Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Did this ever happen? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spring and Summer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 pm
There's a moment you know...

A long while back, when they still had the official Gaia "Captain's Guild" there was a lot of talk of eventually being able to send mass PM's to all your guild members. Obviously, you can do that regularly, if you go to create a message and type in all their usernames individually, but that's a pain, especially if you have a big guild.
Does anyone know if anything like this ever happened?

... You're ********>  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:43 am
Not yet but we're all waiting and hoping for it.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:32 am
You can send mass broadcasts to all online guild members via GIM, but apart from that I haven't heard anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:43 am
The developers keep promising it- like being able to use the guild treasury for things other than forums- but nope. Not yet, and GIM doesn't work if the guild members don't use it!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Zef

Fluffy Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 am
It's still probably in the idea phase. Maybe it's being made. We haven't heard enough to say "It's coming soon".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:40 am
haven't heard of it yet  

nurmedina

7,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 am
Actually, I'm having problems with GIM... it's not loading for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am
I don't think anyone uses GIM unless they are in zOMG. zOMG uses it as the chat program... so not really an option there.  

LillianSaire

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 pm
Mass PM was offered awhile back but it became spammy/hard to manage and the functionality was removed. Yes, we are looking at bringing it back soon, and we have discussed how to do so without blowing up the servers.... smile The solution isn't as easy as people think (just bring it back!) so I ask for your patience as we work through the project.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:28 pm
Aw... You mean you don't want to make the servers go boom? Where's the fun in that? rofl Alright, alright. We'll wait. But remember, no boom today, boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

Zef

Fluffy Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:46 pm
MemoryDragon
Aw... You mean you don't want to make the servers go boom? Where's the fun in that? rofl Alright, alright. We'll wait. But remember, no boom today, boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
You made me laugh rofl
Boom will be missed though o:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 pm
as a follow up to the GIM thing - yah, its works to communicate with your guild members as long as everyone is logged into GIM at the same time wink not very likely, but if you want to have a group discussion and let people know ahead of time, it is possible wink

and we no likey the boom. crying  

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

Silent elf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:33 pm
Whats A GIM sorry slow here User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:48 pm
Silent elf
Whats A GIM sorry slow here User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

GIM is Gaia Instant Messenger. Right above the gold amount indicator in the upper, right (next to the map) you'll see Gaia IM.

It works like regular IM client with your friends on Gaia, as well as allows you to have mass chat with members of your guild (guilds sow up under friends)  

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Ya, I could see how that could cause a boomy.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff