Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Knight in the Nightmare

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:23 pm
Cool looking Game for the DS. I was wondering, for anyone who has the game, how is it? Is it worth buying? How's the Gameplay, yada, yada yada.
It seems like a cool game, I just wanna know a little more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm
Never heard of it, but checking out some reviews it seems pretty good.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:27 pm
It seems pretty good, I think its like an RPG/FPS or something, I'd have to double check... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:21 am
I will investigate later this morning 3nodding  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:01 pm
eek Seriously?!?! No one has this game and has some info to share. Wow. Maybe it isn't worth it, but i still need convincing, so some tell me their opinions plz.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:02 pm
I heard of this game awhile ago and was about to put up a thread but looks like I was too slow XD
Here is a quick break down. If your a causal gamer then do not get this game. For once they put out a nice hard game that isn't insanly hard either. You really have to watch how enemies move, what weapons to choose and a few more things. BUt enough of the vauge answers this is how I see it.

Graphics: 10/10 This game looks great on so many stand points. Not to mention when I picked up my game it also came with a book of the art and more information on all the characters and story.

Sound: 8.5/10 The sound is nice and the music is alittle repeative but over all I enjoy the sound effects, the back ground noise and the little details in the sound too.

Controls: 8/10 I mentioned above that this is not for casual gamers which I love ^^ as I am getting sick of seeing so many crap games being punched out into the market because of it. To begin the units you control are stationary so you don't have to worry about moving to attack but wait for monsters to get with in range and attack. This can be tricky at times as units can only choose 1 of 2 directions. Making it more important to know what you plan on doing when you switch in a new character. The Armor maiden and the Duleist can only move one sqaure while the Knight can move two sqaures at a time.
Now controling the whisp can be tough at times but it really is simple enough that anyone can pick up on. It is how to use it properly that may drive some people mad.

Game Play: 9/10 There is alot to the game play so I will try to shorten it up. To begin normal attacks do not hurt monsters and will not kill them. What is the point of normal attacks? that is to get crystals to fill your mp gauge. Why would you want to fill that? So you can use weapons to activate your skills that will Kill those pesky monsters that are trying to eat you. The amouny of gems you get depend on what phase your in. There is two phases chaos and law. The difference between the two is actually two things. In chaos phase charcters that can move will only move in this phase. So a duelist will move that one square when he attacks like how a Knight will move the 1 or 2 sqaures.
Ok there is still more I like to inform you on important game play. The next thing is Mist which is according to your phases and the amount of gems you get. The best way to explaine this is whit an example.
Your in the law phase and you use a skill and hit a monster nice and hard and gems go sparying all over the place. You use the same skill or another skill on the same phase and lets say you do the same damage on the same type of monster and this time you get about only half the gems. Damgae is still the same but the amount of gems to fill your mp is alot less. This is because the mist thins each time you use a skill. The key around this is simply change the phase to the other one and wa la the mist is full agains. Oh yes one last thing some weapons can be used only in the law phase or the chaos phase so make sure you bring the right gear.
Ok two last key things to touch on and then I will wrap this up XD
Your units have vit and each time you do an action the vit drops a little bit. If the vit drops to 0 then your unit fades into nothing.... FOREVER!!! They put in an option called transoul witch lets you take a dying unit and give their stats to another unit. Also leveling up will give that unit some vit back as well so there are ways to keep them around longer.
Next your weapons have durability which drops by 1 each time they are taken into battle. What does this mean? Only take what you need into battle!!!! Because if they reach 0.... *breaks* That is it for your weapons. It doesn't matter is you use them or not if you take them into battle their durability drops. Of course there is a way to help that which is fusing your weapons togther. By doing this you take two weapons that are the same and fuse them together and get their combine durability.

Story: 10/10 This rating my change as this is what I have seen so far in my game. There is alot of mysteries, secrets, memories, lies and back stabbing in this game. You get a glimps of the past and what happen and how it affects the present. You get to see a small bit of each uits life as some are short and others are long. I won't ruin anything for anyone else but it looks like there is alot of behind the sceen plotting that is gonna stab alot of poepel in the back so far and that is what you find out earlyish in the game.

Over all I enjoy this game. It has an easy and normal setting right off the bat (I'm plaing on normal right now) If you do not like tactical games or looking for a tough challenge then this is not for you. To me this is a highly underated game that not many know about when they should know it. I can explaine more but I think I have rambled on enough so far.  

SirBud

BlueSparker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 pm
THANK YOU SIR BUD!!!!
This sounds like a combination of TWEWY and Luminous Arc (TWO of my Favorite Games BTW)
Thank you SirBud for the Info and thank you for helping me reach my decision. I GOTZ TO GET A NEW GAME!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:53 am
Your welcome. As there is more to the game as you can refine your weapons to +1 to +9 and in battle you get key items which lets you recurit more characters. Also if anyone gets this game and are like well all my weapons break or my guys are two low level and can never lv up to get their vit back or use weapons.
After you finish the first mission and have your own unit you can use the option Leveling which apperas at the title screen. What is this leveling? Well my friend you get to use Guest units with weapons that can never break. Why would you want this? Well you can replay old missions (not boss battles) and you can get weapons and exp from it. Mind you you get only 25% of the total exp but guess what you can level all the hell you want.
My that sounds broken and could be easily abused.
That would be true if they did not give your units a level limit. Meaning chances are the guy you get off the bat will end up being a transsoul for another unit that can reach a higher lv.
But wait!!! if we use guest units to level up how does my characters lv up then??? Well that is another beauty to this game. You determine who you want to give the exp to when you get the option to in game. Here is an example
Mission -> Victory -> Memory of the units -> save option -> distrbute exp, fuse items , ect -> save -> cut sceens and next mission.
So you can level up all you want but if you save at the wrong spot then you can't give out the exp to units or do anything else with items till you beat the next mission. Which is why you must plan ahead and thin about what you are gonna do next.
This game can be a nice challenge if you sit down and think things out or it can be a pain in the a** if all you do is charge through and think it will be a breeze.
I look forward to playing more of it soon as I look over more of the art work they put out for this game. Like my friend said this game simply looks so pretty!!! compare this to alot of games realesed for the DS and it is so true XD Ok I am rambling agains time to stop that.  

SirBud

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:10 pm
Even though I just started playing it, I'd definitely recommend it. It's definitely one of the best games released for the DS lately, and the controls make it just that much better!

Much better than Hoshigami, in my opinion.

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games