Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
I hate hypocritical online forums. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dryskale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:33 pm
I have massive problems with Christian forums and youth groups. I'm tired of the hypocrisy.

I maybe agnostic, but I grew up around Christians, and still find allot of them as good friends.

I joined a Christan forum and was having a disscussion with a fellow member about homosexuals. He started out by just saying he doesn't like them. This I don't really care about, but I asked him why.

After several posts of slander, assumptions, personal attacks, and equateing all homosexuals to Childmolesters, I tried to move on. I don't like wasting my time with people hell bent on trying to force their views on me.

A lesbian asked why other lesbians weren't talked about as much. I answered her by stating that the "but/a**l sex" taboo doesn't follow them around.

All hell broke loose. I received several pm, had allot of my posts erased and was threatened with a ban, all because I used but sex instead of ( these are the literal alternatives they gave me to use) rape or sodomy.

I'm pissed because My posts that were polite and not trying to be overly crude were erased, but the guy who equated all homosexuals to child molesters and monsters got to keep his up. I also found out he is friends with some of the mods.

I hate hypocrisy. I think its sad that the people who have hurt me the most in life, are supposed to be followers of Jesus.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:01 pm
I find it sad as well. I am a Christian, and I can agree with you that the actions taken by those people were harsh. I'm tired that people that believe in the same faith as me give Christianity a bad name. A single rude Christian can turn everyone they know away from Christ.

However, I can't agree that your specific examples are considered "hipocracy".
Being a hypocrite would be a homosexual condemming other homosexuals for their behavior.

Please don't count Christianity out because of a few "believers" that were unkind to you. Not all Christians are like that.  

Saga Shadow

Dryskale

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:55 pm
Oh I don't count Christianity out by any means.

I still have many Christian friends and support their rights as much as LGBT rights.

I mainly found the site hypocritical because the guy kept saying how me and others are so Unchristian, yet treats others in an unchristian matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 am
okay, that makes much more sense to me. thank you for clarifying.  

Saga Shadow

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:39 pm
If you would want to have a serious and mature conversation about homosexuality, perhaps a christian forum is not the place to start.

I wish it wasn't the case, but people will argue against something even if they do not at all understand the issues...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:28 pm
I prefer to think of those people as churchans. From what I'd heard the bible preached that you should turn the other cheek, not hunt down and eliminate, because noone but god had the ability to accurately judge anyone else, and therefor any harm done as "punishment" Would actually be an EVIL thing, and presumptuous in the extreme.

I am, of course, agnostic. Still.  

Mor Drakka

Saga Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:02 pm
you're right, of course. But just because it's presumptuous doesn't mean that people won't do it. I judge people all the time, usually people less intelligent than me, even though I shouldn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:34 pm
I tend not to judge people, mainly because I don't want to be judged myself. So why would I do something to others that I would not want done to me?  

00Shoe
Captain

Dryskale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am
Thank you guys for your responses. Yeah, I got banned from the place yesterday, but I'm not to upset.

I prefer places like this any way. At least I won't get ambushed and treated like crap here. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:53 am
*ambushes* Shut up, no one likes your opinions anyway :p

(Since it is in text, sarcasm is not always able to be picked up - but that was a joke)  

00Shoe
Captain

Dryskale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:58 am
00Shoe
*ambushes* Shut up, no one likes your opinions anyway :p

(Since it is in text, sarcasm is not always able to be picked up - but that was a joke)
Huggles, I picked it up. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:08 pm
I just had to make sure - You can never be too sure with furries :p  

00Shoe
Captain

Dryskale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:29 pm
00Shoe
I just had to make sure - You can never be too sure with furries :p
I've just gotten to the phase where before I even log on to any furry oriented site, I say to my self "******** Furries, *shakes head*" I love our little fandom, but damn we have issues. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:51 am
And furries wonder why they are always made fun of...  

00Shoe
Captain

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:13 am
00Shoe
And furries wonder why they are always made fun of...

Actually, I wonder why we complain so much when we ARE made fun of x3
I mean, we're choosing to live in a way that draws excessive attention to us. We're bound to get hate. And yet a lot of us feel like we deserve to be treated exactly the same. If that's what everyone wanted.. I don't think we'd really be furries.

Or maybe I'm just spoutin' crazy xp  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces