Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Final Fantasy IV The after years?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:20 pm
It is very unlike me to do this, But I am very unsure about this, so I will ask the Cult. (Not that I have anything against the Cult lol 3nodding , It's just I am often very paranoid about spoilers, and I can usually figure out wheather I want to buy a game easily anyway)

Did you play Final Fantasy IV, the after Years for Wii Ware?

I love Final Fantasy IV DS, (only version I played) and was excited for this for a while, but after realizing it costs about $40 total for all the parts, and enemy ecounter rates are very high (something that might frusterate me) I am unsure.

So I would like to hear opnions on it, is the story worth seeing? Is it just fanfare? or more?
Is it worth more then just seeing the characters again, and returning to world of final fantasy IV?

I actually checked IGN and Gamespot about this too.
Gamespot gave it a 5.5 and IGN gave an 8.0. .... That doesn't help much. (I read the full reviews too)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:12 am
The only thing I can tell you about it that wont spoil anything is as follows:

-It's not Cecil you control. It's some kid whose name rhymes with Cecil
-Gameplay is a'la the GBA version with better colors
-Me no likey  

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:43 am
There's no reason they couldn't have done it with the DS game's engine. Oh, yeah there is, it's a cell phone port.

That should be your answer right there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:59 am
It is insulting that the marketers in square would do this to the BEST DAMN FINAL FANTASY TO HAVE EVER GRACED A TV SCREEN!!!!..... Ahem. Sorry.
I almost broke my damn phone when Dragn99 told me what they were doing. No joke. I would play it for story, But I would most likely put it on the computer as a rom and mod the crap out of it.

StormDawn

3,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:01 am
Decavolty
The only thing I can tell you about it that wont spoil anything is as follows:

-It's not Cecil you control. It's some kid whose name rhymes with Cecil
-Gameplay is a'la the GBA version with better colors
-Me no likey
Actually, the main character's name is "Ceodore" It does not ryme with Cecil, but (Possible Final fantasy IV spoilers follow) It Rymes with his brother "Theadore" It just starts with the same letter as Cecil. And I am also aware that he is Cecil and Rosa's son.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:04 am
Waynebrizzle
There's no reason they couldn't have done it with the DS game's engine. Oh, yeah there is, it's a cell phone port.

don't have a problem with the graphics and stuff really, I would rather it was for the ds though with those graphics. But it should really be priced a little lower...

But if I get a lot of people saying the story is great and worth seeing, i'll buy it.
So far It's not lookin too good it seems...  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:39 pm
Waynebrizzle

Not really. Pokemon Red and Green got a facelift with FR/LG, hell even Final Fantasy IV got it's first facelift on the PSX. And now on the DS. There's no excuse.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:28 pm
Decavolty
Waynebrizzle

Not really. Pokemon Red and Green got a facelift with FR/LG, hell even Final Fantasy IV got it's first facelift on the PSX. And now on the DS. There's no excuse.

That was part of my point.  

Waynebrizzle

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:06 pm
Waynebrizzle
Decavolty
Waynebrizzle

....OK.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:13 pm
Decavolty
Waynebrizzle
Decavolty
Waynebrizzle

....OK.

There was sarcasm in there. It's just hard to read on the internet. I HATE using that excuse myself, but I really was going for it.  

Waynebrizzle

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:50 pm
Waynebrizzle
Decavolty
Waynebrizzle
Decavolty
Waynebrizzle

....OK.

There was sarcasm in there. It's just hard to read on the internet. I HATE using that excuse myself, but I really was going for it.

heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:45 pm
I still think it insulting. Me I am the biggest Square Fanboy (notice the lack of the hated ENIX) ever and Four was my first. I actually made plans to kill the idiots at the company's building for that.  

StormDawn

3,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:31 am
StormDawn
I still think it insulting. Me I am the biggest Square Fanboy (notice the lack of the hated ENIX) ever and Four was my first. I actually made plans to kill the idiots at the company's building for that.
So what is it about that you hate?
the very idea of a sequal? The price? The ideas they have for the story?
Or what?  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff