Reply Classical Musicians Guild
*gulp* HELP!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xHajixbloodplus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:33 pm
sweatdrop Guys, especially violinists, I need your help. sweatdrop You see, I just finished studying and practicing the strings of the violin (I'm a beginner, yes) when all of a sudden a crack-like sound occurred. Then when my father (My teacher) checked the strings, it was out of tune!!! So he fixed it.. it was fixed, but when he handed it to me, the crack-like sound occurred again. He tuned it again, but it just isn't working! crying Does anyone know what the problem is?

NOTE: We didn't find any crack in the violin, it's just a crack-like sound. It's not a problem with the bridge or the strings either. They're in good condition.

Help!!!! sweatdrop crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:46 am
Maybe one of the pegs is slipping? sweatdrop

I'm not a string player though, so that's just a guess...  

Escargot

13Mizu-Chan13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:29 am
I think Escargot maybe correct, hexarthrius. Either your peg is slipping or your fine tuners are on the slippery side. I suggest you and your father/teacher go to your local violin/orchestral store and have an expert at the store examine it. Who knows, it may just be something you or your father/teacher can fix on y'all's own. but you might have to pay some money to have it fixed, unless it requires tools appropriate for the job that your father/teacher might have (I'm willing to assume he's been playing the violin for years and knows how to fix them).

_________________________________________________User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:45 am
I Agree with both 13mizu-chan13 and escargot on this. It definetly sounds like a tuning peg is slipping. I don't play any string insrtuments but my piano is so old that that happens with it once in a while and the sound your describing is what i hear when one of the tuning pins turns by itself. Tho with the piano that only happens when it is really humid in the room its in. IDK why tho you'd think humid would cause the wood to expand not contract.  

Lord Eydvar

xHajixbloodplus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:24 pm
Hmm... I guess you're all right, but my father also said something about the instruments needed to be taken care of depending on the weather. He said that, for example, a piano's keys can sometimes be loosen or something like that if the weather is too cold or hot (seriously, I don't know if it's to cold or hot that makes its keys loose). He thinks that's what's happening to the violin. I don't know what he meant by that, but he already brought it to my uncle. He's fixing it already, so thank God. sweatdrop

Anyways, thanks guys for answering my question. Maybe what you all thought of was right. I'm going to ask my uncle about this. wink rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:48 pm
hexarthrius
Hmm... I guess you're all right, but my father also said something about the instruments needed to be taken care of depending on the weather. He said that, for example, a piano's keys can sometimes be loosen or something like that if the weather is too cold or hot (seriously, I don't know if it's to cold or hot that makes its keys loose). He thinks that's what's happening to the violin. I don't know what he meant by that, but he already brought it to my uncle. He's fixing it already, so thank God. sweatdrop

Anyways, thanks guys for answering my question. Maybe what you all thought of was right. I'm going to ask my uncle about this. wink rolleyes

The piano key thing is what i was talking about in my first post.  

Lord Eydvar

xHajixbloodplus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Lord Eydvar
hexarthrius

The piano key thing is what i was talking about in my first post.

Oh.... uh.. I apologize for that... sweatdrop Thanks for the correction. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 am
It's your tuning peg. Same thing happens on a guitar.  

Puddinpocalypse

xHajixbloodplus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Ok thanks.. I appreciate all of those what you said, and it's being fixed now... I hope.. sweatdrop sweatdrop
Thanks!  
Classical Musicians Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff