Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
North Korea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:03 am
So, here we are in America, hundreds and hundreds, even thousands of miles of away... and they are making Atomic Bombs... scary? YES! Anyways, I just thought I'd bring up this topic, as I'm surprised it wasn't brought up...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:40 am
it is frightening, especially for those of us who live on the west coast... like me... However, I think right now, we're just playing chicken. But I still don't trust Pres. Berry to handle th is problem well, since he did a lousy job in the mid east.  

Latopazora

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 pm
The real threat is N. K.'s reaction if we board a ship. If we board one of their ships and they launch a rocket attack on South Korea, it's Korean War II. It could get especially prickly based on China's level of involvement. I wouldn't worry about the west coast. . . yet. So far the Taepodong 2 blows up mid-flight. California is a long way off. Most likely they are gearing to hit US naval stations in the far Pacific and Hawaii. Personally, I think conflict is a foregone conclusion at this point and we'd best get it out of the way now before they get any further with their ballistic missile program. Hopefully this will serve as a wakeup call to the world that you can't sit back in perpetuity on non-proliferation issues. Hopefully it will provide enough diplomatic cover to make a move on Iran quickly and decisively.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 pm
Yes North Korea has gone too far but the U.S.S John McCain will get that Korean ship or nation is stronger than anything and if we all work together as a country we well defeat North Korea and once they go on that ship we have declared WAR  

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 am
xxpeaceful_dreamsxx
Yes North Korea has gone too far but the U.S.S John McCain will get that Korean ship or nation is stronger than anything and if we all work together as a country we well defeat North Korea and once they go on that ship we have declared WAR

I doubt war will be declared at this point... and I doubt our country alone will declare war on North Korea. The problem with invading N.K. is that it has the worlds largest country behind them.... China. If we go to war with NK, and China finds us faulty and declares war on us... well, we'd have a hard time using all our people fighting china, against all their people fighting us. We'll just have to see what China does to NK with the UN for their anti-proliferation.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:30 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

I doubt war will be declared at this point... and I doubt our country alone will declare war on North Korea. The problem with invading N.K. is that it has the worlds largest country behind them.... China. If we go to war with NK, and China finds us faulty and declares war on us... well, we'd have a hard time using all our people fighting china, against all their people fighting us. We'll just have to see what China does to NK with the UN for their anti-proliferation.

Well we will not let this go on our own soil killing us because if we were to have war they wouldn't just go to hawaii they would go to my state California and that is not what we want we want peace as much as those other countries do okay the UN gave us permission to review the north korean ship and once we step on that ship we declare war and it won't be on American Soil it with be on the killing of Korean Soil that they have done. No one would let this happen honeslty if we did we would have every branch of the military fighting  

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:14 pm
xxpeaceful_dreamsxx
Rainbowfied Mouse
xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

Well we will not let this go on our own soil killing us because if we were to have war they wouldn't just go to hawaii they would go to my state California and that is not what we want we want peace as much as those other countries do okay the UN gave us permission to review the north korean ship and once we step on that ship we declare war and it won't be on American Soil it with be on the killing of Korean Soil that they have done. No one would let this happen honeslty if we did we would have every branch of the military fighting

ICBM have not been made yet, Hawaii is hundreds of miles away from N.K. while California is further. They'd have to use ICBMs to get to your state. The UN is using sanctions against N.K. which hopefully will have some action, but if not a war, as LB has said, is inevitable. But, just because a USS investigates a ship of NK does not mean that it will start a war right then.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:43 pm
Actually, the Taepodong II is an ICBM. However, the current range is capped at about 2800 miles, the distance from Pyongyang to Los Angeles is 5900 miles. Future variants of the Taepodong are proposed to reach as far as 5600 miles. That puts Los Angeles outside the range of the Taepodong II, but Honolulu is very much in range of that and we have all sorts of important naval stations in and around that radius.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:40 pm
Lord Bitememan
Actually, the Taepodong II is an ICBM. However, the current range is capped at about 2800 miles, the distance from Pyongyang to Los Angeles is 5900 miles. Future variants of the Taepodong are proposed to reach as far as 5600 miles. That puts Los Angeles outside the range of the Taepodong II, but Honolulu is very much in range of that and we have all sorts of important naval stations in and around that radius.

Hopefully any attempts will be failed by the anti-missile naval crafts.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:19 am
There's a pretty good chance of that. This is exactly the sort of thing the ABM shield was designed to intercept, single errant missiles.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

xxpeaceful_dreamsxx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:18 am
Update they thought in WW2 that Japan would not attack hawaii but yet they did and N.K did say that they were to attack Hawaii- FOX NEWS  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games