classroom is set up." Walking down the aisles she passes a paper; written upon it is the criteria. "On this you shall find the grading scale, the books required and so forth." Again she paused and pursed her lips. She tabs her hand and the paper she has given changes. "I also suggest you do not lose this parchment. It shall be updated periodically with homework and announcements." She goes back around and sits at her desk and closes her hand together staring down each and every student. "I hope you have a pleasant time here and class and will actually learn something."

Magic 101
What is Magic, History of Magic, Type/Forms of Magic, Learning how to use Magic

Magic 102
Learn basic spells of Water and Fire, Thunder and Earth

Magic 103
Learn basic spells of Wind and Ice, Dark and Light

Graduate to 200 lvls

Magic 211
Advance in Water, Fire, and Thunder

Magic 212
Advance in Earth, Wind and Ice

Magic 213
Advance in Dark and Light

Graduate to 300 lvls

Magic 301
Master spells in Water and Fire

Magic 302
Master spells in Thunder and Earth

Magic 303
Master spells in Wind and Ice

Magic 311
Master spells in Dark and Light

Complete training and master all spells.

Applying for Class
Please OOC post here to be added, there are 10 slots for students.
Slots may open up if a student becomes inactive.
4/10

Magic 101: Approved Students|Grade: HW1
TwiFoxy| Pending |
Yves89| 0% |
Sylvir Fenrir| 85% |
Gary Glampire| 96% |

Text
Book 1

Grading Scale
A- 90%-100% Exceeding Average
B- 80%-89% Above Average
C- 70%-79% Average
D- 60%-69% Below Average
F- Below 60% Failing
X- Missing Homework|Incomplete

5% Attendance (Post at least once a day)
15% Quizzes
35% Papers
45% Final

How I grade
For quizzes it is 3 multiple choice and one short essay.
For final it is 15 mutiple choice and three short essays.
For papers it is based on content, organization, spelling, and grammer.

Homework
(PM it to me for grading)
HW1, Pg 1, Due June 8

Extra Credit
None

Announcements
HW1 is now due June 8

Get to know your professor, my RP profile.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:21 pm
((Go ahead and sign me up!))  

TwiFoxy

Yves89

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:21 am
OOC: Sign me up as well  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:33 am
Hm. This seems like a good place to broaden my knowledge of the magical arts..Sign me up, please.

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.OOC: Since we have a few students I shall begin class. :3  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Lecture 1
Magic or sorcery is a conceptual system. This system is composed of non-physical objects, i.e. ideas or concepts. In this context a system is taken to mean "an interrelated, interworking set of objects. It has the ability to alter the natural world, the world we see, touch, and hold true. But magic is the one thing that defies out beliefs and causes us to rethink our faiths. It is through mystical, paranormal or supernatural means. In many cultural it is a pressured by science and religion to be wrong. The question is what do you believe?

Homework 1
Due June 8
Read: 1 Etymology and 2 Theories of Magic in Book One.
Define: conceptual system, natural world, mystical, paranormal and supernatural.
Explain: Magical Thinking (3 sentences +)
Give me other forms of Magic (ie: Latin, Greek form)

Who's turned it in
Gary Glampire

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post of PM me.

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.OOC: How do you guys like my teacher uniform? <3
Sitting at her desk she concentrated on grades papers, silently watching the class as they read their assignment. Her pen glided across the parchment with a red mark here or underline there. There was so much to grade and she rather be outside in the courtyard than reading these disgraceful papers. Sighing she stared out the window watching the world go by as she climbed into her fantasies. Snapping back into reality she continues marking essays with the red pen.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:07 pm
The slight scent of cigar smoke heralded the approach of Aura Academy's headmaster. A shock of blond and ragged hair poked its way in through the slightly open door, peering in at the students and the teacher. A broad smile split Le'Minz's face when he saw the students hard at work. A small, glowing blue creature, composed of transparent energy, peeked in at his feet.  

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A feeling jerked Serenus' attention as she was heavily at work on papers. Looking up she peered over her glasses to she the headmaster. Giving a slight smile to acknowledge his pressene.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:26 am
The sound of the door opening and the scent of smoke caught his attention, bringing him to look up and find Le'Minz checking in on the class. He passes a nod to Le'Minz and returns to reading his text book while in the back of his mind curiously wondering what the strange little creature at Le'Minz's feet was.
It looked to be not made of meat and bone..What sort of creature can survive without?, he questioned to himself.

OOC: By the way, the teacher uniform looks awesome. ^_^  

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Rising from her desk she walked up and down the narrow asiles of the desks. Watching each student carefully to make sure they were working. Some she had to snap back into attention but most were doing what they were suppose to. A few more minutes went by and Serenus moved to the front of the classroom. "Put you books away, it is time for discussion." She waited a few seconds for the students to draw their eyes away from the pages of their textbooks. "What I would like you all to, well, possibely argue about is; What is magic? Begin."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:04 pm
Sylvir places a charm made by his mother, a braided strand of isbjor hair wrapped around a wolf's tooth into his book as a mark of his place and slowly closes the book. Raising his head to acknowledge the teacher's question, he let's out an answer once she is finished, "Ms. Vindicta," he paused to allow her to set her attention on him before continuing, "My people believe magic to be a gift from nature that we should choose to embrace with open hearts and minds. But this book describes it in much more depth. Though I do hold the beliefs of my people to heart, this is an interesting new light on magic. I would very much enjoy hearing the opinions of others on this."  

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.She smiled, it was gentle for once. "Nice of you to imput your cultural beliefs, Mr...?" She looked over on her desk at a list of names. "Sylvir?" She looked for a comfirmation and got it. "Good point on nature, a gift from the mother as some call it. Other think it is a gift from the heavens also know as God. Any comments on that?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 pm
He closed his left fist and wrapped his right hand over it in a straight-sitting position and replied, "Yes, Ms. Vindicta. Sylvir Fenrir. Most of my people do not believe in deities, we revere nature as the balancing force in the world. It is the energies in all living creatures, some blessed with more energy than others, resulting in the talents we possess such as auras. Some of us do believe on deities from other areas, gods, as you mentioned. I admit, I'm not too familiar with these beliefs."  

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I suggest when I assign more reading analyze is. It should give you preception of all cultures." She smiled at him again. "I see what you mean though, interesting. I however believe in a force that gives blessings to people. Only those who are worthy of learning."  
Aura Academy: Adventures (Newly Opened!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games