Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
wow, just wow Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tybarious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:57 pm
(I apologies ahead of time if this offense you)

I recently heard about the President swatting a fly on an interview and then come to hear that PETA, people I thought only cared about saving some animal or protesting wearing fur, are upset about this. I mean come on, its just a fly, theres ten million more to replace it. Isn't there something else they can concern themselfs with?

And on a whim, I looked at PETA's site, and pretty much the message I got from it was if you look at an animal wrong, then your being cruel to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:37 am
I've been a member of PETA in the past, and I admit they do tend to overreact sometimes. I'm not sure what's up with the fly thing; I didn't hear about that. But I assume you're exaggerating for effect about looking at an animal wrong. blaugh They do come off kinda strong, but their intent is really noble. 3nodding It's just that sometimes the only way anyone will pay attention to their cause is if they do something crazy and extreme. You have to admit, it worked with you. whee If they seem overzealous, it's just that they've been doing this for a long time, and they have to work hard to get attention and support. They've done some really good work, tho.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:39 am
UM...

Yeah, stuff like this is WAY over exagerated.
Saving animals from extinction is good, but last time I checked,
flys were NOT on the endangered list.

These sites are definitely "in your face" about everything posted on them.
But I think the point they're trying to make is...
If you think animals are only good as pets, food, entertainment, or beasts of burden, then it's animal cruelty.

A bit extreme, but purple has a point, it got your attention.
LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:08 pm
xd yeah, maybe it did but then again, it didn't change my opinion about anything. I just think they go alittle too far with some of this stuff (Kentury Fried Cruelity made me laugh out loud xd )  

Tybarious

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

I've never agreed with animal rights.
      But, that's just my opinion.
      PETA probably would burn down my house if they've heard half the things I've said in my lifetime. >_>;;;;;

But, I saw the president thing.
      It was kinda funny.....pesky flies.
      And yeah, sorry but Flies are vermin, not "animals" and deserve to be killed.
      Again, my opinion.
      There's plenty of dead bodies to grow their filthy maggots in, they're not going extinct.

ℛîñíÏʞã৳å®û

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 am
I've checked out the story, and the whole thing is kinda funny. xd But I don't think it's seriously about the fly itself. I think PETA's using it as a symbol to make a point. That would be my guess, anyway.

I've swatted some flies in my time, but they have to be really bothering me for me to waste my time on them. xd

The KFC thing might sound funny, but if you'd seen some of the undercover videos, you'd be throwing up instead of laughing. sad Trust me on this one. It's stuff like that that made me go veg in the first place.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:51 am
Yep,
Funny on the outside, but vomit-worthy on the inside.

I'd rather not know.
Ignorance is bliss.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 pm
I doubt that it would Raven, for me at least, I've skinned and cleaned a deer and on top of that, I really don't have much a gag reflex. Plus, if you go back a hundred years or so, and saw the practices of food industry back then and well....lets just say you have no idea if your chicken was really chicken. sweatdrop

But honesty, I've watched "Super-Size Me" and I still eat at McDonalds  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:16 am
You have a better stomach then most.

~hands over honorary "Iron Stomach" award~  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:31 pm
I do know what the food industry was like 50, 100, or even 300 years ago. Trust me, it hasn't improved. They do things differently, and there are more official regulations now. But there hasn't been any real improvement on any level. sad  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:26 am
thats one thing I don't understand about vegans and other people like them, they hate how humans eat meat but yet support predators like lions, tiger, wolfs, killer whales, etc. through animal rights and conservation programs. If we weren't killing and eating these animals (cow, chickens, etc.) then some other animal would. Its the law of nature.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:27 am
It's mostly the conditions in which the animals are kept. In the wild, they could live their lives normally before being hunted in a fair contest by a predator. There's nothing fair about the way humans do it.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:17 pm
That's because humans like to do things the easy way,
which involves having everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Which would be considered cruel be the animals kept in the cages just so humans don't have to get tired chasing their food.

I'll agree that it's cruel, but I do love an easy life style.
sweatdrop  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces