Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Voice In-Between

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oddities
  +1
View Results

D_Marx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:27 am
A year ago I was lying in bed, about to fall asleep. I was lying on my side, slipping through the in-between [that nice little place between two modes, awake and unconscious], when a voice whispered not two inches from my ear that sounded like "Droh-ma." I opened my eyes, stared straight ahead so as to not startle it away, knowing it'd not be there. Looking straight up at the ceiling and almost seeing a face was a little frightening.

Upon recent reflection, I'm having thoughts or a realization that this word means something along the lines of Child, but I'm not sure if it's a language on this plane or not.

Background info: Around this time, I was working on finding out about this repeated patch of missing time I repressed as a child. It involved an alternate dimension with floating heads, and I wasn't fond of the random visions I got at work so I had to stop the meditation.

When I was a child, I was hanging out with my aunts who were painting my old house. The place was strange in its own way, and having lived there I suppose I'm not an exception to its charms. I blacked out and woke up to my aunt's voice, only to find myself in the middle of a crowded street. I was chastised and told to stay off the street. Then it happened again, and I started crying when my aunt yelled at me--I ended up crying the next two times and was sent inside. Never talked about it when asked.

My question lies in this: If there was some connection between myself and another dimension, would I be able to recover more than just this tidbit of information, just enough to seal whatever doorway exists between this world and the next? And have you ever heard this word before?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 am
the blackouts {for lack of a better word} happen to me all the time.

They usually result in people being mad/surprised at me for saying and doing things that I wouldn't do. I (apparently) talk about / do things that I don't even know how to do.

ex...breaking seals, cursing people....etc
*sigh*  

Vengeful Elegance

D_Marx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:48 am
That has got to be rough. You're suggesting a little different happenstance, i.e. spiritual step-in would be a nice easy word for it, where things may work through you as a buffer?

Black-outs, don't remember if I've had any of those that weren't stress-related. Do you move around or say anything or is it just a mystical power that goes through you?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:38 pm
Resurrecting an old topic here. Not too long ago I woke from a strange dream to hear ringing in my ears and then a whisper that audibly said "Loki". I've noticed since then that people have played more tricks on me, things haven't been what they seemed, and even on one occasion a mare winked at me.  

June Islands

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:53 pm
At periods in which you are in-between, so to speak, your are very very prone to falling into a hypnotic state.

Chances are, you were hallucinating. This isn't to say that your hallucination is not valid, nor that it may not have some spiritual meaning... Simply that if someone else were in the room next to you, they probably would not have heard the voice.

The same thing happens to me. I hear knocks, catch movements, and, on one occasion, saw a young girl in a straw hat and sundress, I think she was smiling at me, inside my room, about two yards away from me. Creepy as hell.

I try not to worry about it, though.

And that increase in trick-playing? It could very well be that you weren't noticing them as much before. Or maybe not, it's your life, and I'm not there with you watching it.

I will say this, though: if Loki has decided to target you, it seems like very, very bad news to me. Unless he's planing on tricking the sanity out of you, winking mares would be the least of your problems.

Again, though. Psychologically speaking, we're more likely to see something we're already looking for, like the tricks you might be a little bit more wary of, and keeping more of an eye toward. =

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games