View Results

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm
I'll admit, Tim Schafer's games are funny, bizzare, and challenging. In some aspects, and I know I'm going to get a LOT of hate for this, but I think that Tim Schafer is a better designer than Miyamoto *braces self*
His original funny, clever, and off-the-wall strange game was for the Amiga, a pirate adventure called The Secret of Monkey Island.

Why this history lesson? Monkey Island is back, bitches!
In more ways than one!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:41 am
http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

Go preorder Tales of Monkey Island.

Actually, though, I don't think Tim Schafer had anything to do with these new games. He doesn't work for Telltale or Lucasarts anymore, he works for Double Fine.  

The Awkwardest Turtle

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:23 am
You know I saw the interview for this game and it actually looked like a lot of fun. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:16 am
It is good to see LucasArts bringing back the glorious franchise, not only through the remake coming to Xbox Live Arcade, but also with TellTale Games picking up the pieces (these are the men also responsible for bringing back Sam & Max, another defunct LucasArts Adventure Series).

Will this be a godsend? Who knows. Chances out that the series will be true to the original nature, as TellTale is incredibly good at encapsulating what makes these games so great, but there is always that unknown factor.  

MonkeyCashew

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:35 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle

Actually, though, I don't think Tim Schafer had anything to do with these new games. He doesn't work for Telltale or Lucasarts anymore, he works for Double Fine.

The fact of the matter is he designed, wrote the script, and programmed for the first 3 monkey islands, so I still think of Tim when I think of Monkey Island.

Also, Monkey, the remake I heard is also confirmed for WiiWare  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 am
You better believe I'm excited for this. Monkey Island is one of my most favorite series. I almost yelled out loud when I heard it's coming back.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces