* Microsoft Press Conference: 10:30 am PT, June 1

* Electronic Arts Press Conference: 2:00 pm PT, June 1

* Ubisoft Press Conference: 5:00 pm PT, June 1

* Nintendo Press Conference: 9:00 am PT, June 2

* Sony Press Conference: 11:00 am PT, June 2

* GameSpot's Live E3 Stage Show, Day 1: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm PT, June 2

* GameSpot's Live E3 Stage Show, Day 2: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm PT, June 3

* GameSpot's Live E3 Stage Show, Day 3: 10:00 am - 5:40 pm PT, June 4

So, discuss all about E3 in this thread, all games that you hope to see, and those that are shown. Any confirmed Nintendo updates I will update the thread with it. It is also now known that E3 isnt going to be all about data this year, but instead will return to the glory days of new games and announcements.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 pm
good  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:54 pm
Looking forward to:

Red Steel 2 (FINALLY GOD DAMN)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
The Grinder
Whatever Bethesda's "big Wii game" is supposed to be, if that wasn't a flat out lie
No More Heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3
FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, but I doubt it will be there

Anything that's actually announced AT E3 instead of a week before.

but i forgot the wii's third party support sux. Seriously, if they'd announced these things at Nintendo's conference they would have had a great showing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:54 pm
I just hope it's better than last year..  

NinShmux

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm
Ooh... XBOX news on my birthday? Hopefully there is good news.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:27 pm
Regulust

Now who is dropping hints? rolleyes  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:46 pm
I think most of the stuff I'm hoping for is the stuff that's talked about all the time.

Mario: I just finished my second 242 star play of Galaxy, so I'm set for a while. I'd probably be hoping for a new Mario & Luigi if I'd had the opportunity to play the first two, but I haven't, so I'm not. Is it too soon to hope for a new Paper Mario?

Zelda: A more serious game along the lines of Twilight Princess would be nice, but what I'd really like to see is just positive information about Spirit Tracks. The touch screen only controls in Phantom Hourglass were interesting and worked really well for what they were, but to me they were more of a novelty that I would rather not see become standard for Zelda on the DS. I'd like to see some touch screen stuff return, like the map and maybe the grappling hook and boomerang type stuff, but Zelda's supposed to be played with your thumbs, dammit.

Metroid: I was waiting on a release date for New Play Control, but Prime Trilogy solved that one (though I wish it wasn't so far off). Other than that, I'm hoping for a 2D or 2.5D remake of Metroid II for the DS and/or a game that picks up after Fusion or Corruption that may or may not be titled "Dread".

Pokémon: Nintendo managed to hit on my main want a little early with HeartGold and SoulSilver, but there's still consoles. I want to see another console RPG, and I can take or leave the Shadow Pokémon. Unfortunately, Nintendo's said that they currently have no interest in that. So what I'm really hoping for is along the lines of a Pokémon Stadium 3. Battle Revolution was...well, a little narrow-minded. Bring back the minigames, bring back the Gym Leader Castle, and maybe even a "DS Tower" (though I'm not sure if a tower is the type of building best suited to the DS's shape...). Possibly add GBA compatibility for Gen 3 games either through the DS's wireless and GBA slot or by making use of the GameCube ports and GBA/GCN cable, but awesome as the first (that I know of) GBA/Wii connectivity would be, the Pal Park does make it mostly irrelevant (though a "GBA Tower" would be nice).

And can we get some Game Boy on the Virtual Console?

As for third-party...I've come to expect disappointment from third-parties, so I don't really get excited about it. I'd hope for Sega to come out with a Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (because Sonic 3 & Knuckles was one game, dammit) in the vein of Mega Man 9, but honestly we're more likely to see them drop Sonic in the Beowulf storybook world and then bring back the werehog so they can pun the title. Other than that, the only third party series I'm fond of that has a chance of seeing the Wii in the foreseeable future is Resident Evil, and Capcom's shot that dream to hell with two ports and a rail shooter, so no need to get my hopes up there.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:03 pm
Woah.

Woah.

Woah.

Bethesda's making a Wii game? I'd love to hear about that. o__o  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:07 pm
I'm sorry but Spirit Tracks looks like a load of you-know-what. I need a nice, big, heaping dose CONSOLE ZELDA!!!!!

If I don't get me suma dat console Zelda, I'm gonna throw a s**t FIT! Windwaker was nice but come on. What do we REALLY want Mr. Miyamoto?
Some of that realistic s**t, man!

Oh yeah, baby! Link for president!

I Really also wanna get No More Heros 2. I wanna see Travis undergo a DESPERATE STRUGGLE!

We'd better get some balls-having developers ready to step up for the Wii too.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 pm
tnuki vaati
I'm sorry but Spirit Tracks looks like a load of you-know-what. I need a nice, big, heaping dose CONSOLE ZELDA!!!!!

If I don't get me suma dat console Zelda, I'm gonna throw a s**t FIT! Windwaker was nice but come on. What do we REALLY want Mr. Miyamoto?

I liked Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass. They were way better than Twilight Princess.  

Owwin

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 pm
Owwin
tnuki vaati

I liked Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass. They were way better than Twilight Princess.

Meh. It all depends on your tastes. I liked Twilight Princess better than Phantom Hourglass. But Windwaker and TP are a tie for me. I don't know. Whatever Shigeru thinks is best is DAMN WELL probably the best!  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm
I loved TP, but I love PH too. I'm really looking forward to Spirit Tracks. So what, he's on a train. It's just like the boat, but on land. =3  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:27 pm
Teh AK
Regulust

Uhh... i don't follow.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 pm
I am definitely buying Spirit Tracks but a new console Zelda would be great. Considering Twilight Princess was designed as a gamecube game, I can't wait to see what they can do with it on the Wii. With Mario Galaxy, the graphics and orchestrated music blew me away, and if they did that with Zelda I would be IN LOVVVVE. Also, I really want Miyamoto to make something new like he did with Pikmin for the Gamecube. I can feel a tightness in my jeans already.

Or maybe they'll show us another Animal Crossing game  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:30 pm
Regulust
Teh AK
Regulust

Uhh... i don't follow.

Owwin said I was dropping hints one time when I mentioned my birthday in response to you. It was a joke, don't worry. smile  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff