Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
MPD for Chemosh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 pm
Hello Everyone and sorry for the lack of face, I was spending a day or two with a psychologist. And I have fantastic news for you all! I have finally been diagnosed with multiple personality disorder! I know, thats horrible Chemosh. Is what your all thinking, but you see now that I have come to terms with it I have learned to control it to my whim. I would like to introduce to you all the host of my personalities and exactly what they are like so that if my posts seem to change you will be able to associate them to one of my other selves...

Rikki-chan: this personality is that of my repressed youth, being that I was the only son of my mother, Rikki-chan has all the aspects of me that are feminine pervade through her.

Makura-san: this pesonality is all my emotions of hate, anger, and destruction given a psychological form.

Alto: this is the side of my mind that overly analyzes everything and is cold, calculating, strategic, and to the point.

Blu: this is my depression, my misery, my sorrow, and all my sad qualities wrapped up in one little package.

Their are others but they are not yet well formed enough to truly list, feel not misery for me as I have accepted this fate and all that which entails it. I have chosen my path and will walk it to the end of my days...

*A side note: I am prescribed medication, but it doesn't actually work, it's merely a placebo (sugar pill with the mental suggestion to be working) they really shouldn't try placebos when Alto is my current face.*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:20 pm
If you're not bullshitting, it's interesting that you're able to acknowledge every single one of your personalities. Some identities are unaware of the others. As well as that, it's strange that you, yourself aren't listed there. You're an identity too - why didn't you or your doctor list that one? As well as that, did they diagnose you with MPD? I was under the impression that it's called DID now. Lastly, why are all your personalities one-dimensional aggregates of emotion? It seems more like you've just given names to distinct feelings you have, rather than full-on personalities.

EDIT: Why did your doctor give you sugarpills, and how do you know they are?

EDIT2: Sorry if I came across as really antagonistic right there. I just hate it when folk lie about or misrepresent mental illness so that they can seem more interesting.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:38 am
Way to go Mitsh, those are some very nice observations. Though it says near the bottom: "Alto is my current face", so I'm just going to assume that is the identity which he would refer to as "himself" for the time being. Now we wait on Chemosh's response.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:05 pm
Ponderous, anyway I myself am here now and yes it seems Alto was a bit non descriptive, and I know the feeling of anger towards impostors trying to add a depth to themselves via mental illness. It would appear Alto chose not to list me, then again I pretty much am normally the qualities that my other personalities lack, thus I am the neutral ground. My doctor is a Psychologist and thus can only recommend pills (Psychiatrists can prescribe) and my mother didn't want me on anything that would possibly affect my grades, since I'm doing so well currently. I know they are sugar pills as one of my best friends is a pharmacist and I had him research the pill under the guise of "expanding my knowledge". And yes Mitsh the disorder is technically referred to as Dissociative Identity Disorder but is also referred to as MPD most of the time. I myself cannot answer why Alto described all of them as so one dimensional. I guess I'll have to wait until he is active again as he is quite resistant to being called out. Give me a day or two and he may come out again...  

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:13 pm
I am Alto. Now I shall answer the questions asked of me. It is easiest for the vast majority of people to understand basic one sided descriptions of things. I chose thus to use basic simplistic descriptions in order to more directly convey the prominent traits of Chemosh's various personalities.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:35 am
meh. my question is, what are ways in which, instead of being simply an extra personlity, one becomes two Souls within a body? and i am talking about, where the two Souls are somehow still part of eachother... ya know?  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:27 pm
Mitsh
If you're not bullshitting, it's interesting that you're able to acknowledge every single one of your personalities. Some identities are unaware of the others. As well as that, it's strange that you, yourself aren't listed there. You're an identity too - why didn't you or your doctor list that one? As well as that, did they diagnose you with MPD? I was under the impression that it's called DID now. Lastly, why are all your personalities one-dimensional aggregates of emotion? It seems more like you've just given names to distinct feelings you have, rather than full-on personalities.

EDIT: Why did your doctor give you sugarpills, and how do you know they are?

EDIT2: Sorry if I came across as really antagonistic right there. I just hate it when folk lie about or misrepresent mental illness so that they can seem more interesting.

I believe that knowledge of alters is supposedly only imparted by others. The primary personality Should Have No cognizant knowledge of anything going on with the Alters. So Chemosh should have no knowledge really. Alters can be aware of other alters. But the original personality may not be aware of the alters.

In anycase... thats the case of Alters, where it Is One Soul.

In some cases a person can Channel another spirit... Which has nothing to do with Alters... It means that they are stupid and can't remain in control over their own form or let something else control them. This is the case with exorcisms. I strongly warn Against people allowing other things take control because Usually they aren't very Nice and they have alterior motives. stare

Sometimes people with severe mental illness will leave themselves open. I had a friend who when she was stressed she would disappear and play in the realms and she would go completely slack then a Guardian would take control and I would have a nice chat with them. She had no clue what happened during these times as her soul had left the building. Of course who really knows if she didn't just have MPD? They did have alot of information about magic to impart though so that was nice at least. The person who took charge of her was very irritated with the fact that she left herself open like that.

I knew someone who studied metaphysics who had MPD.
In anycase Alters are interesting. In this case it was used as an escapist mechanism. The Alter takes a representation of what they themselves want to be. The Alter really knows nothing more then the person themselves has access to and the Alter is given a complete story of events which may take aspects from real life or not.

The person... makes a history and a life for the alter. The person who I was friends with would create entirely Knew histories between me and the person of things that he Wished had happened, powers that he Wished he had, his fanaticed made up version of reality.

Distinguishing between Alters and people who are channeling spirits is tricky business. I mostly try to see what knowledge the other person speaking has and if the person who I was primarily talking to could have No Knowledge of the events unless they actually did exist in the Astral realms or spiritual realms or whatnot.
Outside of that it requires you to be able to AP or leave your body or reading the persons energy to tell whether or not they are on the level. Sometimes an Alter can have some access to knowledge of the astral or whatever you want to call it.

In this case you have to pay close attention to the persons energy and really only can differentiate through extensive reading. People will create their Alter on an energetic level and will have the Alter act for them. This is also a way of gaining subconscious knowledge and abilities which the conscious is unable to accept.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Chieftain Twilight
meh. my question is, what are ways in which, instead of being simply an extra personlity, one becomes two Souls within a body? and i am talking about, where the two Souls are somehow still part of eachother... ya know?

That doesn't happen silly. Thats just when two halves of your personality can't coexist with each other so to Exterior observation you look like you have two wills (or two souls) but if you read the person they are still one person.
This happens mostly with Past selves not being able to coexist with current selves. Trying to merge the two can have disastrous consequences and really needs a therapist to guide the two together... or well an outside party.  

Ishtar Shakti

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 am
Ishtar Shakti
Chieftain Twilight

That doesn't happen silly. Thats just when two halves of your personality can't coexist with each other so to Exterior observation you look like you have two wills (or two souls) but if you read the person they are still one person.
This happens mostly with Past selves not being able to coexist with current selves. Trying to merge the two can have disastrous consequences and really needs a therapist to guide the two together... or well an outside party.

heheheh... xd think whatever you will, as long as ya don't try to interfere with me. you can think it doesn't happen, i don't care.  
The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games