Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 am
http://kotaku.com/5290475/japan-gets-blue-wii-remote-nunchuk-with-a-catch

Quote:
While the rest of the world suffers under the tyranny of a single Wii colour, Japan has choices! First a black Wii & Wii Remote, and now a blue Wii Remote & Nunchuk.

But wait! There's a catch! The special coloured controllers are being offered as part of a Club Nintendo deal for Wii Sports Resort's launch, and rather than being purchased with Club Nintendo Points, are being given away. To be eligible, you need to buy a copy of Wii Sports Resort, register it online, then hope you're one of the lucky ones (there are only 5000 sets being given away).

The competition is only open from June 25 to August 31, and with only 5000 on offer, these will be sure to fetch a premium on the open market. Provided, that is, Nintendo don't go and release them officially later in the year.

If it's being given away as a promo kinda thing with WiiSports Resort, hopefully other regions will see it too. Until it's out on the market atleast.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:23 am
What the...

We were promised a black Revolution Wii, why do they get it before us?

And then they give them a blue one too? Come on, that's below the belt, Japan. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:19 am
The DSi and now this? This weird color is taking over Nintendo.

Eww.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:16 am
I can't say I care for that shade of blue still, but it's cool that they're finally making more colors for the Wii.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:03 am
I'm not too fond of that color on the Wiimote and nunchuk. And for ******** sake, get rid of the ******** Wiimote condom; those things are so hideous. Apparently there's pink Wiimotes floating around too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:14 am
NintendOmega
The DSi and now this? This weird color is taking over Nintendo.

Eww.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not a fan of that electric blue color. It reminds me too much of a preschool toy.

Although I gotta say, the white controllers are a b***h to keep clean. I've had one controller for 2 years and another since launch, and I'm constantly wiping them down with those little Clorox wipes. I still prefer the White to anything else though. Then again, that could be because I'm partial to Apple and all their white merchandise.

Although, I gotta say, I couldn't be happier when a silver DSLite came out. I still haven't replaced my first gen DS after the hinge broke (Some of you may remember that).

Meta_Fish
I'm not too fond of that color on the Wiimote and nunchuk. And for ******** sake, get rid of the ******** Wiimote condom; those things are so hideous. Apparently there's pink Wiimotes floating around too.

I never saw a real need for them. The rubberized battery doors from my Nyco charger set are plenty of precaution for anyone over the age or 10.  

KitsuneSaria

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:57 pm
KitsuneSaria
Meta_Fish

I never saw a real need for them. The rubberized battery doors from my Nyco charger set are plenty of precaution for anyone over the age or 10.
It's to protect Nintendo from getting sued by idiot people. That was the cool thing to do for a few months: Make a video about a Wii accident or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:27 pm
Tatsuman
wah wah...
wahwahwahwah whahwahwah Revolution waaahwaahwahwahwahwahhhwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
lol

Still whining about the name?

As for the condom, it kinda makes it more comfortable to hold... so I don't even mind  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:32 am
[Kegan]
Tatsuman
wah wah...
wahwahwahwah whahwahwah Revolution waaahwaahwahwahwahwahhhwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
lol

Still whining about the name?

As for the condom, it kinda makes it more comfortable to hold... so I don't even mind
No...

I was saying that when announced (as the Revolution), they used all kinds of promotional stuff showing black, red, blue, and even baby s**t green.
That's what I was whining about. >.>

I always just take the things off, just like the wrist strap. They just feel uncomfortable to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:26 am
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a blue one. I understand not having more colors in places, but all console's sales have declined sharply in Japan. If there's one good thing to get the sales a bit of a pick-me-up (rather than another killer app) it's a new color because people just can't help themselves sometimes.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:34 am
Mmm, that's one tasty color.

Though they COULD do with a bit more green.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 am
Correction to myself, the blue wii-mote wasn't shown until the console debuted at E3 06. So it was dubbed "Wii" before the blue one surfaced.

I think a new colored console would help more than a colored wiimote and chuck.
Not to mention that you have to buy what amounts to a $50 raffle ticket just to be eligible to get one. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Polunareffu

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 am
Think I'll stick with the white WiiMotes. Not really liking that blue.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am
Meta_Fish
KitsuneSaria
Meta_Fish

It's to protect Nintendo from getting sued by idiot people. That was the cool thing to do for a few months: Make a video about a Wii accident or something.

I only lost control of that wiimote once on my first day, and that was because the coffee table edge was in the way of my bowling arm... *laughs* And that was all a matter of just moving the coffee table out of the way.

I mean, I understand the basic fundamentals of the jacket, but I've only just had the rubber backing to prevent slips. I did have to ban a friend of mine to using the strap though because he was being funny and accidentally threw it backwards.

KitsuneSaria

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 am
Oh man, DSi color blue... I though it would be a dark navy blue or something... >.<  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff