Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
FireMountain Gems and Beads

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:37 pm
All you beaders probally already know about FireMountain. For all you others who don't know about this company it is a bead supplier with gemstones, bone and organic, glass, and metallic beads. It is one of my places to buy beads. Plus they also sell supplies. I love it! heart heart heart What place do you like to get your beads and supplies????  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
I'm stuck with Hobby Lobby locally, but I LOVE looking through that catalog.  

Umberella

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:54 pm
I haven't tried my hand at beading, but my sister has been making necklaces and things since middle school, so we buy her beads for holidays when we can't think of anything else. I don't know about brands, but there is a store in Houston, TX that's full of beads - and just across the street from the anime store, too. I think my favorites are the little ones painted to look like maneki-neko and fruits. Neechan likes jade beads the best.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:52 pm
stare ...well....I would hav to say the most convient thing...its not the most unique or coolest, but at least its there!

Michael's Art and Craft Store xd

NightRainSpirit

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:21 am
I usually get my wire and ring supplies from The Ring Lord. They sell beads too, but I like FireMountain Gems better, b/c I know I'm getting a really good quality stone (I work in semi-precious only).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:46 pm
I heart FireMountain  

~neko neko kitty~

Dracolich

Dangerous Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:50 am
I just buy them from wherever I can. A new bead shop has opened up near me though so I might start buying from there if it's not too expensive.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:22 pm
my mummy used to get beads online from a place called shipwreck beads,
she swore by them as the cheapest around  

I be me
Vice Captain

sidonia

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:02 pm
Another great place to buy beads is Shipwreck beads in Lacey Washington. They have a huge catalog and a website. You might want to check that out! heart heart heart OOPS! sombody already said that ! well, it's really good.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:26 pm
sidonia
Another great place to buy beads is Shipwreck beads in Lacey Washington. They have a huge catalog and a website. You might want to check that out! heart heart heart OOPS! sombody already said that ! well, it's really good.
he he
genious thinks alike.
I am not really a beader but I would sooo like to see that store  

I be me
Vice Captain

Elyzabel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:28 am
Somewhere NOT to buy: Joann.com

I've ordered things from there three times offline, and each time something was wrong with what I received. You have to balance that against the fact that you can save a bunch of money with coupons on their site, but I just don't find it to be worth the pain.

Has anyone else ordered craft supplies offline, waited excitedly, then opened the box with joy equal to winning the lottery, then found it was the wrong thing? The pain and agony! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:53 pm
Fire Mountain is yummy, but I like the beads I saw in the Rio Grande catalog. But they might be wholesale (worked for a jeweler awhile ago).
I used to live in Philly and there was an amazing bead store nearby. It was like a catalog had exploded on the walls. Where I live now, no such luck.  

fireclaws

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:40 am
I haven't done beadwork in forever, although I used to be into it a lot when I was younger. Even if I did always make the same damn necklaces/bracelets, since that's all I knew. xp

I did pick up some beads and stuff the other day. I'm hoping to give beaded knitting a try. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:30 pm
Anyone know a place to buy obscene amounts of seed beads?

My dad is sponsering a fund raiser to pay for a friend's liver transplant, and I'm making jewlry to sell for her.  

Sakura Revolution

jbeth

Thirteenth Streaker

16,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:12 pm
Sakura Revolution
Anyone know a place to buy obscene amounts of seed beads?

My dad is sponsering a fund raiser to pay for a friend's liver transplant, and I'm making jewlry to sell for her.

I'd say firemountain gems right off hand. you can buy czech seed beads by the hank or the half kilo and they have discount pricing if you buy 3 or more. they do have the japanese seed beads if you need consistent sizes, but those are sold by grams.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games