Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Kami summoning and acquiring a patron/matron. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:39 am
My religion is Neo-Shintoist, our deities are the Kami. These are beings who exist on a coexistent plane to ours and pervade all things in the universe. Patron/Matron Kami grant you their blessings and enchance your body and mind, sometimes though they will exact a toll upon you, mentally or physically. It is best to attempt a summon when you are most relaxed and alone.

Summoning a Kami has dangers depending on the Kami you aim to summon and your will power. The dangers of Kami summoning and acquiring a patron or matron vary greatly and always take in to mind the threats present before attempting a summon.

1) Clear the room of all distractions
2) Start meditating while breathing in through your nostrils and out your mouth
3) Empty your mind of day to day worries and stresses
4) Focus on a mental image linked to the Kami you wish to call upon
5) Keep focusing until the image starts to change outside of your own will
6) The image should change completely now to something outside of basic human understanding
7) The Kami is now present
8. Greet it with great praise and compliments
9) It should acknowledge you after some length of time
10) Once acknowledged mentally bow to the Kami
11) Make your request to the Kami to be your Patron/Matron or to grant you it's favor.
12) Should you ask for Patronship/Matronship be aware that some Kami will exact a cost upon you which radically varies by the Kami you summoned.
13) If the Kami grants you it's favor or Patronship/Matronship thank it greatly
14) The Kami should revert to the image
15) The image should leave your mind
16) You should awaken from your meditation  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 pm
Interesting. When you say you're Neo-Shintoist, does this mean you're taking Shinto practices and putting your own spin on them, or something else?

Who is/are your (m/p)atron kami?  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:04 pm
Neo-Shintoism as in yes, I'm putting a more modern spin on it. Mostly involving prayers, since I don't live near any traditional shrines...

My patron&matron (unisex Kami) is the Kami of Death...

Upside is, I have an outstanding fortitude towards illness, poison, physical damage, and I once came back to life after 5 minutes and 23 seconds of being dead.

Downside for it being my matron&patron are my occasional sadistic sociopathic tendencies, which is why I include a warning in the summoning instructions...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:49 pm
Chemosh of Krynn
Neo-Shintoism as in yes, I'm putting a more modern spin on it. Mostly involving prayers, since I don't live near any traditional shrines...

Upside is, I have an outstanding fortitude towards illness, poison, physical damage, and I once came back to life after 5 minutes and 23 seconds of being dead.

Downside for it being my matron&patron are my occasional sadistic sociopathic tendencies, which is why I include a warning in the summoning instructions...

I had a similar experience when I was working with spirits. The one I suppose I came across as what I could say is a "patron" or "familiar" (whatever it is you wish to call it) when I was meditating on the element of air.

(I was trying a practice that said that the astral plane of the world was split into several dimentions in a sesnse, one pertaining to air, which I suppose you could thus say this mediation was more over astral travel.)

Anyway, I came across a spirit in this little journey. Almost every single time I try this exercise, this spirit is there to seem to guide me. There was even one time I tried to go there and I started feeling a ton of negative energy there, suddenly the spirit in question told me to just head back to my place for a while and leave that plane I was on. I did, and somehow I feel like it was trying to protect me from that strange other presence that was there.

I still think of this spirit as a familiar, being a Thelemite, I'm speculating that it could be my Holy Guardian Angel.

Oh, and I recieved a name for teh spirit some time back during on of my little astral travels. "Meruek".

EDIT: This being a spirit of air I also noticed a strange happening during the first few weeks after making contact with Meruek. If I ever feel asleep or got really sleepy in places where I shouldn't have (school, doing my homework, once or twice when I was really tired and trying to get home after shopping), I'd hear what sounded like a loud "WHOOSH" right when I couldn't keep my eyes open, and I swear I could feel Meruek (that exact presence) standing right behind me.

As fluffy, crazy, and weird as this sounds, it''s happened frequently.

Also, I've experienced a boost in my writing abilities. Which is said to be (creativity) something that grows when making contact with an air spirit. Although that might just be school paying off. xD

OFFTOPIC: 5 minutes and 23 seconds of being dead? Amazing. What was that like I wonder.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:10 am
any additional or expanded information on summoning a specific individual kami, or at least narrowing your desired target?

i have drawn alot of my Chaos Magic from traditional Shintoism. though i have since expanded to other Shamanic paths, as well as Pagan, Wiccan, and Gnostic traditions. however, Hermetic and Gnostic traditions can grant me little...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:43 pm
(Sorry for the lack of posts, my patron abandoned me when I moved so I had trouble up until recently finding a new patron)

Withing kami summoning the astral plain is a layer of the, in lamens terms, "otherworld" many planes exist there, intertwine and meld perpetually. This "Meruek" does indeed seem to know its way around otherworld, and I suggest you cherish the bond it has established with you.

OFFTOPIC: Death was a learning experience, I have been able to go farther than ever before in my travels of otherworld. Still, while the clock in the human world ticked, I spent a small lifetime in otherworld. Death is not a thing to fear, for at its arrival, true learning can begin.

My own ability to focus on kami is fairly general as you have stated Romanov. To focus on a specific kami has a variety of parameters for what kind of kami you are looking for, pretty much you just focus on the general concept/icon of the kami, and slowly refine your focus onto more specific parts of the kami that you seek (age, protections, followers, knowledge, etc.)  

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:19 am
Chemosh of Krynn
(Sorry for the lack of posts, my patron abandoned me when I moved so I had trouble up until recently finding a new patron)

Withing kami summoning the astral plain is a layer of the, in lamens terms, "otherworld" many planes exist there, intertwine and meld perpetually. This "Meruek" does indeed seem to know its way around otherworld, and I suggest you cherish the bond it has established with you.

OFFTOPIC: Death was a learning experience, I have been able to go farther than ever before in my travels of otherworld. Still, while the clock in the human world ticked, I spent a small lifetime in otherworld. Death is not a thing to fear, for at its arrival, true learning can begin.

My own ability to focus on kami is fairly general as you have stated Romanov. To focus on a specific kami has a variety of parameters for what kind of kami you are looking for, pretty much you just focus on the general concept/icon of the kami, and slowly refine your focus onto more specific parts of the kami that you seek (age, protections, followers, knowledge, etc.)

OFFTOPIC:I understand. In Thelema, at least solely under my interpretation...well Death is nothing more than rest and preparation for something else. But then again, understand that interpretations are varied under us Thelemites.

Back to the Topic: I do heavily regard Meruek as a kindly spirit, and I do cherish the bond. If I don't come across as such, it's really just because I'm on the internet and I have a tendency to joke around a bit.

Meruek has been a very good familiar. Sometime back I was having some trouble. I've drawn a lot of experience from Shamanic traditions along with the Thelemic faith of mine. I was having some "troubles" with a persistent demon who found their way into my house. Normal banishing spells and rituals, including LBRP and SBRP, weren't doing the job.

Finally, I decided to "seal" the spirit using sigil magick. Meruek was especially helpful for this, since he suggested that I use sigil magick in the first place. It worked...*phew!*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:55 pm
Sorry, I misinterpreted, since sigil magick is quite an old that would lead me to believe that meruek may indeed be quite an elder spirit. Try asking it about older magicks, it might know a lot more than one would think...

I've gotten a new matron as of late last night: Seihyo Ki, a young and minor ice kami...  

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:29 pm
I thought Shintoism was a closed religion. O.o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:12 pm
Quote:
Chemosh of Krynn:

Who was your first Kami if I may ask (Since there are many kami for any given facet of this world and beyond)? I know there are a few who are seen in both male and female forms (i.e. the more popularly known Inari). Was your previous Kami a Kami of the Heavens, or Earth? I generally get rather excited to find others with roots in Shinto. I have a primarily shinto center, and hold Benzaiten-no-kami (hime)as my Matron deity.

Quote:
Namikikyo: I thought Shintoism was a closed religion. O.o

What do you mean, if I may ask? You may be referring to certain divisions or sects within the more primal Shinto practices, but I am uncertain?  

Garret_Strife

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:57 am
Chemosh of Krynn
Sorry, I misinterpreted, since sigil magick is quite an old that would lead me to believe that meruek may indeed be quite an elder spirit. Try asking it about older magicks, it might know a lot more than one would think...

I've gotten a new matron as of late last night: Jurishi Konno, a young and minor ice kami...

Assuming Mihi was talking about the kind of Sigil Magick used in Chaos Magick, Sigil Magick has only been around since, what, the early twentieth century?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:58 pm
Mitsh
Chemosh of Krynn

I've gotten a new matron as of late last night: Jurishi Konno, a young and minor ice kami...

Assuming Mihi was talking about the kind of Sigil Magick used in Chaos Magick, Sigil Magick has only been around since, what, the early twentieth century?

I'm not well versed on the history of Sigil Magick. ....please elaborate.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:12 am
Mihi Cura Futuri
Mitsh
Chemosh of Krynn

AFAIK, the genesis of Chaos Magick was birthed by Austin Osman Spare, a vaguely interesting British occultist who pioneered the technique of writing down a statement of intent, removing repeated letters, and forming a sigil out of these letters, then utilising a method of gnosis (sensory excitation, sensory inhibition, or "no-mind") and "firing" the sigil. Chaos magicians devoured this practice like hungry wolves and it became part of the non-system of Chaos Magick, before sigil magic was subsumed into general magickal practice. I don't know exact dates, I'm afraid, because the history of the practise seemed a bit dry, so I never bothered to look them up.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 am
Mitsh
Mihi Cura Futuri
Mitsh
Chemosh of Krynn

AFAIK, the genesis of Chaos Magick was birthed by Austin Osman Spare, a vaguely interesting British occultist who pioneered the technique of writing down a statement of intent, removing repeated letters, and forming a sigil out of these letters, then utilising a method of gnosis (sensory excitation, sensory inhibition, or "no-mind") and "firing" the sigil. Chaos magicians devoured this practice like hungry wolves and it became part of the non-system of Chaos Magick, before sigil magic was subsumed into general magickal practice. I don't know exact dates, I'm afraid, because the history of the practise seemed a bit dry, so I never bothered to look them up.

What about using sigils to control unruly spirits? (Through name or a sigil presented, not through statements of intent).  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:46 pm
Mihi Cura Futuri
Mitsh
Mihi Cura Futuri
Mitsh
Chemosh of Krynn

What about using sigils to control unruly spirits? (Through name or a sigil presented, not through statements of intent).

It's entirely possible. I'm sure Ray Sherwin or Peter Carrol suggests using a sigil made out of the name of one's personal demons in order to bind them, at least.  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games